Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Zombie survival for when it does happen...

Go down 
+16
DrummerBoyz95
K1nG
mgunner564
gapairsoft
sticks.13
aveenvp
sniper_32
Creed769
Lone Wolf
JARHEAD
Omega Lambda
Insane Mercc
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
djstasevich
white wolf
p51dmustang
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

Zombie survival for when it does happen... Empty
PostSubject: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Alright, so we all know the zombie invasion will arive on 12/21/2012, from the infection solamum, so i am preparing the world for the invasion, and near as i figure, the best way to do it is throught the mass media system of the world...

YOUTUBE.COM!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

so i need some ideas to build on my perfect Zombie survival guide. I have already read Max Brooks "The Zombie Survival Guide" but unfortunately, directly copying that causes lawsuits, fines, and a banning of the movie from youtube Crying or Very sad No Crying or Very sad No Crying or Very sad No

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil So please give me some ideas to build upon to make the best zombie survival guide ever!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

P.S. You will be credited if your ideas are used in the video, in the credits of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:55 pm

well, its all on the idea of minimal exposure, so
1 get to small town/mountains ect
2 get weapons of all types, shotguns are a lower priority then long range sniper or hunting rifles,
3 get a secure building(army base is the best) and load it down with supplies food and for the much important, bows arrows and seeds, for long survival is key, so seeds to plant.
4 tactics
I. stay away from all major populated areas at all costs, EXEPT for high rise with supplies(it rhymes)
II. keep as many people as possible(safty in numbers
more later
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:04 pm

WOW, My friends and I already live in a town with a population of 1,500
We have lots of guns of any variety
I bow hunt
My friends own multiple orchards
And many of us already heat our homes with wood.

I would say that I am set.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Major
Major
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 pm

First off I would like to say that the whole 2012 thing is a lie. And I have proof my physics teacher went to M.I.T. and is a freakin genius (who hates me because im dumb) anyway he said theres really no logical reason for the world to end....

Totally off topic I know but its a subject I like to talk about

BUT just in case....

Me and my buddys already got a plan (when its summer time and you got nothing to do stuff stuff gets said and starts conversations) Anyway theres a gun shop in a town 20 minutes away from my house. So what we do is fix up my buddys truck with a 8' plow and some steel plating. When we get up to the gun shop we grab as many guns and ammo as possible. After that we shoot our way over to the prison (where inmates may have been infected but we have guns so its OK!) and then hold up in the prison until help arives.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/STORMAIRSOFT1
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Thats a good plan STORM but what happens when by the time you get the steel on that truck ALL the merchandise in the gun shop will be gone already and yor stuck with killing unifected for more bullets. I would just go to the Aleutian Islands and chil out.
Plus-I heard on the Tube that down south there is actually a group of people who are training and preparing for the zombie apocalypse! Crazy Right! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:41 pm

My plan is to lead a group of survivors to the marina, where we would load up a fleet of sailboats with supplies and fishing gear, and sail south to Hawaii. Provided zombies can't fly or swim, they would die out very quickly on the islands, and there would be plenty of food just growing there for survivors.

This plan requires that several people know how to sail, and at least one person must navigate. Powerboats would never make it to Hawaii without refueling, which would be dangerous. During the day, most marinas are open to anyone able to make it down the ramp, and at night there are always ways (legitimate or otherwise) to get in. Stealing extra boats would be fairly easy. You'd just need bolt cutters for boats that have a padlock on the cabin. But really, they're just tied up to the dock, and during a zombie crisis nobody would be around to report a missing boat to the Harbormaster or call the Coast Guard.

