Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Is it worth it?

Go down 
+8
JARHEAD
airsoft22595
slob212
sambam2011
TheOneNamedMike
djstasevich
Satan
ajrook
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ajrook
Private
Private
ajrook

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Is a full metal gun worth the extra money it costs?
How much should you pay for a decent AEG?
What bb's should you use in a sniper rifle?
PLEASE HELP ME
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Whoa whoa whoa bud slow down.

Yes full metal guns normaly survive better you drop a plastic gun and it smashes into bits.

Well define decent Echo 1s are from 200 to 300 same for JGs and other nicer companys

.25 grams are just the bare minimum of the weight you should use. .28 are common among snipers

I can help you more if you know what your looking for. Pick a style of gun that you want also knowing your budget would be nice.
Back to top Go down
ajrook
Private
Private
ajrook

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Alright well, i don't want to spend much more then 200 on an AEG if i don't have to but its no big deal if the only way ill get a good gun is by spending a couple hundred bucks
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:45 pm

I would guess for an inexperienced player, that a 120 to 150 dollar jg would do just fine. I know that the jg g36c is about 130 and it is a wonderfull gun. Along with there ak and m4 series rifles.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
ajrook
Private
Private
ajrook

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:47 pm

alright thanks
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I 2nd that go for it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 am

Yes a full metal gun is worth it, it'll survive longer

A decent A.E.G. about 150-200

.25 BBs for a sniper
Back to top Go down
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:05 am

And .20s will be just fine for most AEGs
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:17 pm

A good gun does not have to be full metal !!
There are guns on the market that have almost no metal on the bodies, and they are excellent performers, that won´t break the bank, and you will still be able to keep up with the players with the full metal AEG´s, example Famas.

It comes down to what kind of gun you are after, and what style.
Narrow that down then you can start looking for AS guns that fit the size of your wallet.
Back to top Go down
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm

I have to agree with slob...I have the JG G36c and the whole outside is good abs and it can take a beating..I also believe there is a thin layer of meteal between the outer plastic and the inside of the gun..I had it inside a boat and it was cold of course it was during winter..i pick it up in the morning and it was really cold to touch. Also the land lord who owns the boat docks accidently left it out and it gets damp out and it actually still worked after it got wet...Another story is that i took it out when me and my dad went fishing(he lives on minor slough) We went out to prospect slough and it was really windy and the water was rough.I had my gun below where we store and anchor and other things and the gun didnt even have a dent after going thru all these rough waves..Where we went during a lot of wind kicking up the waves are like an ocean wake..it gets crazy..
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Um, if you can't get full metal gun atleast try to get a full metal gearbox aeg with a hard ABS plastic body. Try the JG M4A1 Carbine. http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_Full_Metal_Gearbox_M4A1_Carbine_AEG_V3_p/jg-f6604.htm thats it, um yeah, its pre upgraded here so you'd be set for a decent bit of time until you get really serious. Good luck

JARHEAD
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Ok first take a break and settle down . Now I will begin with the questioning and answering yes . Ok Full Metal Guns do normally have a longer service on the airsofting fields that other plastic and fiberglass guns but they are not neccessarily the best . For one Echo 1 guns are most of the time cheaper that other guns because they do not have a metal body but a fiberglass one . I actually preffer Echo 1 fiberglass guns to most Classic Army and Tokyo Mauri Metal Guns .

Ok and now time for the second one decent and good are two completely different things there buddy . Ok for a decent one I would say about eighty to one hundred but you don't want a decent gun . So just trust me you just don't . Now a good AEG will run you about 180 - 250 and now thats about the right price for a good Echo 1 Stag M4 gun or a A&K SR-25 both of which are guns that I highly highly reccomend them both . The A&K has a metal body but the Echo 1 doesnt again it has to do with the price most of the time or sometimes it is just the weight .

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3436

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=154_156&products_id=2366

Now for the bb wieght question . It just depends on the wind conditions and the air humidity and along with a whole lot else just like a real sniper rifle with its bullets except for well you know the obvious it is an airsoft gun . The over all good bbs to use no matter what the wind conditions or air humidity are .25s gram bbs and of course .28s gram bbs . Some snipers use more some snipers use less . It really just depends I use both for different temperatures wind conditionss and air humiditys . Really it just depends on the sniper his airsoft gun and his own personall opinions . So really only you can answer that question .

