Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Vests?

Go down 
+2
Sniper004
GR1NDH0USE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GR1NDH0USE
Private
Private
GR1NDH0USE

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:38 am

What vest do you guys recommended for a sniper? I looked around but I don't know what vest will have pouches big enough for the l96 type mags. I don't think ill be needing a ghile suit. I kinda want to be a combat type sniper in a group or 4 or so. So I just need something light and has pretty easy access to reload on the run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jakeelectro
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 am

Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:21 pm

i currently am a sniper but am switching to riffle man.... i don't ware a vest when i snipe.. i just put everything in a BDU... but for long games i would use a tactical backpack to carry stuff.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Is you plan on crawling alot, a vest is probably not what you are looking for. I use a belt system, with 9mm mag pouches. Whats really nice about it is I can just have mag pouches/a pouch for my maps on the belt, everything else goes in my back pack. I can't help you with the L96 mag pouches. If you are absolutely desperate, grab some pistol pouches(in 9mm or 45 sizes). It may be more expensive now, but in the long run you will be happy you went with it, mainly for durability.

I made mine, but here's something nicer/similar: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_70&products_id=1085

From personal experience, I wouldn't go with that vest. Unless its for an M series gun and you need to carry 3+ pistol mags. Modularity is where its at! Grab something MOLLE(has the straps for different pouches), that way you can switch roles easily from game to game.

sticks
Back to top Go down
GR1NDH0USE
Private
Private
GR1NDH0USE

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks for all your guys help. Ill look into those vests and belts. What pouches do you guys recommend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jakeelectro
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Condor/OE Tech Plate carriers aren't bad for starters, MATRIX TACTICAL are i guess alright that was my first vest but the zipper broke and yeah thats a pisser
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:47 pm

OE Tech make decent pouches and they don't cost to much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
sticks.13

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Honestly I would only buy Condor or Pantac gear. Most OE tech gear is only 500D cordura, whereas both Pantac and Condor gear is 1000D. Meaning they are twice as durable as most OE tech. I use a mix of Pantac and Condor gear myself and I can firmly say that Pantac is the better of the two. Pantac is an exact clone of EI gear, meaning they even reinforce and stitch like EI. Condor is a clone, but it is not an exact clone. Condors gear is never reinforced or includes extra stitching like Pantac's products are, however they still hold up very well on the airsoft field. I have had my Condor vest and pouches for 3 years now. I even had to cut up my vest to make my chest rig and it required a combo of my butterfly knife and fabric scissors to take it apart. Tactical Taylor is always a very good option if you want cheap but extremely durable gear.

For those who do not know, Eagle Industries(EI) makes most of the real gear worn by today's soldiers, sailers, marines and airmen. They are pretty much considered to be the gold standard of military gear.

sticks
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I agree with sticks. Condor and Pantac make very durable gear but it costs a little more depending on where you get it. Im also going to vouch for Eagle Industries. I have a chest rig made by them and it holds up very nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Sponsored content

Vests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vests?   Vests? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vests?
Page 1 of 1