Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers

Go down 
+21
bboy.snow
SFSoldierBennett
Day
Satan
HoboBob
lonesniper24
Bronnoc8
HWgeneral
souljahnyne
djstasevich
inferno350z
Murder
TobyCross
sticks.13
mgunner564
MetallicAirsoft
white wolf
bdon21
SnOWWoLF
panic324
Bravo78
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bravo78
Corporal
Corporal
Bravo78

Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Empty
PostSubject: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:46 am

Do you like bolt-action snipers better or fully auto (airsoft wide, the M14 is the only AEG that i know of) But yeah real-steel or airsoft ?
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 am

AEG's as sniper rifles can start to bug you because of how loud they really are. Bolt action rifles cut down on A LOT of the noise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
SnOWWoLF
Private
Private
SnOWWoLF

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm

yes, but an AEG is good to use as s sniper when you first start snipin' cause certain ones have good sniper capabilities but they are still an AEG
Back to top Go down
SnOWWoLF
Private
Private
SnOWWoLF

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 6:24 pm

SnOWWoLF wrote:
yes, but an AEG is good to use as s sniper when you first start snipin' cause certain ones have good sniper capabilities but they are still an AEG

so AEG to start out with and then switch to bolt-action
Back to top Go down
bdon21
Private
Private
bdon21

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:28 pm

aeg "snipers" are more designated marksman rifles. but for a sniper id reccomend a gas bolt action very silent and get the job done.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 pm

BOLT ACTION, my m324s was so quiet I added a piece of PVC Just to make it louder, mainly to scare my new players(just a little)
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:23 pm

i'd say aeg for more diversity on what you can do with it and jg dragonauv
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:13 am

the jg draggy is the worst gun from JG (so i hear)

bolt acting FTW! i tried to sniper one game with an SPR MOD0 from A&K and it sucked

and both action guns are alot more simple so they are easier to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:32 am

I think the aeg also needs more work than my utg m324s I had a mp5 and the gears were messed up within 2 games
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:46 pm

well a quality gun won't break that easily
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:00 pm

If you tube either they can be deadly rifles....

In a large MilSim role where I would be asked to observe more than shoot a Bolt Action would be my choice, as when I do need too shoot then I am not going too give away my position.

In a MilSim role where I may need too fill the role of fire support and scout, instead of stationary observer, than I would choose an AEG every day. Just because that follow up shot is sooo important in airsoft. I want too be sure that I can get people out when I want them too be out!

sticks
Back to top Go down
TobyCross
Private
Private
TobyCross

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 pm

I use an AEG simply because I can't find anyone to be my spotter. my team is very much about moving quickly so my SR-25 better suits me
Back to top Go down
bdon21
Private
Private
bdon21

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:37 am

id rather use my aeg for a dmr weapon rather than a sniper weapon but for a sniper rifle id choose a bolt action.
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:50 pm

i have a gas rifle, i love it but i don't know if i would recommend it over a nice spring rifle. I mean i do recommend it over the m324, no offense to anyone that has it, but i haven't had that great of performance with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:19 pm

as a sniper your gun might be slightly more acurate and have a tad more range. but the most effective part of being a sniper is stealth. AEG sniper rifles take your only advantage away from you, therfore bolt action is the only way to go if you actually want to be an efficient sniper.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Come on you guys. With a proper aeg sniper, you wont give away you position that bad. I mean, when you take a shoot from 150 plus feet, it is hard to hear where the shot came from due to echo.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
souljahnyne
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

electric is easier to fine parts and upgrades for where i live. im residing in the Philippines and pretty much JG = yes. haha. bold actions are pretty much discouraged by sellers and no1 that i know really sells them due to the difficulty of getting the parts...