So while everyone else hunkers down in Walmart, waiting for the National Guard to rescue them, I'll be in Hawaii, sipping a cool drink.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:44 pm

I like his idea but IDK if there would be eough food for a journey like that. Im sure the navy would be whatching the coast to contain the infection anyway so...........
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 pm

well first off ,i will go to quinbys and buy about 80000000000 boxes of 20 gauge ammo, and .22 ammo and 32 ammo, because they're the guns my grandfather has, then i will go with my friend t othe local supermarket and take cahin and rope, and stack all of the carts in the door way and entrances and chain them together to the wall, thats the blockade, then take everything in the stoor and make a living area
but while in this store which is connected to others we will do the same to them and nock down all the walls in between and then we will have a food store, drug store, chinese store, dry cleaners, wine and spirits=liquor, haircut place and an italian resteraunt. Were set, on top of that we will have many others with guns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Living in a suburb is going to be hard for me if I still live where I am now when it does happen. In fact I want to move out to the east side of Colorado. Plenty of land to hunt, small towns, small population, the terrain would make it impossible for slow zombies to get around.

My armory will include anything except SMG's (with the exclusion of the P90 and the G18C if you consider it as such). In every room of my place of living there will be a gun that is easily accesible...no matter where you are in the house a gun is lying no more than 5 feet from your position.

Clothing and armour contamination will be resolved by the one and only way. Cremation. When you cremate your used contaminated items. ALWAYS wear a anti-viral respirator.

Now that we have some details clear let me begin my short guide.

In this situation people tend to forget about their essential needs (food, water, and security) If your like most people you will be focused on running to an area of safety. Your best bet is to go the opposite direction from the crowds and large urban areas. Avoid any crowd. Even one the size of no more than 20 people can turn into a fatal situation when there is widespread panic. And it only takes one zombie to pass the gift that keeps on giving. Laughing However it is not discouraged to team up with other survivalists like yourself to escape the panic and infection. Start by listening to the radiowaves...people communicating and organizing is not panic.

Now since we have that established. We move on to transportation. Depending on the mutations and evolution of the virus, chances are your zombies are going to be slow, cumbersome, and not very well coordinated with their motor skills. But they as with any other creature in recorded history will adapt to survive. If we share the unfortunate trouble of encountering Darwin's theories we should prepare for fast, swift, animal like zombies. Viral evolution does not take millenia, it does not take years, it does not even take weeks. A new strain the virus could appear dominate in as short as a few days. If your clear of urban populaces and the migration of large crowds within 2 days after Z-Day you should have boughten time to prepare defenses.

Your first step in defense is your weaponry. Martial arts help, but should only be a last resort...sorry Max Brooks. (comming into direct contact with a zombie should be avoided at all cost). You should take in your surroundings, and notice objects that could be or are weapons. For example a dead soldier has a gun...take the gun. Using simple blunt objects can be used to effectively beat down (BYAH) a zombie. Knives, swords or other weapons with this nature should be used with caution. Striking a zombie with a sword for example will spill infected blood, especially if you pierce a main artery . You risk contamination, and endanger yourself to infection. Guns are great for defense, however a knowledge of cleaning, working, and maintaining firearms is required if you plan to live off Gun-fu. You may also want to take time and read guides about the basic principles of guns if you do not already know them. And if you plan to upkeep a reserve of ammunition, learning how to reload brass will help you. Finding a gun...good luck. Most if not all gun stores will be stripped, looted, or infested with zombies in the very first few hours of Z-Day. IF you are fortunate to own your own weapon...guard yourself at all times from the panicking crowds.

Secondly is your place of living, home. If Z-Day were to occur large state parks and reserves will be abandoned or forgotten. These offer you with two things. Game and Shelter.When the only thing that could connect you to the outside world is a disappearing dirt raod...life is good. Knowing how to hunt is crucial if you plan to life this solitary life. Setting a house will also be a main concern. You don't want to be living out of a survival shelter made of branches and leaves for the next several years. Constructing a house will bring security and shelter. This is not as easy as it sounds and I am not going to go into the steps you need to build your pad. Finding a place is your best option.

