Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Beginner Dirtbike

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Beginner Dirtbike Empty
PostSubject: Beginner Dirtbike   Beginner Dirtbike Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:00 am

I know there are quite a few dirt bikers on here so I figure this would be an appropriate place to ask: what is a good beginner bike for non-aggressive riding, what brands should I focus on, what kind of pricing? Its kinda a vague question, but I kinda have a vague need heheh. Basically, I don't know WHAT im looking for exactly. Any ideas for a guy not looking to drop a couple thousand on a bike?
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

Beginner Dirtbike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Dirtbike   Beginner Dirtbike Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:58 am

hmm so your looking for a trail bike.......well off the bat stay away form KTM they are very expensive to maintain and parts are hard to find. okay...and it would be really helpful if i knew who tall you were.....

didn't know if you knew this but there are 2 kinds f dirt bikes. 2 strokes and 4 strokes. they sound different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOlcdRd6II8&feature=relatedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOlcdRd6II8&feature=related

the deeper sounding one is a 4 stroke...if you ride trails i suggest this.

but you have to read your state laws. they might have a decibel cap on how loud your bike is.

and you wont get a new bike for less than a few grand.......you could get an older (98-01) for about $700. i can help you more when i know how tall your are.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Beginner Dirtbike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Dirtbike   Beginner Dirtbike Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Im 5'10". 142 lbs.

A 4 stroke sounds like what I should be looking into. You mentioned older bikes, that would be a good starting place for me I think. I don't want to be throwing out more than a thousand right now since this is just the beginning.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

Beginner Dirtbike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Dirtbike   Beginner Dirtbike Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:43 pm

try craigs list. youll need a helmate and boots too. at the very least for gear. i thik you need a 250F try honda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beginner Dirtbike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner Dirtbike   Beginner Dirtbike Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginner Dirtbike
Page 1 of 1