Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Favorite DMR?

Go down 
+6
sticks.13
killyouno5
TheJim
pasniper21
elementfrvr
WorldsEdge
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:26 pm

hey guys i have a question for ya. what electric gun makes a good DMR? it has to have power ranger and accuracy right? so is that a M16, M14, G3 what is it? let me know what you guys think

Last edited by WorldsEdge on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:28 pm

I like the m16 if it is solid stock. Otherwise m14.
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:13 pm

It really is prefrence, because they all make good DMR guns with some upgrades. Please use correct grammer, spelling, and puncuation.(Makes it alot easier to read) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:32 pm

im a fan of the G3 myself. Although M14s are also sweet, and a properly set up armalite can look pretty cool.

Jim
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Ahem I have a liking to the g3 as my picture may show but i am also a fan of the m4. Personally i think the m16 has to long a barrel with just the long hand guard on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
sticks.13

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 pm

there are several things that you need to be looking for when you decide to play as a DM.

The most important thing on a DMR above all else is accuracy. For accuracy you are looking at an Inner Barrel, the bucking/nubbing, and most importantly the hop-up. Heres the way I rate the hop-ups in order, BTW TM is notorious for making the best hop-ups on the market. For that reason alone if you plan on being a DM you should look into them.
Hop-Ups
1. TM M14
2. TM G36(same one in Thompson I believe)
3. tie between TM G3 and TM AK
4. TM AR series(M4, M16 etc etc)
5. Mp5 series
I haven't shot a FAMAS so I'm Leaving it out because I really don't know.

Since all other companies copy TM's Hop-Ups(excluding the M14, clones have a weird one), you could accurately use this system with other brands. If anyone disagrees please correct me with your own experiences.

Now onto Nubbings/Buckings. I have shot a few AEG's that shoot above 400 but not many, there for expect the next list to be rated with the FPS level between 280-400. This list work the same as above.
Buckings
1. Systema black bucking
2. Prometheus soft type(or hard, I expect same quality)
3. TM stock for weapons shooting under 350FPS
4. Echo 1/JG when you let it sit in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes
5. Guarder
6. Other clone buckings (CYMA, UTG, ACM etc etc)

Nubbings
1. Any H nubbing, gives the same effect as a V hop-up
2. Promethius Hard
3. Systema
4. everything else

Next I will do barrels that I have installed and shot, I have not installed or shot a DBC/EDGI barrels so I'm leaving them out. Remember its not always about the inner diamiter but also the consistency of the barrel.

Tightbore Barrels
1. Madbull
2. KM head
3. Prometheus
4. Systema
5. TM VSR barrels

Those are the main points that you should look at when deciding on your DMR. There are some other points as far as upgrades but remember the above will decide the accuracy and most of the range elements. Other things to look for are, mag compatibility, availability of parts, and externals.

For the reasons above I would have to go with a TM M14. Behind that it would be a G3SG1. Then a Draganov.

sticks
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 pm

M16s dominate mag compatability and is a dragunov a dmr?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:56 am

Out of the Box, no tuning, no modifications ??

TM M14, hands down !!!

Modified, Tuned, ???

This is a players preference, for some people the G3, M14, are to long, so a good well tuned M16, or High end Tuned M4 suits them just fine. On the other hand it all comes down to how much you are willing to invest and how capable you are at tuning.

And I can´t believe the most simple of thing was forgotten, again !!!!
Remember to use quality BB´s, the best tuned gun in the world isn´t the effort if you are using substandard BB´s. Wink
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Aye Slob you bring up a good point. BB's are one of the most important things you could do to hurt or help your gun. A Systema PTW will not be a PTW for lon if you use .12G Cybergun BB's in them. It will be a broken Systema PTW.

I'll update the guide later tonight if I get a chance.

sticks
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm

I've gotta go with the M14. That maybe just a little biased because I'm a sniper though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:50 am

I don't see where I can really top sticks or slob in there posts above , or it will be hard to do at least anyway , but I will try . All of the guns that you have mention above are good guns , I don't really know how to describe one as the best with out some personal bias being behind my answer . So instead of chosing the better I will just give you a list of what to and what not to look for in Desinated Marksmen Rifles , and let you chose from there yourself .

Accuracy ( After All It Is Sort Of A Sniper Rifle )

Feet Per Second ( Again In A Way Sort Of A Sniper Rifle )

Sturdiness ( As With Any Airsoft Gun Nothing Cheapily Made )

Upgradable ( Again As With Any Airsoft Gun )

Looks ( Usually Doesn't Have Anything To Do With The Performance But Nobody Wants An Ugly Gun )

Price ( Nothing Over 300 Dollars )

Wow that was long , but I hope that I helped .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:30 am

Alabama_Sniper wrote:

Price ( Nothing Over 300 Dollars ) .

why should a rifle you are most likely putting hundreds of dollars of upgrades into, cost UNDER $300? I disagree, because if Iam going to put hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades into my replica, I want the actual GUN to be very high quality. I wouldnt want to waste all of that cash because the guns original internals couldn't hold up or keep up with some of the upgrades, or because the gun wasn't of that high quality in the first place, and just had a weak body. pretty much everything else said so far I agree with, though.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:31 am

Ya I also disagree. Why get a cheap gun and upgrade the crap out of it when you could start out with a Murai. Then you would have to upgrade less internals and such.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:01 am

Quote :
Looks ( Usually Doesn't Have Anything To Do With The Performance But Nobody Wants An Ugly Gun )

What would you consider an UGLY gun ? What may not be appealing to some, may really do it for others !!

The weapons we choose all have to do with personal preference, I´ll use one of mine as an example, the CA SCAR.

To most people this gun is about the ugliest thing to be brought out on the market, it dosn´t matter if it is from D-Boys, VFC, or CA. I have listened to the snide comments, `` Would rather use a P 90, than use a SCAR !!!´´, then you throw a grenade launcher on to it, `` Hey Slob, your SCAR´s pregnant !!!´´. Now I take all the comments in stride, because I know that on the Field, sooner or later the opinions are going to change, usualy right after they get nailed, and never heard where the shot came from Very Happy . I find it ammusing after a long game or event, how many of the haters end up comming back around to take another look.

Remember AirSoft is for everybody, and for everybody´s different tastes. No such thing as an Ugly Gun, there are just guns that are not my taste or preference.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:05 pm

I meant that if it was ugly to you then don't get it , and as for the under 300 dollars , there are a lot of good DMRs for under 300 , but for the sake of an argument I will raise that price to over 300 but under 400 , and once you get it , you won't spend as much for upgrades ,

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&products_id=3170

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&products_id=2324

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_157&products_id=3145
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:04 pm

I Stand corrected Cool

Alabama Sniper, brings up a real good point,

Alot of the clone companies have been knocked out of thier slumber and come to realize just how fast the community is growing, and how picky the buyer is. More and more are starting to produce some fantastic low cost AirSoft guns.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Exactally , thanks slob , you have helped prove my point . A desinated marksman rifle , is just like any other airsoft rifle , price isn't what makes it a great gun .
Back to top Go down
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:04 pm

G3 looks pretty good, and thanks for all the insight. But does anyone have a link to a rail system for that G3?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Sponsored content

Favorite DMR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite DMR?   Favorite DMR? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite DMR?
Page 1 of 1