Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Ghillie suit making question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xXxRaiders52xXx
Private
Private
xXxRaiders52xXx

Ghillie suit making question. Empty
PostSubject: Ghillie suit making question.   Ghillie suit making question. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 am

Yeah this would fall under the gear discussion thang but I thought that more people just looked under the general airsoft discussion so here it is......Well I read a post on here about a homemade ghillie suit and it sed to buy mop thangs like the bottoms of mops, then spray paint them then tie them to watever you are using like a tact vest or something mesh, well I don't have any tact vests or anythang yet because wellI gues you could call me a beginner I'v had like 2 little skirmashes but could I use like my old camo coveralls that I used to hunt in then maybe buy some type of net, put it over the coveralls and get someone to like so some parts together that way it don't come off then go buy the mop thangs and spray paint them different colors and just tie them to it?

My friend bought a ghillie suit off of airsplat for about $90 and I don't much like it. Its big,bulky, and pretty much catches everythang in the woods lol so I thought about doing this, just something cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gray_462
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie suit making question.   Ghillie suit making question. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:19 am

Regarless of how many people look where, it still should be in the proper spot.

Nobody on this forum will tell you an idea that YOU came up with, some kind of innovation, is a bad idea, unless it has been properly tested. What you're suggesting, though a little hard to understand, sounds like a decent idea, maybe with some re-touching here and there. But you'll never know untill you try it, so go ahead cheers

Oh, and his ghille suit cathes on stuff, of course. Many will, because Snipers are not meant to move much at great speeds. They are often stationary for very long periods of time, and do not move quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie suit making question.   Ghillie suit making question. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Double taps said it right and please don't say thang its like nails on a black board. Thats not a bad idea but as an alterative heres what I did. Buy a white hockey goalie jersey very large. Buy fabric spray paint and spray it a dark green throw some brown splotches on if you want. Buy 6 54x12 camo bulap tree stand covers (avalable at the wal mart hunting section) and cut it into uneven strips then use floral wire to attachg pieces of burlap to the ghillie 6 will do you the jacket part put every piece on then buy 4 more 54x12 and some cheap sweat pants. Black dark blue or green will work. use the floral wire to attach burlap to the pants your done. If you want more info and possibly pics (if I can upload them) PM me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie suit making question.   Ghillie suit making question. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Interesting ideas. As long whatever you make has colors of your local vegetation and it doesn't look too man made it should work fine. The purpose of a ghillie obviously isn't just to provide camouflage coloring, as regular BDUs do that, it's main goal is to break up your human outline. That's why those wearing ghillie's are so darn hard to find, there's really nothing "human-looking" about them. I purchased a ghillie a while back and loved it. It did exactly as I had hoped, except it was too thick and too heavy. If you're worried about the same problems, as well as a ghillie that catches on every piece of vegetation you pass through, there are lighter, synthetic (plastic-like) ghillies that are much more breathable and don't catch as much on vegetation (and also easier to clean and maintain). They might not be as effective as a standard ghillie, but that doesn't matter much when it's 300 degrees inside your burlap ghillie as you're tangled up in a thornbush.

I think I got off topic. Anyway - yeah, the mop idea - sounds worth a try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
xXxRaiders52xXx
Private
Private
xXxRaiders52xXx

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie suit making question.   Ghillie suit making question. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:52 pm

yeah thanks alot that helped especillay from satan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gray_462
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie suit making question.   Ghillie suit making question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghillie suit making question.
Page 1 of 1