- more to come tommorow
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 pm

HAHAHAHA JARHEAD your in the East..your screwed no matter what you do....
@Lone Wolf- If you were I were to choose between a sword/ax weapon or a long blunt object I would choose the blunt one mainly because if you are swinging or stabbing with a sword/ax you could get it stuck in the Zomb or get an artery and get sprayed. Also don't count out Natural barriers. If it starts on either coast theres the mississippi river and major canyons, mountains, and plateaus. for example if the infection started in the East coast all I would have to do is cross the bridge that goes over a major river that is connected to the Red River(Major tributary to the Missisip) with as many people as possible then blow the bridge. Then continue on to the Badlands or the remote areas of the black hills. or even to the Rockies. HEHE

Last edited by Insane Mercc on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:54 pm

I would head to guantanamo bay, ask for sanctuary, bring along 2000 different seeds to preserve ecological diferention, and prepare for the zombies that will emerge from the water, and lagph when they hit the tripmines installed all over the island

OR...

I would move about 100 miles from Anchorage alaska, with such quick growing plants as tomatoes, carrots, and zuchini. I would take aproximately 20 people, with me, about 40 firearms (10 of each weapon (in case some break down from constant zombie killing) like shotguns (Spas 12), bolt action rifle (scoped bolt action .22 LR), assult rifle (AK47's all the way), and regular pistols (Colt .45's)) and hand to hand weapons (crowbars (The weapon of heros), aluminum baseball bats, rambo survival knives, and katanas( perfect decapitation weapon)) Oh and about 100 propane tanks and gasoline cans and beer bottles (Moltovs and propane bombs + zombies= the best explosions and flaming walking dead in the world!!!!!).

I know im gonna here it for this so im gonna explain myself, i chose the .22 LR, beceause .22 ammunition is light, and you could carry five .22 rounds compared to 1 shotgun shell, plus the fact that a .22 can shoot as accurate as most rifled rounds. Besides zombie overkill is not neccesary beceause all you have to do is destroy the brain. or decapitate them

Sorry, my spontanius rant.

Last edited by p51dmustang on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Plus don't live in England
Shawn of the dead- everyone dies, ha.
No offense English
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:59 pm

p51dmustang wrote:
I would head to guantanamo bay, ask for sanctuary, bring along 2000 different seeds to preserve ecological diferention, and prepare for the zombies that will emerge from the water, and lagh when they hit the tripmines installed all over the island

OR...

I would move about 100 miles from Anchorage alaska, with such quick growing plants as tomatoes, carrots, and zuchini. I would take aproximately 20 people, with me, about 40 firearms (10 of each weapon (in case some break down from constant zombie killing) like shotguns (Spas 12), bolt action rifle (scoped bolt action .22 LR), assult rifle (AK47's all the way), and regular pistols (Colt .45's)) and hand to hand weapons (crowbars (The weapon of heros), aluminum baseball bats, rambo survival knives, and katanas( perfect decapitation weapon)) Oh and about 100 propane tanks and gasoline cans and beer bottles (Moltovs and propane bombs + zombies= the best explosions and flaming walking dead in the world!!!!!).

I know im gonna here it for this so im gonna explain myself, i chose the .22 LR, beceause .22 ammunition is light, and you could carry five .22 rounds compared to 1 shotgun shell, plus the fact that a .22 can shoot as accurate as most rifled rounds. Besides zombie overkill is not neccesary beceause all you have to do is destroy the brain. or decapitate them

Sorry, my spontanius rant.

No offense the SPAS 12 is a POS. I recommend a Mossberg 500. In fact I don't why people think it is you need to kill your zombie with a shotgun. No carrying around a crowbar with a AR 15 will get you the same bloody results. one for the close encounters, the other for head shots (byah) Oh and of course a G18C to spray the runners.

