Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

snipers DONTS

Go down 
+32
Capt-Crowbar
ghilliesniper
Snipernoob
SnoSnipe
sgtturtle
p51dmustang
DrummerBoyz95
Jarhead999 76 65
HWgeneral
JARHEAD
Jackofalltrades
Murder
metal sniper3445
Zane
MetallicAirsoft
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
unitsniper02
nicstick123
Admin
Sniper004
white wolf
slob212
sniperGokey
panic324
stealth killer
elementfrvr
Satan
killyouno5
sticks.13
kkoerber
Lone Wolf
silent--likethenight
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

okay so theres all these things about what to do. lets hear some of what not to do (stories...ect.)
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Don't use a scope that has high glare.

The 'do's' have opposite and obvious don'ts associated
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:16 pm

how would you take that glare out?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:22 pm

glare sheild, or putting a fabric mesh over the end of the scope.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:24 pm

alright thanks
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:51 pm

yeah defintaly do this for nite ops it helps a lot...
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:17 pm

don't call a sniper rifle a 'sniper'.

don't think you are going to be a master chief no scoping 1337 n00b pwning vet the first time you snipe...

I'll add more later, got to go eat.

sticks
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:07 pm

One thing don't UNDERESTIMATE THE ENEMY this is a huge thing that is everywhere. A 15 year old kid walks onto a field with a jg m4 and some 26 year old guy walks on with a classic army saw thinking he is bad. Well the older guy has been playing for a year and is alright but what he doesnt know is that the 15 year old kid has been playing for 5 years with the same gun and has put more money into his m4 then the older guy bought his gun for. They meet in the field and the kid blows him out of the water. just a lesson to the newer guys to airsoft.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 pm

Thank you sticks that is one of my biggest petpeve people calling the rifle a sniper uhh. GHILLIE SUITS don't MAKE YOU INVISIBLE. It takes skill to hide but your never invisible.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:49 pm

killyouno5 Echo's haven't been around for 5 years Laughing. That's a really good point though!

sticks
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:24 am

lol it can go with any gun TM G&G what ever
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Don't think the guns are bad because they are made in asia. My teammate when he was a noob said he didn't want a japanese airsoft gun so he is buying clones from chinese brands (utg jg).
Back to top Go down
stealth killer
Private
Private

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:01 pm

killyouno5 wrote:
One thing don't UNDERESTIMATE THE ENEMY this is a huge thing that is everywhere. A 15 year old kid walks onto a field with a jg m4 and some 26 year old guy walks on with a classic army saw thinking he is bad. Well the older guy has been playing for a year and is alright but what he doesnt know is that the 15 year old kid has been playing for 5 years with the same gun and has put more money into his m4 then the older guy bought his gun for. They meet in the field and the kid blows him out of the water. just a lesson to the newer guys to airsoft.
heyy dude... ive been playing airsoft maybe 1 year....... im on eof the best sniper on my team.... i no scope... specially with glare.. a sniper aint no sniper with out skill and skill is earned not retreived...remeber that bro... age don't matter and years of play don't matter.. i got a 120$ gun and other got 400-1200 and i still waste them..... just saying dude... never underestimate a newb he could be a tree.......

;'`~stealth~`';
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 am

...Riiiiight^...

Conserve your ammunition as a sniper. If you have doubts about your ability to make the shot, don't take it. You're not an assault unit. You're not chosen for your ability to put up a wall of lead. Make EVERY SHOT COUNT.

At the same time, don't be afraid to fire your weapon. Make your presence felt. Your job (or at least part of it) is to make the enemy fear the unknown and keep them on their toes.

Don't post up anywhere and take potshots at the passing enemy. Chances are, they're not as stupid as you think they are. And always assume THEY CAN HEAR YOUR RIFLE FIRE. Too many shots from one place will give you away. MOVE.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:32 am

One thing you never do is, never underestimate mother nature... For she herself can prove to be difficult to work with. She is very sensitive toward those who do not respect her. Also something els, do not waste away your ammunition. And do not waste away your supplies, in which you carry. hope i helped.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Don´t engage a force larger than you are capable of handling,
Don´t think you are the best on the field, you arn´t.
Don´t think that you are invisible, You arn´t.
The opponents Snipers are Just as good as you, maybe better.
Be prepared for the unexpected, S**t Happens.
If you think that your target is out of Range, It Is !!
If you are Low on Ammunition, your Opponent Isn´t
Friendly Fire Isn´t.
Just when you need to report something, that is the time that your radio will want to play games and not work correctly, What is your alternative mode of communication ?
Don´t do anything in your shooting position except prepare to engage, or engage, if you want to eat, move to your Hide Position.
Unless your support element is laying 10 meters away, don´t expect them to get to your position in time, they won´t.

