Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Wielding limit?

Go down 
+2
Admin
Dark Knight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 pm

For a majority of tournament play can you cary more than one "primary"
can i for instance have the Sniper on my back and run around w/ the commando? Or are you limited to a single "primary"? Can i go all matrix and have live 35 uzi's hidden under a trenchcoat? Juuuust wonderin'

DK
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 pm

That's a good question DK. Although tournaments do vary on their rules, most I've read up on don't have any rules set on how many primary weapons you can take with you. The reason being:

#1 - At most you could fire two at a time. Not a real threat if you ask me. Someone packing more than one primary won't be much more of a threat simply because it's just more of a mess to carry around (different size BBs, magazines, the gun itself). Like in your case, I'd hate carrying around a sniper rifle over my shoulder and an M4 in my hands at an 8 hr. event - that'd be awful!! With all the running around, tripping, hill-climbing, you'd be more of a hindrance to your team than a threat to your enemy.

#2 - You can only carry so many magazines/rounds at an event. For example, Blind Fury allows only 500 rounds worth of magazines. Although your sniper rifle mags wouldn't carry a lot of rounds in them (probably around sixty for two), carrying two primaries like an M4 and a SL8 like mine, where they both can take mid-cap to Hi-cap mags, you'd only be able to carry a few mags for each. This just simply isn't enough in most cases.

So simply put, I don't think there are restrictions like that, but for good reason - it's just not practical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Hey!!!! If somebody has a problem with the SPAS 12 "secondary" on my back they can come and pry it from my cold dead hands.... After I shoot them with it.... once... which means that they'll actually get hit 3 times... b/c the TM SPAS 12 is just that cool Laughing

Before I actually talk about my case, do you mean the same for somebody how would be weilding a X36C primary with a TM SPAS 12 as a secondary (for all of those up close and personal encounters)?????
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:20 pm

there is no "weilding" limit here in ohio. personaly if you get any more than 2 guns. you fail and should buy a tank instead.... it will probably cost the same knowing how high airsoft gun prices are Rolling Eyes

sticks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:31 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
it will probably cost the same knowing how high airsoft gun prices are Rolling Eyes

sticks

Amen. I'm paying more on my airsoft rifle than I would for a real (quality) rifle. But anyway, I'm not complaining - it's my choice to play airsoft Wink I would say that if someone hosting an event wanted to set a primary weapon limit they could, so I wouldn't say there aren't any events that have a primary weapon limit, but the chances are very unlikely. But again, there's a good reason for it Smile
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Man you guys crack me up... seriously go buy a paintball gun, they cost a lot more than any airsoft gun. That is why I own 4 Airsoft guns. Very Happy They seem VERY affordable if you ask me. Stormtrupr has an Angel 1... go buy one of those.

Anyways, I would say if you start running on a treadmill now and get in good enough shape go ahead and carry a sniper & M4 with you at Blind Fury... it would be very awkward going through the brush with a barrel sticking straight off of your back, but it could also be useful at times. If it were me and I wanted to be a sniper, I would get something like one of these to carry around as a secondary:
http://www.airsoftarms.com/view_product.php?ProductID=8283&product_name=ECHO%201,%20MP5%20PDW%20Automatic%20Electric%20Airsoft%20Gun

http://www.discountairsoftwarehouse.com/_e/loc/product/20022/TSD_Sports_SD7_SMG_AEG_Gen2.htm
- I have heard both of these particular models are great for the money... but back to my main point: If you are allowed to carry up to 500rds (loaded) with you... as a sniper you will maybe have 2-3 mags that might total to around 75rds max. This means you can carry around an extra 425rds in mags... so you could carry quite a few AEG mags for close engagements that may keep you alive against AEG's.

Of course, I am going to be a support gunner here once the mag comes in... so I guess if it were really me, I would just carry a full length CA36 with a bipod and C-Mag with 2500rds in it and say forget another primary, I've got an MG36 (recognized at almost every event as a support weapon). Very Happy ALTHOUGH... if I could get in good enough shape to carry the MG36 and the AK with the Launcher on it... wow that would be intimidating. cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Seabass_9000 wrote:
Man you guys crack me up... seriously go buy a paintball gun, they cost a lot more than any airsoft gun. That is why I own 4 Airsoft guns. Very Happy They seem VERY affordable if you ask me. Stormtrupr has an Angel 1... go buy one of those.

I have a slight problem with this comment. First of all, not of all us are out of school and have a real job. I'm attending college and am only able to fit in about ten hours of work a week at $7 an hour - you do the math. On top of that, I have car payments, phone bill, girlfriend, etc. That doesn't leave much room for airsoft. Second, you saying that about airsoft, is like us saying "you think paintball is expensive, get into collecting real rifles (the actual sniper rifles)," where guns cost $1500-$2500+ and the ammo cost $1.50 a round. Of course there's something more expensive than airsoft, just as there is something more expensive than paintball. Just because something more expensive exists doesn't mean we should easily be able to afford it. Paintball is expensive, very expensive (to me). That's why I had to quit a few years back. So yeah, maybe airsoft is less expensive, but that doesn't mean to some people that it's not still expensive. For me, paying $400 for a primary, $150 for a secondary, extra magazines, batteries, charger, de-charger, BBs, camo, etc. gets expensive! So when we see airsoft guns ranging from $300-$800+, yeah, to a lot of us (college students, highschool students) it can add up!

my two cents.

