Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spayd
Private
Private

Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Empty
PostSubject: Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston   Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:54 am

im trying to look for a new cylinder set for my l96 and i found a pdi cylinder set with a hard piston and a vacuum piston. the vacuum piston seems rather interesting, but all i know about it is that it kills 5-8 fps for more accuracy and range, but the hard piston is more durable. i wanna ask if anybody has the vacuum piston if u could give me any reviews about it or how ur experiences with it were. i can't decide if it's worth the extra money so i was hoping u guys could help me. i couldn't really find any good info on google or anything else. thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston   Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:29 am

Since I donīt work with Spring Guns much, I had to ask around for Information about this tuning Part, here is a composite of the information that I received, ( from Players that i trust ).

There are benefits and disadvantages to both set ups,

The Vacuum Piston has a smaller tolerance for differences in FPS, making the gun more accurate up to the 450 to 500 FPS Level, if you start to get above this level it becomes increasingly harder to set up the Hop-Up, and for the gun to maintain its `` Zero īī.

Using the Hard Piston will increase your FPS, allowing the gun to Hit harder, but the tolerances for FPS are greater, some Players reported a difference of up to 8%. I know that 8% doesnīt sound like much, but when making a Long range shot, it could mean the difference of the BB getting there, or falling short Embarassed .

One of the Tips to improve the performance of the Hard Piston was to greatly increase the weight of the BB, i.e. going from a .23g bb to a .30g bb. or higher.

None of my sources shot the parts down, but all warned that after installation, it can become quite nerving finding the correct settings to get the gun to perform at itīs best.

Hope this Helps.
Back to top Go down
Spayd
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston   Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks for the info man, so if i have a UTG mk96 that has an fps of 470-490 and use .30 KSC bb which would be the better piston for me for accuracy, im guessing the vacuum? and if i use a 6.00mm inner bull barrel, would i still need a vacuum piston for more accuracy or would a hard piston be better for me in this case do u think? im basically trying to make the longest effective range i can get at 500 fps.
Back to top Go down
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

PostSubject: Re: Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston   Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:26 pm

I wouldnt use 6.00 if they make exactly 6.00, mainly because any particle or something will cause it to jam, so probably get alittle bigger like a 6.03 or something
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston   Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:22 am

well if your newer to sniping..or airsoft for that matter 6.03 would be good but if your a vet sniper i would go with the 6.01
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston   Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pdi vacuum piston vs hard piston
Page 1 of 1