Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Brand new Classic Army SL8

Go down 
+3
Seabass_9000
Sentinel
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Brand new Classic Army SL8 Empty
PostSubject: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:30 am

Hey guys, just thought I'd post some pics of my CA8-2 I just got today! Although I haven't received my batteries yet to try out the performance, I'm already in love with it Smile It's got a real solid feel to it, good weight distribution, and a surprisingly large area for batteries (problem with G36 series). I've got a lot of compliments from my friends and family so far. Hopefully I'll be just as pleased with it's performance. I got it pre-upgraded by one of the guys at Precision Airsoft (redid entire gearbox, m120 spring). It should be shooting at about 400 fps. Anyway, the pics aren't that great at all, and don't show detail real well, but you'll get the idea.

Also, some of these pics include my UTG L96 and WE Hi-capa 5.1 "Black Dragon"
*I have black electrical tape covering the orange tip until I can have my friend sand it down and paint over it for me.
*Also, I won't be using all three magazines clipped together as shown in pictures. I just put them like that for the pics.

Brand new Classic Army SL8 104_1810

Brand new Classic Army SL8 104_1811

Brand new Classic Army SL8 104_1812

Brand new Classic Army SL8 104_1813

Brand new Classic Army SL8 104_1814

Brand new Classic Army SL8 104_1815
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:31 am

Whoa it looks sweet, full auto with the accuracy of a sniper = field control
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:38 am

It is a really nice looking replica. They feel great when shouldered also. Smile

Admin, you need some batteries man!!! Very Happy I wish my stuff would have got here today, but unfortunately UPS couldnt make it in my driveway on the account of 2-3 inches of snow and ice covering it... Needless to say, I am a little disappointed. Sad

I guess it will have to wait until next week.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:53 am

Sentinel wrote:
Whoa it looks sweet, full auto with the accuracy of a sniper = field control

Ha. That's what I'm hoping for Wink I hear it's deadly on full-auto, but we'll see as soon as those darn batteries come in!! I purchased two 9.6v 1400 MAH batteries. I hope that's enough to crank that motor (I'm sure it will be). If I would have known how long the compartment for the battery is I would have purchased a much larger battery. Maybe I will anyway! Three batteries = good.

Seabass_9000 wrote:
It is a really nice looking replica. They feel great when shouldered also. Smile

Admin, you need some batteries man!!! Very Happy I wish my stuff would have got here today, but unfortunately UPS couldnt make it in my driveway on the account of 2-3 inches of snow and ice covering it... Needless to say, I am a little disappointed. Sad
I guess it will have to wait until next week.

Seabass.... not cool. Don't you hate that?! Last night I tracked the package online and it said it was stuck in Kentucky due to "adverse weather conditions." I was sure it wasn't going to make it today, but thankfully luck was on my side. I assume you'll get it Monday then? Doesn't UPS deliver on Saturdays though? Maybe that's a dumb question Smile Anyway, sorry to hear about your luck... If it'd make you feel better, you can come over to my house and try out my SL8 Wink Bring a battery though lol.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:03 am

ummm.... full auto/sniper = ouchy for opposing team affraid

HEY GUYS, I AM ON ADMIN'S TEAM!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:53 pm

You shouldn't let the other team know about it, and when you snipe someone and a c.q.b or rifleman rushes in on you, just unload on them Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:15 pm

i think we might be pulling some Bait and Trap at OP:SF2... yes?

i say Roamer would be a good Bait... yes?

was talkin to my bro and were gonna be green for... and i might be getting a JG M700 soon so either way i will be sniper/spotter during OP:SF2.
k back on topic

VERY NICE! what is in that beast of a G36?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Sentinel wrote:
You shouldn't let the other team know about it, and when you snipe someone and a c.q.b or rifleman rushes in on you, just unload on them Twisted Evil

Ha. I'd love to see them rush me (and my spotter). Flip that baby into full-auto and let'em have it Smile

sticks.13 wrote:
i think we might be pulling some Bait and Trap at OP:SF2... yes?

i say Roamer would be a good Bait... yes?

was talkin to my bro and were gonna be green for... and i might be getting a JG M700 soon so either way i will be sniper/spotter during OP:SF2.
k back on topic

VERY NICE! what is in that beast of a G36?
sticks

I think Roamer would make great bait. Dangle him out there in front of the enemy and clean them up as they come. *sorry Roamer*

Sticks, sorry if you've told me before I've forgotten, but what does your current arsenal look like? I like the jg m700, btw. I'm looking forward to attending OP:F2 Smile

That beast of a G36 (sl8) is carrying a standard 6.04 precision barrel, the beauty that is the Classic Army mechbox, a real solid, tight fiberglass body, 7mm Bushing gearbox, and the 400 fps upgrade from Precision Airsoft that includes installation of a M120 Spring, Aluminum Piston Head with Bearing, Reinforced Cylinder Head, Custom Re-Shim, and they also include anything else they might see that needs upgrading within the gun to ensure longevity. Love it Smile
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:05 pm

i got a TM M4 with about 350-400$ worth of upgrades. all internal(cept for a nice KM SOCOM silencer).

that SL8 is a beast(not that it wasnt when i didnt know the internals).

are you going to paint it to match your ghilli? if so is it going to be a flat color or a custom camo?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Dont worry Admin, I am sure you will get your chance with Slacker and I rushing you. Very Happy We fear no replica... even if we are using bolt actions. Twisted Evil

I am planning on painting my JG Bar once I play with it a couple of times. I already bought the Krylon Camo paint (flat black, flat OD, and flat tan). I am still planning a pattern for it, but I am sure it will mainly be OD with black and tan accents.
The CA8 would look wicked with a custom paint job... but I am not sure I would want to be the guy painting a brand new replica that already looks awesome. Very Happy Its one thing to paint a bolt action, but a CA8... that is just a work of art all on its own. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:43 am

That classic army gun is nice but all classic army guns are nice must be kinda heavy though being all metal .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:47 pm

They do typically have more metal, but I'm not sure it's enough to make a big difference in weight. But maybe I just got used to carrying around my 15lb. L96 so my 10lb. CA8-2 didn't seem so bad.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:00 am

thats pretty light figure it would wiegh more than the L-96 still a nice gun though I like it and I wouldn't have it apinted either .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:00 am

That thing just looks mean. no joke. If I ran into someone and they had that id take off running, or shoot them with my MP5. But you get the point Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new Classic Army SL8   Brand new Classic Army SL8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new Classic Army SL8
Page 1 of 1