Admin
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Well... lets get back to the real rifle comment. First off yes the rounds cost $1.50 a piece and most people that collect rifles only shoot them maybe once a month or so. The typical tournament paintball player plays about every weekend. A paintball is roughly = .02, and most paintball players the last time I checked shoot on average about 500 a game in speedball, if you are a back player you may shoot upwards of 2000. 1 game is = about 10 minutes or less. This means if you shoot about 500 you have spent $10, if you shoot 2000 you have spent $45. Now consider playing in a tournament that lasts all day and you play about 8-10 games...
If the typical rifle owner shoots lets say $100 worth of ammo, which is probably more than a lot and maybe less than some that 1 time a month... I think the paintball player will surpass him at some point... and there are paintball guns that cost around $1500, so they may surpass the rifle owner before playing anyways. I have a few paintball guns and with everything I have invested into it, other than paint and air I have upwards of $3000+ in it. With paint & air... well I could probably have bought a brand new car. <-- A large portion of this was before I had a full time job as well.
Another hobby that costs a butt load of money is Nitro powered RC truck racing... I have a Traxxas Revo that has some mods done to it... costs a lot more than Airsoft, especially since it is easy to break parts on the trucks when competitively racing them.
One more off the top of my head that costs more than most hobbies is modifying a car... put a turbo on a car. It will cost you a lot of money because you will have to invest in several parts before you can simply just throw it in there. Not to mention if you want it to be reliable you will have to build up your engine first. Literally thousands of dollars... In the end possibly around $10,000 for a decent setup.

I am just trying to get across the point that Airsoft compared to many hobbies is pretty affordable... especially once you own a replica. BB's are cheap, if its an AEG you dont have to pay for compressed air (like paintball) to shoot it, etc...

Get rid of your phone, ride a bike and tell your girlfriend to buy your food. Very Happy

Last edited by Seabass_9000 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Just wanted to add... I personally like the fact that it is cheaper than most hobbies. It allows me to have a little more fun with it and upgrade stuff like there is no tomorrow.

Also, I dont feel like I am throwing away money when I pull the trigger and shoot a mag full of BB's. I just throw another mag in and go to town because it is only maybe $.75 for a 150rd mag.
Back to top Go down
stormtrupr
Private
Private
stormtrupr

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:45 am

seabass.....im impressed...you math is pretty close on the cost for 150 bb's at 11.50 a bag....only .03 cents off....so assuming you dont load it to the 150 and only go about 145...you are spot on!

lol...i had to check the math...sorry im analytical....but i didnt include tax:)

im bored...can anyone tell?
Back to top Go down
https://ohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=606815017
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:36 am

Actually my girlfriend is the one buying all my airsoft gear, soooo.... yeah. Probably can't get rid of her just yet Wink lol

Although comparing paintball and rifle collecting/shooting that in depth was a little past the point I was trying to make, I see your point. However, I was thinking of more like the clubs I've been in involved with, where these guys spend thousands of dollars a month buying new guns and upgrading their old ones, while going shooting every Saturday for several hours, spending tons of money on ammunition. It's ridiculous the amount of money they spend (to me, anyway)!

My point was simply this: the majority of airsofters are in the 13-20 age range. Although people are playing well into their 40s and 50s, the buying power is coming from either the young'uns parents or the highschool/college student's wallets - this just simply isn't a big buying power when it comes to buying Classic Army and Tokyo Marui replicas. So it's not that easy to say a simple statement like airsoft is an inexpensive hobby. However, I couldn't agree with you more that compared to many hobbies it's not that bad (but I can't really afford those either lol).

I guess there's always VISA. They love paying for things for me Wink

Also, might I add, Stormtrupr, I feel your pain. I'm so bored too that I was tempted to check the math lol. Sad? Could be lol.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:41 am

Stormtrupr, I knew you would read that post so I got as close as possible knowing you would do all the math. Very Happy Apparently I know you pretty well... I guess after 20+ years I should have an idea of what you are going to do. Smile
Admin, all you would have had to say about the rifle collecting thing is: there are some guys that buy guns that cost over $5000 like a Barrett .50cal... that would have proven your point. However, not many people actually are stupid enough to spend that kind of money. Very Happy
I guess for the people who cant afford Classic Army and Tokyo Marui replica's there is always Echo 1, which from my experience can compete with more expensive replica's fairly easy. It might not be quite as precise, but it can lob some BB's out there with the best of them. Very Happy

Yeah, your girlfriend is cool... dont let that go anytime soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wielding limit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wielding limit?   Wielding limit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wielding limit?
Page 1 of 1