Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be

Go down 
+7
elementfrvr
sticks.13
Lone Wolf
killyouno5
TheJim
lonesniper24
Alabama_Sniper
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Empty
PostSubject: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:34 pm

I just got bored and thought I would throw in my two cents on the matter of Semi and Fully auto " Sniper Rifles " . Ok here we go . Oh and if anyone's toes are stepped on , I truly am sorry . And if this topic is not in the right section I am also sorry for that as well , ok here we go . P.S. this is going to be just a tad bit long , and with that in mind lets get on with it .

Sniper rifles to me are single shot or semi automatic weapons , and at first I didn't even consider semi auto to be a sniper rifle . You see , sorry Admin but that gun of yours the SL8 , to me isn't a sniper rifle , it is an assault rifle with a scope . Sniper rifles should be different from other guns , otherwise I could just pick up an Aftermath Ak-47 and upgrade it to shoot 520 fps , put a scope on it and call it a niper rifle . My sniper rifle is a bolt action ( UTG L96 ) , and it is what I consider a true sniper rifle . The M-14 , also a true sniper rifle , and the VSR 10 also a true sniper rifle , but when you start talking about M-16s or AUGs , that is a joke . No offense to anyone when I say this , but really . If I took a SAW and threw a scope on it would it be a sniper rifle ? No , so whats the difference between that , and the SL8 , or the M-16 . In these guns and guns owners defense , some of these guns , when made into airsoft replicas , are only set to shoot semi-auto , like the Dragonuv , and some M-16's . My first airsoft gun was an M-16 , it was also a springer , making it a single shot gun , was this a sniper rifle ? No , but it was more of one than some airsoft guns that claim to be sniper rifles out there today . I was watching future weapons the other day , when a new sniper rifle came on the show , and what kind was it , you guessed it a semi / fully auto . Now some may agree with me and some may disagree with me but I feel like I should make my opinion known . Thank you , that is all .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm

I agree people say their rifle is a "sniper rifle" even though it's just an assault rifle up graded to shoot farther and stronger. And the low amount of semi auto rifles make it harder for a person who favors them more to have a hard time so they end up doing that and calling it a sniper rifle (no efence I'm just giving my opinion) I do like the semi auto rifles but I can't call them all "true sniper rifles".
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Hmm. Tough one. Semi-auto only rifles with long barrels, scopes and high power I would consider to be DM rifles, E.G. a G3, SL8/9, M14, PSG, Dragunov etc.

I wouldn't use one because you won't get the same accuraccy out of them and also they are too noisy. Bolt actions are for the true sniper, semi's are more for DM's and possibly spotters (my spotter has an M14 Socom that can still fire full auto and is at 350 ish.)

Jim
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:07 pm

I personally consider the PSG,Dragunov, and M14 to be sniper rifles. because that was their main perpouse for the military well not M14 but M21
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:26 pm

i have a g3 sg1 and it is said by the company to be a sniper/ambush weapon. I want to know how this can be its semi or fully auto with about 350fps and with no upgrades. it has a bipod with no scope. But the sights on it are ajustable. I have no idea what to classify this under accept maybe a dm. but even then its still really long. oh and its accuate to about 45yrds then it starts to go off. But if i had to choose i would but it in a light machine gun group and thats what i would use it for. Can anyone help me with this? What should i do in order to become really good with this gun and how should i use it.

P.S. Sry but i thought this might tie in with this subject.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Well the G3SG1 can make a great DM weapon. Disable the full auto feature and get a tightbore and cylinder and spring upgrades to get it at a higher fps, stick a scope on it, bob's your uncle! Laughing

Jim
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Fully auto sniping "mechsniping"
Semi auto "DM"
boltaction "sniping hardcore!"
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 pm

May I comment on most of the obove posts.

A SASS(semi auto sniping system) is much different than a DMR(designated marksman rifle).

the SL8 was designed to be a SASS. H&K designed it for quick target acquisition. Mainly with urban environments in mind.

The SAM-R is a DMR, basically a modifyed M16 with a shiny $1500 M3 scope.
wiki has a pic!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Marine_Corps_Squad_Advanced_Marksman_Rifle

The trouble with airsoft is trying to replicate the RS counterparts acurately. CA made their SL8's FA so they wouldn't loose customers because of semi only. An SL8 in the way ADMIN uses it is a DMR. a semi auto SL8 with the factory 25rd mag is most definately a SASS.

See the problem with classification now?

besides those point I think you hit the nail on its head A_S, good post/topic.

sticks
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Semi auto can be a sniper if (a. it is gas not electric
(b. is the based on a real world semi gun (ie.no semi m700
(c. is as accurate as a bolt action

I prefer bolt action
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:06 pm

i like spring sniper rifles the best! they are cheaper more efficient, less cost effective (gas or battery wise) and most the time spring snipers are more powerful
Back to top Go down
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Dependable and accurate at a good range, that's all they need to be.
Back to top Go down
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:23 pm

No offense but i don't like the feel ok l96 bolt action snipers.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:45 pm

no offence but i really like my electric gun because with some upgrades it could be an awsome sniper and i know it is loud but i really don't try to hid that much anyways Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Why would anyone be offended ??
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Sniper in my point of view- A extremely quiet and sneaky person who can shoot people from extreme ranges.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 pm

So if what your saying is true, then someone who is really gassy wouldn't be a good sniper..
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 pm

elementfrvr wrote:
Semi auto can be a sniper if (a. it is gas not electric
(b. is the based on a real world semi gun (ie.no semi m700
(c. is as accurate as a bolt action

I prefer bolt action

There less than 10 gas SASS's for airsoft. But there are many excellent AEG's that mimic their RS counterparts, more so even than some gas systems could.

Also if I read between the lines correctly than spring sniper rifles should be banned because they have an unrealistic bolt. Only gas sniper rifles should be allowed because they have a realistic bolt. Am I right?

TacOps: What is your definition for really gassy? Smile

sticks
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:06 pm

yea but you can't use gas guns in cold weather or your seals and cylinders and many other things will break
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:01 pm

not if you rig your own heating system in the gun rag.
handwarmers on the inside of the gun rag...may or may not help. im not to strong in this area
HELP?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:20 pm

Only lower end gas rifles will break, well actually any gas rifles that have a gas cylinder will not do so good. You might have to watch the O rings, as long as your not playing every week with it you should be fine though.

I got my M9 to work in -4*F last year during a winter game. Granted i had to rub the mag with my hands for 5mins, but after it was warmed up it worked flawlessly. I had hand warmers in my gloves.

sticks
Back to top Go down
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:31 am

sticks.13 wrote:

TacOps: What is your definition for really gassy? Smile

sticks

If you can be heard from more than ten feet away...
Or have visited Taco Bell within the last few days..
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:33 pm

Or if all of a sudden you smell like eggs... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:35 pm

What does that have anything to do with a sniper rifle , lol .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Quote :
What does that have anything to do with a sniper rifle , lol .

Yeah, I was wondering how that happened too. scratch
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:42 pm

[quote]
There less than 10 gas SASS's for airsoft. But there are many excellent AEG's that mimic their RS counterparts, more so even than some gas systems could.

Also if I read between the lines correctly than spring sniper rifles should be banned because they have an unrealistic bolt. Only gas sniper rifles should be allowed because they have a realistic bolt. Am I right? [quote]

No all that I am saying is that for purists the only choices are spring or gas depending on type of gun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be   Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniper Rifles And What They Should Be
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next