PLUS...electrics can go all the way to 700fps. thats the max my AEG goes if i upgrade
Back to top Go down
HWgeneral
Corporal
Corporal
HWgeneral

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Bolt action usually has better stock performance and is a LOT easier to upgrade than a gearbox. It is also a lot quieter. Electric however, once upgraded, can easily compete mainly due to its semi-auto (if you are shooting an upgraded DMR on full auto it will usually wear down very quickly). I have heard of people upgrading m14s, SVDs, and SPRs to upper 500s for fps. That amount of upgrading however would require extensive knowledge of gearboxes and a lot of money. Over all I would say I am a bolt action fan.
Back to top Go down
souljahnyne
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

as am i...i've got a group of friends running a shop here (i befriended them when i bought my first gun, m16a4). 1 is the store owner, a team mate is the gun smith, and a whole bunch of the team is just chillin there for kicks at times. gunsmith told me (hes a sniper like me) and the oner told me that he has "Watch your language" getting parts because its too "Watch your language" hard to get in the philippines. plus every1 here uses gas or electric. i let my friend upgrade my gun so that takes care of the upgrades xp. my dream guns are spring tho, because its silent mainly, and because i love the challenge of 1 shot 1 reload haha.
Back to top Go down
Bronnoc8
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:41 pm

I have a bolt action MB03 and I absolutely tear up my freinds I tried sniping with a high end aeg and it sucked if your serious about being a sniper buy bolt action
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Bolt Action for life.

Pros
No Batteries so (no charging) it's okay for a couple hour match but if your playing for a few days you want as less weight as possible.
Most people don't know how to quiet down there AEG's or don't want to give they money
Your really not going to shoot more then one round at a time (and if you do then you better have a good escape rout)
Less moving parts to break
Lighter (normally)
No Wires to deal With
can get up to 600fps
and Most of all AEGs ARE NOT SNIPER RIFLES THEY ARE DMRs

Con

Kinda hard to find parts
not many good companies make good bolt rifles
Gets expensive

but the pros weigh out the cons Smile so deal with the fact the Bolt will always be better (JK it's all personal opinion)
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:41 am

Ive tried both. I have had two SR-25s, an A&K and a G&G and ive also had two bolt action sniper rifles, a UTG L96 and a Classic Army M24. Now I loved the CA and G&G the most so ill compare them but they both had pros and cons. The CA was pretty heavy and you had to pull the bolt back for every shot obviously. This was a severe handicap on the field where as with my G&G SR-25 it was semi-auto so I could pull the trigger once or twice for a follow up shot. This is nice in case somebody takes a BB or two to cal their hit. The CA however was a lot quieter and like was said a lot easier to upgrade then a gearbox. The only way youll know for sure is if you try both and see which one you like more. For my its semi-auto =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Well when you dive into the aeg or bolt action sniper rifle it upon your preference however more importantly your actually role.

Scouting
I like how sticks put it, your not really shooting and when you do you better not miss and you better not be discovered. That and you don't need an 120 rd mid cap, a 25 round mag is more than enough

Objective
Your off to kill the team CO, team gunner, dm what ever it may be you and a spotter our off to kill someone and sneak away. For this you definitly want a bolt action for this because you have more range stealth and speed then you would normally and should an issue arrive you have a spotter

Defense
You by yourself are to block and ally of the field anyone that comes you way take them out even if you miss make sure they know "walk any further and you will be sniped." This is the only time in my opinon when the sniper and aeg mix. You need for ammunition for the enemys youll encounter and you want the noise and your presence known.

My two cents but even in a defense position ask some guys of WARPIGS theyll be walking and suddenly the guy next to them get hit in the back silently and they go running lol.
Back to top Go down
Day
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:02 am

First off, if you can get a AEG to shoot 700, it wont last long, my MKII shoots 746 by the way, lol, but, if i had to chose between AEG sniper or bolt, defiently bolt, more skill involved with them, also, there is no such thing as a full auto sniper, this is a destinct differnce in sniper and DMR weapons, even DMR weapons need to be semi at large OPs, my MKII is very finiky during the winter here, but, during summer, lets just say, the boys at home know they got hit Wink i do plan on making one of my two P90s into a sniper, ill fill all of you in in a few months when its done bounce
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:31 pm

^so you going to make a cqb dmr??? or whats your plan for that.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers   Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bolt-Actions or AEG snipers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next