Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

3 man sniper team

Go down 
+4
mgunner564
STAT
AFU
unitsniper02
8 posters
AuthorMessage
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 am

Yea Yea I know that most of you go lone wolf or use a spotter and so did I. But one day my team decided to make a 3 man sniper team and it worked out great. There is the sniper, the spotter(more of protection), and the guy in the back with binonucalars and radio and his gun strapped on his back. One guy can pull out and drawn in the enemy while the spotter and the sniper wait in hiding, yet the spotter is waiting to help out the extra man if needed.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 am

Poor execution in my opinion. The spotter is as much a sniper as the sniper, actually it is my opinion that the spotter needs to be a BETTER sniper than the main sniper.

But you might as well just keep the sniper with the main rifleman, let him pick people off from the back of the group. It would at least offer more protection, and would in my opinion amount to the same thing.

Snipers usually operate in pairs, but are still in much larger groups, often times of 10 or more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
STAT
Corporal
Corporal
STAT

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:28 pm

rgr that sounds like a charlie foxtrot, 2 man teams is all you need if you had 2 three man teams just gives you 2 teams out there but if you had 2 man teams ..... 3 sniper teams know what im saying????
Back to top Go down
http://www.smtactical.com http://www.tango-5.com
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm

well it depends on if you are doing offensive sniping or defensive sniping. the 3 man you i figue only be good for defensive because they might rish your position
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:02 pm

... So you actually have one spotter(with the bino's), one sniper, and a normal rifleman?

That doesn't sound very effective at all. If you are getting noticed enough that you need to add another player for protection, then maybe you need to think about you tactics as a sniper more.

Besides if you have an extra rifleman in a sniper team, that means you wont have a rifleman in you main squad. Which means they are probably going to be under manned. If they aren't undermanned then you probably need another squad...

sticks
Back to top Go down
sniper tact
Private
Private
sniper tact

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:45 pm

no...
Back to top Go down
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:06 pm

ok ok....I'll get rid of that idea
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 pm

It doesn't sound like a horrible idea to me, if you execute it properly. If done incorrectly though, it could turn out really badly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
AFU
AFU

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 4:23 pm

I say form a 6 man sniper team, each team broken into 3 sub-teams of sniper/spotter pairs.

And I suggest you don't actually think of them as sniper and spotter, but as sniper and sniper.

A spotter has to be an even better sniper than the sniper. It is his job to know about wind speed, range estimation, etc. (It is also the snipers job, but the spotter is about to deal with that while the sniper gets his sights ready).

You should not think of a sniper team as one man for deadly accurate fire and another for a constant massive barrage. It is two men for deadly accurate fire, and one man in the extreme emergency situations where the team has been overrun or discovered.

Code Names: This is off topic a little but meh.

If you use throat mics it would be a good idea for each sniper to have a simply code name, so that you can communicate without mistakes and without saying a lot.

Team 1
S1= Sniper
S2=Spotter

Team 2
S3=Sniper
S4=Spotter

Team 3
S5=sniper
S6=Spotter

This way if anyone has to talk to a sniper, they can do so without long windy conspiracy talk

Ex. Delta tango charlie to Bravo Alpha Delta (Obviously you wont have so many people that you have to go to 3 code names, but for examples sake).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:50 pm

thanks AFU....I'll set something up like that, that's the constructive critisim I wanted to hear

Thx
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:18 pm

I think this sounds more like a small ambush team. With the tactics you described it sounds like you just ambush small squads all through the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 man sniper team Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 man sniper team   3 man sniper team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 man sniper team
Page 1 of 1