Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

MP7 Project

Go down 
+2
mgunner564
Lone Wolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 pm

So anyone who Ive spoken to recently kind of has a idea of my newest gun...if not just read on. WARNING, TECHNICAL AEG LANGUAGE AHEAD...(but don't be afraid to ask for clarification.) This is just how I brain storm...I have to write it out before I just start doing...OR i run myself into a hole for parts and money...maybe you can help me. Other than that enjoy the painful thinking Twisted Evil

I am starting a project to resell a Well MP7 for more than the hole its put me in ATM. (right now I am out about $95) My plan is to sell it for about $200..250.

This project is going to be a lot harder than anything else because it involves using a gun with a limited parts catalog. So I may need to get creative.

First off...The inherent problem with all Electric SMG's...inaccuracy. The current spreads I am getting with this piece are larger than a man sized concentration at 50 ft. Which is OKAY for a MP7 but I want MORE. The barrel is very short and so is the piston so I am going to have a limited range regardless...but whats wrong with trying to get the tightest spreads possible??? Exactly....For me right now all I can come up with is finding a barrel length at 6.03 Bore that matches the EXACT volume of the air in the cylinder. Which I will probably use water to find that value. If the cylinder is ported. I need to find a un-ported one...or make one by modding (in this case chopping up) another cylinder. And to get a little more air in there, I am going polish the inside of the cylinder. These mods and upgrades should give me more concentrated spreads to the point when the bb just drops...not going off on a tangent like they are now.

Now the other $50 job. I am thinking about making the gun as silent as possible. Right you mainly hear the pop the piston makes on the return cycle more so than the whine of the motor. So I just need to clean up the internals i.e. AoE. Getting the most precise shim job, and adding tappet bearings. I am new to silencing so any help appreciated.

I also need to ask. If I were to rewire the original battery connectors to take mini tamiya instead and hook up a 9.6 v, will I strip teeth?
The original price of the gun is about $105 on Airsplat...only place I could find it. http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-WELL-R4-4.htm
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:16 am

for scilencing

empty space = more noise.....so close up as many spaces as possible
Back to top Go down
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:41 am

also for more accuracy add a mock scilincer
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:21 pm

mock silencers don't add accuracy unless you put an inner barrel under it.
And lone wolf, you might have been talking about this, but cylinders have a cut out, which is a hole in the cylinder. The closer it is to the air nozzle, the less volume you have for your extended inner barrel.

And save yourself the trouble, don't buy from airsplat
http://www.airsoftcarolina.com/index.php?p=product&id=1126&parent=2

Last edited by TheOneNamedMike on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:36 pm

I already have the MP7 so buying it is no longer the problem. @ Mike

It would be pointless to put a ported cylinder in the MP7...but I am not sure what is already there. I want to find a non-ported cylinder that allows for the maximum possible air pressure.

There is very little empty space on the MP7. As for silencing the mechbox. A friend of mine actually put the mechbox in a mold and formed a foam shell that covers it. It is pretty thin, but it does the job nicely. And before you ask...Yes he did cut out groves and holes for the selector plate, wires, and trigger.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:55 pm

TheOneNamedMike wrote:
mock silencers don't add accuracy unless you put an inner barrel under it.
And white wolf, you might have been talking about this, but cylinders have a cut out, which is a hole in the cylinder. The closer it is to the air nozzle, the less volume you have for your extended inner barrel.

And save yourself the trouble, don't buy from airsplat
http://www.airsoftcarolina.com/index.php?p=product&id=1126&parent=2

Um u mean lone wolf?
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Meh my bad. haha
too many wolves on this site haha

Anyhoo, the ported cylinder, you mean a cut out in the outer part of the cylinder right?
Next topic...
What else are you planning to add? You are trying to make it more accurate right?
A heavier spring, a new barrel, and high gram bb's no?
Or is your goal to make it accurate yet CQB FPS with .20s?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 pm

TheOneNamedMike wrote:
Meh my bad. haha
too many wolves on this site haha

Anyhoo, the ported cylinder, you mean a cut out in the outer part of the cylinder right?
Next topic...
What else are you planning to add? You are trying to make it more accurate right?
A heavier spring, a new barrel, and high gram bb's no?
Or is your goal to make it accurate yet CQB FPS with .20s?

NO PORTED CYLINDERz. My reasons as follows
A. Noise Reduction
B. Accuracy. Even dispersion of pressure on shot.
C. More Volume to work with. The hole in the cylinder will remove a large volume of air.

I am not really going to add anything else. Why add a stronger spring to a SMG. I am keeping the stock spring. but I am focusing on precision pneumatics to get the tightest spreads possible. I am not worried so much about the range. I am getting .20 g rounds about 100 ft. out with the MP7.
I am adding a longer TBB. The TBB will be cut to match the exact volume of air my cylinder cycles. I am using a 6.03 Prom. Stainless barrel ( ~ 247 mm length) I would use a Madbull black python but in this case I want something that I know is quality.

What I did not mention is a battery. The Mp7's gearbox uses two spur gears that are geared as a high speed set. Right now the gun is running a 7.2 NIMH and it fires at about 16 rps stock. Right now the battery is wired to contact plates. Not the usual tamiya connectors. So I plan to rewire the gun using 16 AWG + deans and MAYBE a 7.4 LiPo. (I was having a convo with one tech, he said he broke his MP7 using this battery type so its not recommended) If I don't add a LiPo I will just use a regular 9.6 nimh.

And btw...I was the original wolf...too many &*(#ing posers
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Live with the double post... Evil or Very Mad

I am trying to decide whether to buy 6mm bushings or bearings. I am leaning towards bearings, but I heard that 6mm bearings are a pointless upgrade. Regardless I want less friction and a maxed out MP7.
MP7 Project Dsc05312

Also the Mp7 is not very mod friendly I cannot do a AoE to it because the tappet plate is drawn by a extra set of teeth on the sector gear rather than a sector plate. So an AoE is impossible..unless you make your own sector gear.
MP7 Project Dsc05313
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:15 pm

It doesnt look very clean on the inside. Unless thats just the camera or something. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:42 pm

It was just how it reflected from the flash. The piston looks clean and so does everything else. Infact I want to put some new lube on it. but I'll do that when I install the new bushings or bearings.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Ok so it was the camera. JW Also have you reshimed it too. I saw some nicer looking shims/washers things in the picture. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 pm

No, those were stock shims. there really isn't a difference in shims...like unless your picky about stainless or zinc it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:08 pm

ok thanks. Just wondering jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:32 am

A AoE would be possible...nvm my retardation

EDIT:: So around my house today I found this lovely little drawer stopper:
MP7 Project Dsc05316

It has a felt top and is made out of a tough rubber. But as you can see the screw that puts the piston head on the piston is too short.

Second EDIT. Done with AoE! and some LOL pics.

Piston teeth shaving with the EMO 1000!!!
MP7 Project Dsc05317
MP7 Project Dsc05318

I need a new dremel...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:23 pm

AoE done. I had to modify the washer holding the piston head to the piston, But I was able to get what I wanted.

The felt tip works NICELY. but there is still a lot of noise. It muffled it only a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:04 pm

HAHAHAHA EMO 1000!! lol im only up to the EMO 850 Express...... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MP7 Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP7 Project   MP7 Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP7 Project
Page 1 of 1