and last but not least,

snipers DONTS 2007_08_18sniper
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:05 pm

TREES a shot from that angle hurts Shocked butt shots are the worst
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:54 am

don't climb trees, others may disagree but all trees have given me is heart ake,i climb them i get a shot at and can't get away fast enougth.

don't get in a ghillie suit then get next to a tree.. we call it a tree bump... theyll see you

don't forget to put face pant on your ears and neck

gloves, ware them, your hands stick out in the woods

were shoes not boots(unless in winter), shoes are ighter and easier to sneak in

don't try to hide under a car or brigde... it works like 1 in 20 times
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Hmmm... Well I disagree with some of the advice given, but overall I think there's some pretty good stuff in this thread. Here are my biggest "No Nos" when it comes to airsoft sniping. Some of it may resemble other people's responses, or be the very opposite of other's. Sorry if that's the case - I don't mean to confuse anyone.

1) Full ghillie suits are impractical in most scenarios. Don't wear'em if you don't have to. Some elites can get away with wearing them, but for the average sniper, don't get decked out in a full ghillie. You'll only end up regretting it later, especially in thick woods and hot weather. A ghillie jacket is enough, and even with that I always recommend the "light" versions of ghillies that aren't nearly as thick as others and are much more breathable.

2) Don't get on a forum or go to any events and brag about your gun and/or your skills. It really is a sad and annoying sight to behold. It amplifies too if you are using a stock (unmodded, unupgraded) $100-140 sniper rifle. That doesn't mean these guns are crap, just don't brag about them, please!

3) Someone mentioned earlier that years played doesn't matter - I disagree to an extent. Sure you can get lucky and get much more experienced players with better guns out on occasion, but the longer you play the more you learn about how events are played out, how other players typically react in various situations, how well you perform under tough circumstances, how your guns perform in different environments, which camo works best in different environments, etc. etc. There are many advantages that you gain through experience.

4) Don't underestimate the power of AEGs. Sniper's can quickly become at a disadvantage because our rifles don't outrage regular rifles by a whole lot (typically). This is why remaining quiet and picking your shots is extremely important. If you don't take this seriously you'll become a useless player with a useless rifle.

5) Don't take too much gear onto the field. Lighter is better. If you're really sniping, silence is golden. Don't be caught tromping around with tons of noisy gear hanging all over you. In the famous words of Michael Scott as told through Dwight in the TV show "The Office,"
KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

Smile And I'm not trying to poke fun at any members with what I'm about to say. Stealth Killer, I know what you meant by saying this, but this is too good to let go. My new favorite quote:
"never underestimate a newb he could be a tree......."
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
nicstick123
Private
Private
nicstick123

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 am

BRASS
Breath
Rest
Aim
Squeese
Shoot

Learned that from my dad. ex scout sniper for the Marine Corps special forces.
Back to top Go down
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Quote :
In the famous words of Michael Scott as told through Dwight in the TV show "The Office,"
KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

Going on with Dwights words "it hurts me everytime"

haha i love that show
Back to top Go down
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:53 am

When the pin is pulled Mr.Grenade is not our friend...... Agreed with who ever said it ghillie suits do not make you invisable. Move slowly and don't "turkey neck". Turkey necking is when your lying down in tall grass, pines, etc.... and you sitck your head up to get a look its a dead give away. The key to sniping is patience and stealth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 pm

a HUGE mistake my friends made was that I wanted them to SHOW my friend with the sniper the spot not stay there with him and leave me all alone were everone is coming and let me get hit. just so you know i shot 300rounds and hit one of them Sad
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Head shots are a nono if you wait a little bit longer you will get a better, safer more reliable shot. Airsoft is meant to be fun and im going to tell you it HURTS to get hit in the head by someone shooting 600fps. They are also impractical providing you with a small area to shoot at. Always go for the torso.
Back to top Go down
metal sniper3445
Private
Private
metal sniper3445

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:01 pm

About the don't underestimate a newb stuff, I have the perfect story. About 1 year ago My friend and I challanged my friends brother to and airsoft battle in the woods. I let him use my $15 spring pistol from Wal-Mart while I was using my UTG M324. My friend, who was on my team, was using some AEG that was also from Wal-Mart. Anyway my friends brother had never even held an airsoft gun. So my friend and I were on a hill and his brother ran to the base of the hill and shot at us. The wind was horrific and i could not hit him, my friend was reloading, and his brother shot me in the head and my friend in the arm...it sucked. So the newb won that day and my friend and I were pissssssed! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

snipers DONTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: snipers DONTS   snipers DONTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

snipers DONTS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next