/sorry gun rant...please continue
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Insane Mercc wrote:
I like his idea but IDK if there would be eough food for a journey like that. Im sure the navy would be whatching the coast to contain the infection anyway so...........
With a skilled navigator and individual ships' crews breaking up into 2 or 3 shifts a day, It should take 1-3 weeks sailing from anywhere on the West coast to Hawaii. Barring frozen or perishable food, it would be easy to carry enough food for oversized crews on 30-50 foot boats, if you supplement each crew's rations with fresh fish. Fresh water would be a larger concern, each person needing at least a week's worth of water. It may be worth cherry-picking boats with water purification systems.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Omega Lambda wrote:
Insane Mercc wrote:
With a skilled navigator and individual ships' crews breaking up into 2 or 3 shifts a day, It should take 1-3 weeks sailing from anywhere on the West coast to Hawaii. Barring frozen or perishable food, it would be easy to carry enough food for oversized crews on 30-50 foot boats, if you supplement each crew's rations with fresh fish. Fresh water would be a larger concern, each person needing at least a week's worth of water. It may be worth cherry-picking boats with water purification systems.

yeah, im right when i say that boiling salt water does not purify it?

BTW guys this topic is becoming huge
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:11 pm

JARHEAD wrote:

yeah, im right when i say that boiling salt water does not purify it?

BTW guys this topic is becoming huge
Boiling it will not take the salt out of it, but distilling it will. Filtering is a better option though. Requires significantly less energy. Distilling all additional water other than what was originally brought would require a lot of propane to boil the water and you'd need to improvise stills.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 pm

Its actually a little more difficult to catch fish at sea Ive been told plus if your escaping in a boat IDT you would have a whole lot of time to pick and choose your boats. if you got lucky when you have a lot f boats i could see a boat or two with a purifying system but thatll have to be shared. Not to count weapons for when you land or other people that want your stuff.

@JARHEAD its a good thing to have big convos like this. Its fun
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:16 pm

You may have a little less time. Most boat owners are going to try to run for their boat to start a life living off the shore.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm counting on everyone bringing whatever weapons they have from home, which is going to be handguns, rifles, and shotguns, but there are a few built-in weapons to be gained after a sea voyage. Dinghy oars, chains, flare guns, mooring buoy hooks, there are plenty of improvised weapons to be had if someone neglected to bring their own.

I'm confident that between what water can be brought, filtration on some ships, improvised stills on others, rainwater, and rationing, there will be enough water to make it to Hawaii. To avoid over-crowding and allow for maximum water and food reserves, I'd say give each boat one crew member per 5' of boat. Boats over 40' could handle more, like one crew member per 3' or so. Fishing shouldn't be a problem, provided we're outfitted for ocean fishing rather than lake fishing.

(edit, in light of the above post) The Oak Harbor Marina has 500+ boats approximately. At least 200 sailboats. I can't imagine that everyone will make it to their boat, or even think of their boat in a crisis. Those we know personally would likely join us if they don't already have their own idea of where to go.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 pm

How come noone relizes that the military would not all die out like in every zombie movie? Wanna know why? Because they have been the first ones to get vaccines in times of danger...
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:41 pm

You would be surprised when people are faced with a terrifying life threatening situation how selfish they can be even if the are your family. Most people will more likely kick you in the balls, steal your supplies, and leave you to die. Its just human nature. Thats why you stay in groups of two or three of your best friends or some good people that you find around to survive with.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh and another thing, Zombies are real, look it up. They are people that have been brainwashed kiddnaped and enslaved, no brain munching.
AND
A viral outbreak would be defeated as soon as it started because we have labs that cannot be penetrated by outbreaks like this if used right...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 pm

where?!?!
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Yeah creeds right about that..its all about how, where, type of zombies, media coverage. But of course this thread isn't about HOW it happens its what your gonna do when it does happen
And about the Real zombies i belive its an african tradition? correct?
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 am

For labs, any goverment lab
And I would buy a gun, I own none, get my knife, get my large metal stick thing, get my car, go drive to te mountains, if it is indeed a virus it will die off in extreme cold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie survival for when it does happen...   Zombie survival for when it does happen... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie survival for when it does happen...
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next