Ok well now for wait thats it . Woohoo we are done . Ok well ah a little advice for you nest time buddy please and I do mean please make a new thread for each of your questions next time . Because wow that one took some time to answer not that I didnt enjoy it because I did but never mind that . Hope that I helped there buddy . See you around .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Bama i'm going to have to disagree with you partially because the JG G36c is beyond decent. It is good but not perfect. For $125 it is way cheaper than any of the guns you recommended.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Ah a challenger oh goody . Lol . Well actually you are right from what I hear the JG G36c is a really really good airsoft gun . But also from what I hear it has been out proformed over and over again by both the Echo 1 G36c and the KWA G36c but thats just from what I hear . You see as put by www.airsoftgi.com the KWA is full metal 380fps and has top ratings on the internals giving it a ten out of ten but its price is a whopping 300 bucks which knock it out of the running for my reccommendations . As for the Echo 1 36c it also has top ratings on the internals and but now the outside body is fully fiberglass with some metal like the trigger guard and the handels I think although I am not to sure about that part and it scores and nine out of ten a nine out of ten which is still pretty good and for only one hundred and fifty dollars it is a great great airsoft gun and meets my reccomendations . The JG G 36c only fires 330 fps and while I am not sure what kind of outer body it has it is a lower end gun than an Echo 1 . I can't refer to www.airsoftgi.com for this one because it is not listed on their comparison box so I don't know why it is there lol . Well anyway I just always preffer Echo 1 over JG anyway so I guess my answer will always lean toward Echo 1 and it will take a whole lot to change my mind for a while anyway . Well any way This is getting way to long hope that I made my point . Thank you
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Again I see some things I don't agree with. The body is the exact same because Echo 1 does work on the internals. The jg shoots 380 fps not 330. The Echo 1 will have a weaker spring, a warranty, and more long- term durability as far as the gearbox part. The weaker spring means it will last longer though.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Again you have me . Echo 1 and Jg are made by the same manufacturer so yes most of their features will be about the same . So now I guess that it just depends on the opinion of the buyer . Well played buddy you out argued me . Well at least for now .
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Thank you! I personally own a JG G36C and it being my baby I have to defend it. LOL
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Ok your right read here well not here but down below you see Echo 1 and JG are not exactly the same as you will read on the link just as soon as I post it on here . You see most people think that JG is a Tokyo Mauri Clone that takes most of all Tokyo Mauri which there is some truth to that and all that Echo 1 does is put the warrenty on the gun and the JG logo wich isn't true at all there is some difference even though they both have a metal gear box . While the above about putting the logo and warrenty on the airsoft gun isn't true for all JG and Echo 1 airsoft guns it is true for the JG G36c if you get the Version 3 which is the best of the JG g36c line . Huh we where debating over just a bout the exact same airsoft gun huh go figure .

Oh yeah and now heres is the link right here now enjoy it and remeber the tool bar for Google is pretty cool whenever it comes to stuff like this ,

http://www.c3airsoft.com/showthread.php/truth-echo-1-12387.html?s=48cb8ccc107ed2daa24e81f4eeda5598&s=e3aea2af3812b2c8e85870906188f097&t=12387
Back to top Go down
stanton0111
Private
Private
stanton0111

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:49 pm

got alot of white supremisists confederate and nazi
Back to top Go down
anakin1293
Private
Private

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:36 pm

JARHEAD wrote:
Um, if you can't get full metal gun atleast try to get a full metal gearbox aeg with a hard ABS plastic body. Try the JG M4A1 Carbine. http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_Full_Metal_Gearbox_M4A1_Carbine_AEG_V3_p/jg-f6604.htm thats it, um yeah, its pre upgraded here so you'd be set for a decent bit of time until you get really serious. Good luck

JARHEAD

My feild has a 400 fps limit so is this the same thing just not upgraded or am i looking at a different gun?
http://www.trinityairsoft.com/p-722-jg-m4-a1-aeg-airsoft-gun.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it worth it?   Is it worth it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it?
Page 1 of 1