Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft Cover

Go down 
+4
stormtrupr
Fox13
sticks.13
Ragnarock
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:55 pm

yeah, he didn't mean you about bringing down airsoft obviously you have your head on straight.
The problem comes from when people say "they are just toys" and flaunt them in public... thats called jail bate. It also kills airsoft's image... ADMIN doesn't want that and neither do you so your on the same side lol
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:16 pm

yea, i do hate it when people are really unsafe with airsoft guns. like these kids i live near that dont use eye protection
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 pm

wow, thats a no no. Nobody plays without eye protection. I always freak out when my friends point their airsoft guns at my face, even if they are unloaded and nobody gets why! lol My pappy teachs firearms, its just instinct YOU DON'T DO IT period lol

My course isn't so much speedball. A pal and I are going to tear down the "buildings" and replace them with more barriers. I will post some pics if we ever get it done, but that wont be until 2 weeks at least.
Here is the area before I did any upgrades; you can still be very tactical/sneaky

You can see a blazing fast ADMIN there... You'd have to ask him why he is leaving his L96 behind to guard the flag scratch
Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Pic-0010
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm

He is just a bluuuuur... lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:57 pm

he must have a knife! he is definitely going rambo
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:18 pm

See, its not so much speedball. I just call it that b/c we tipically play medic, capture the flag, and other fast paced games there unlike our other practice spots. It is reletively small, but as you can see it is easy to hide with a fair amount of cover. I do what I can to keep good reliable barriers.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 2:59 pm

i thought you were reffering to indoor paintball. i havent had the chance to play an outdoor game. it does look fun
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:31 pm

I was probably a little misleading by saying "speedball." All I meant by this and by what I use this course for is that we tipically play faster paced games and not so much milsim. It is a rather small course with very reliable (can't shoot through them) obstacles. That being said it is a lot easier (and better) for games such as capture the flag and my variation of medic. I have a blast playing with my friends there and could never give it up for milsim all of the time... I really don't think I could even though I like milsim better.
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 5:58 pm

does the paint from the paintballs washoff from your clothes very easy, because that would kind of ruin any camo
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:00 pm

yeah, I don't play paintball. I was talking about airsoft all the way.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:18 pm

to Ragnorok: yes paintball paint will was out of you BDU's if you run them on a cold wash.

how is your backyard coming along... i Demand pics tongue

sticks
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:26 pm

haha, hopefully i can get some on. i have been nagging my parents to let me dig a foxhole, and they havent "come up with a decision yet" more like havent come up with an excuse. i have to get some PVC and then it will be in good shape! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:52 pm

So today I have done lots of work on my course. I will post a lot of pics when I get done (mabye in a couple of weeks). Does anybody have any ideas that I could try... mabye some unique fox whole type thingy? I like to use natural covers. For instance I take dead logs and build structure (w/out the use of nails) that people can hid behind preferably without scrunching up in a little ball.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 pm

this might sound stupid but it works(ive seen it in real life)

just try the linken log idea. if you have ever seen linken Log's youll know what im talking about

if you could dig a small trench system (about half the size of a man) then line the trench system with a wall of logs that would be cool. maybe a couple of wooden pill boxes, or if you have the funds you could make a "springfield" style village

sticks
Back to top Go down
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 pm

maybe like this

Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Side-merc-bunker
Back to top Go down
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 pm

or this but it would be hard to do this Very Happy Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Pinks_hill_pill_box
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:09 pm

I will post some pictures of my fox holes when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 pm

WF: that was a concrete structure.

cool pic though

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:14 am

Okay, there is an idea thanks guys. I have stacked logs up in a very effective way... A couple of structures are 5 ft tall.
I like your idea of digging a small trench. Too deep would easily fill with water where my course is. If I dig a small trech I could line it with logs to make it function as though it were much deeper. Cool idea. I have a rather large natural "trech" there, mabye I will work on beefing this up a little bit. If you guys get any new ideas let me know.
Sorry sticks.13, what did you mean by a springfield style village. I am going to search for some pics now.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:21 am

i meant the villages at springfield (plywood villages) would be cool. if your still not sure then ask one of your fellow teammates that attended OP:BF4. they look easy to build and they are deff worth the time and money

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:09 pm

I did have tarps up like this. I had 4 building like structures in the middle of my course. Seeing how people just ran out of them nearly right after running in them I beleive I will take them down and make some different things with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Cover   Airsoft Cover - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Cover
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2