Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

sniper nest

Go down 
+8
Alabama_Sniper
Satan
Ragnarock
Admin
Seabass_9000
sticks.13
Fox13
wf sniper
12 posters
AuthorMessage
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 5:21 pm

i know guys have heard of a sniper nest before.
i have a game coming up in a few days and its soppose to last quite awhile and i was tinking it would be a good idea to make a sniper position(nest)and ive only dojne it a few times but never for a game could someone give me advice on how to make a really good sniper nest.
synthetic materials:
i have a camo sheet that has pretend leafs sewed on it(made for deer hunting)

ghillie

camo for rifle

4 wood boards

natural:
foliage(leafs,sticks,weeds,and pretty much every other foliege

i know this question sounds really stupid but wanted to know how u would do it thank u
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Ok first find a good spot. If you want ideas look at my "The Art of Incognito" in my sig. Then take a pair of clippers and make it so you can get to your spot by crawling. Cut as little as possible. This is very important.

And for the final step... do nothing. The less you disturb the environment the more natural it looks (duh).

When you go to lay down (assuming you are planning to lay prone) take the dirt and leaves on the ground and put it on top of you. That way it doesn't make noise underneath you and it helps hide you.

PS: Where did you get your ghillie?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:33 pm

try to place yourself against a hill or a large rock... this might sound stupid but it allows you to concentrate on one area instead of having to worry about the other flank or whats that coming up behind me scenarios. if there is nothing like this try camping in a not so obvious area(ie. 10ft away from a trail, in the middle of a less dense wooded area etc etc). this takes extreme skill to pull off, and you WILL have to use natural vegetation when doing this.

try to stay away from anything synthetic if you plan on making a burrow, but if you do need to speed things up use the hunting sheet and drape it over one side of the burrow and add some natural vegi.

hope that helps.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 am

I agree with sticks, find a good way to narrow down your concentration so you dont have to worry about being shot in the back. Hillsides work well, maybe against some heavy brush or a large tree? Either way it would narrow the possibility of you getting blindsided.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 am

Yes but if you are playing with experienced people they might know to look in a hill next to the big rock that gives tons of cover. I sure would.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:32 am

Fox13 wrote:
Yes but if you are playing with experienced people they might know to look in a hill next to the big rock that gives tons of cover. I sure would.

This is a great point. Something to consider anyway. It's a tough call finding a nice mix between needed cover and not digging in in areas that just "scream" sniper nest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:18 pm

thanx guys
i spent 2 hrs yesterday looking for a perfect spot and i finally found one its 100ft from where every one else is(they like playing cqb so).all the sides are covered and the top has foliege too the front of it where i plan to shoot has a few branches where i can rest my gun on with out exsposing the barrel i cut out a place for me to sit i have to crawl about 12yds to get into it and it has an escape route too just to the left.
u asked if the guys im playing with have skill not really they buy 5-10 guns at walmart instead of saving and getting a good gun(the only skill they have is how fast they can shoot lol)there not really my friends they are a friends friends so cant wait well gotta go play i let u guys know how it went,thnx again
Back to top Go down
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 pm

oh and i made my ghillie fox
if ur thinking about making one get this dvd called "art of camoflage"
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:53 pm

actually, sometimes the most effective sniper spot is the one that "just screams sniper spot". if you are playing with experienced players then, assuming you are experienced, they wont think to look at the obvious spots.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm

http://www.instructables.com/id/Camo-Sniper-bunkerfoxhole/

I made this/posted it on this site its a do it your self site. This works really well it takes a lot of work and effort though.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Dig into an area about a couple of inches into the ground and set up boards . Then cover the boards with a ghille ( prefferably a duck hunting ghille ) and cover that with foliage Then leave a spot for you and your spotter to get in and out quickley , and a spot to shoot . My spotter and I used to do this alot until we became a little bit more mobile .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:01 pm

ok if you see a really good spot don't use it. Most likely the other team will see it to so pick another spot that is less likely to see a sniper in and then get in there sry can't help to much with the set up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:47 pm

Buy one of those military shovels so you can dig and make a little thing to go prone in and set it up as a little base type thing.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 pm

i think you mean a shallow fox hole. Or as some say a marine grave its a old thing from ww2 when marines would dig a small hole only large enough for them to lay down in and when they got killed in them it was kinda like a shallow grave because they would just fill it in and leave.
Back to top Go down
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:45 am

Don't forget the futon and a few throw pillows. Maybe a nice lamp with a fringy shade.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 am

oh and maybe some beads for the doorway
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 am

A radio would be a nice touch. Just be sure to wear orange when you are in the nest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 4:30 pm

ya can't have you getting shot so a orange sweat shirt or something would be a good idea just to let people know you are there and not to shoot at you Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sniper nest Empty
PostSubject: Re: sniper nest   sniper nest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sniper nest
Page 1 of 1