Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

D.O.P.E

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michaelsniper
Private
Private

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 11:26 am

I've Heard about this Dope( Not as in drugs.>.<) thing for spotters. But when i google it, i can't really find alot of info about it.
Can anyone of you tell me what it is, HOW IT WORKS?,....?

Thnx!
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:56 pm

It stands for data on previous engagements. What it is is it means that if your scope is zeroed for 100 yards and your spotter says the target is 150 yards than you look at your ballistics table and it will say something like 6mil up, you then adjust your scope. The same could apply to wind or moving targets. It also could refer to looking at your kill book to see if your situation has occurred before and what you did to correct it.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Nail on the head element. Thats why you should keep a log book.
Back to top Go down
michaelsniper
Private
Private

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:36 pm

elementfrvr wrote:
It stands for data on previous engagements. What it is is it means that if your scope is zeroed for 100 yards and your spotter says the target is 150 yards than you look at your ballistics table and it will say something like 6mil up, you then adjust your scope. The same could apply to wind or moving targets. It also could refer to looking at your kill book to see if your situation has occurred before and what you did to correct it.
Thnx ALOT!
So, should i make like a page with everything about my scope & sniper?
Like this:
100yrds=0
200yrds=-3
???
again, thnx for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm

michaelsniper wrote:
elementfrvr wrote:
Thnx ALOT!
So, should i make like a page with everything about my scope & sniper?
Like this:
100yrds=0
200yrds=-3
???
again, thnx for the info Smile

You could, it's not necessary but it can help you and your sniper/spotter see what type of shots you've made. all the distances, who, what teams, you know basic stuff, it kinda helps because if your only used to making like 300yr shots you fall into that patter (or your sniper does) meaning if it's a farther distance (maybe closer) they might make the mistake of not raising up the barrel or something which means it could give away your position. so after a game when practicing you can put targets at the distances not really shot so you/him/ her aren't shooting at only one distance.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:58 pm

What many people will do is instead of a book they make a condensed ballistic chart on an index card and tape it to the stock or even on the flip-up scope covers. These are purely for adjustments and therefore are not as flexible as a log book. I prefer the index card method for during airsoft ops because we play fast paced and don't have time to look at a book. At the range I use a log book though because I have more time.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Dope= Data on Previous Engagement

Any information utilized to take a long range shot that can be applied mathamatically to a future projection (shot).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D.O.P.E Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.P.E   D.O.P.E Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.O.P.E
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Sniper's Nest :: Tactics-
Jump to: