Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Throat Mics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:09 pm

What is your opinion on throat mics? Do you like them? Better or worse then boom mics? Have you had any trouble with the mumbling affect so many people talk about?

I have recently purchased one and I am not to sold on it as of yet. It might just be a user error (I hope so I LOVE the idea), but the more I look into some conversations about them online the more I am leaning towards boom mics. A lot of ppl talk about not being able to understand what people using throat mics are saying. I understand that what I read on the internet is not necessarily true, and I also understand that I am ignorant or perhaps that my throat mic is a inferior to an ideal one.
Please post informed replies whether from your own experience or from somebody you have had direct contact with.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:15 pm

throat mics are OK but the $50 versions wont cut it. if you are planning on getting a throat mic then get one from a retailer that sells to the military or a PMC company, if you dont spend the money to get one of these then you will have the symptoms described above. the symptoms might take awhile to show up but eventually they will be there. i find boom mics to be more effective because they are alot clearer than throat mics. unfortunately ive gathered this info from online sources as well, however i did try a throat mic at OP:Red Dawn, and as experted it didnt perform as well as a boom mic would have.

hope that helps

sticks
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:29 pm

maybe this is a dumb question, but what are boom mics?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:35 pm

boom mics are the ones that connect to your ear and have a mic that is on a peace of plastic in front of your mouth. i know this is hard to visualize so its pretty much what pilots where when they fly but smaller.

hope i was descriptive enough

sticks
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:48 pm

oh, i know what those are. i definitely think those are better. one of my friends has a set that works erally well
Back to top Go down
GeneralMDBK
Private
Private
GeneralMDBK

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 pm

i don't like dealing with the throat mics. I prefer the boom mics instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Throat Mics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Mics   Throat Mics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Throat Mics
Page 1 of 1