Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Just for fun...

Go down 
+7
elementfrvr
Dark Knight
Roamer
Admin
Sentinel
sticks.13
Seabass_9000
11 posters

Which of the following snipers would you prefer?
Classic Army CA8-2 semi auto
Just for fun... Vote_lcap3%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Classic Army M14 semi auto
Just for fun... Vote_lcap3%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Classic Army M24 bolt action
Just for fun... Vote_lcap18%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Classic Army SR25 semi auto
Just for fun... Vote_lcap8%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Tokyo Marui M14 semi auto
Just for fun... Vote_lcap5%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Tokyo Marui VSR10 bolt action
Just for fun... Vote_lcap26%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
Tokyo Marui PSG1 semi auto
Just for fun... Vote_lcap11%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
UTG/Well Shadow Ops L96 bolt action
Just for fun... Vote_lcap24%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
UTG M324 bolt action
Just for fun... Vote_lcap2%Just for fun... Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:24 pm

I have no intentions on becoming, or buying another sniper... but just for kicks, which of the following snipers would you prefer to own?

I would have included Tanaka and higher end rifles but I kinda thought that would be a little lop-sided. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:23 pm

man im really at a crossroads... the VSR series are very nice but they take alot of upgrades to even think about becoming a higher end sniper(stock FPS is 300 like most TM, Barrel is alright for a stock gun but not for a sniper[6.06]) and the TM M14 would probably be my other choice as far as "snipers" go unless there was the Soc16(short M14) with the whole CoD4 mod(without the ugly paint job). i cant decide sooooo hard to choose..... im gonna have to go for the VSR for originality, and because it feels better to pull a bolt. i would however try to add a custom silencer to it as the barrel is only 433mm ish long.

just what i was thinking.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Id definatly rather have the TM vsr, for free =]
Then it would cost like 450 for upgrades, but when your done its a beast =[]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Well...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:37 pm

I would have to say Classic Army CA8-2. And I'm not just saying that because I'm ordering the gun tomorrow Wink

Although I've had my fun with the bolt action rifles, I'm ready for a semi-auto (it's actually full-auto as well) rifle to take to tournaments. I love the "silent killer" approach the bolt-actions offer, I'm just wanting to try a new approach to sniping.

I guess I just really like the look and feel of the CA8-2... yes, even over the PSG-1 Smile I actually have the choice between the two (I'm not paying for the gun) and I'm going to get the CA8-2 and just upgrade the heck out of it Smile

Just for fun... Ca_8-210

What a "beaut."
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Actually I had the opportunity to look at a TM PSG1 at Airsoft Arms before they closed shop in Columbus... I wasnt impressed to say the least. For that high of a price I dont think a gun should make a creak/ crack/ etc... this thing as soon as I touched the front foregrip... "CRRRrreeeeaaakkkk", I looked over at Slacker and we started laughing. Very Happy

It was alright and I dont want to offend anybody that has one or wants one, but the CA8 to me is a much more "Solid" replica. I have handled them a few times and have never noticed them every being "loose" feeling or in any way disappointing.

Put an M140- M150 spring in there, high torque motor, high torque gears, metal shims, metal piston of some kind, and use a 10.8volt battery. Very Happy Actually a great mod to consider on the CA's is the bore up kit... gives you more FPS and air volume, in turn lowers the spring rate you need to produce higher FPS. Check into that before you get a piston and all that stuff...
The good news is the CA8 comes with a 6.04mm barrel so it should be pretty accurate out of the box.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:19 pm

you might want to reconsider your choice of the CA 82... nothing wrong with it if you a DM or a normal rifleman. but it is kinda high profile, the scope on top is only 3.5X magnifacation. and the gun is pretty big.... although i have to agree it is a Very nice replica. and it has one of the best hop-ups on the market...

if you think you can stalk with something that big go ahead, i would def like an M14 better though.

i am kinda curious how well the parts will work wit the gun though... good luck with that thing. i want to see it at ur next event.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Actually they are really nice if you eliminate the integrated scope and put whatever scope you want on there instead... like the STAR series: http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/star_sl8_jpg.jpg
Or you can get a shorter rail like this has: http://www.precisionairsoft.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CUS360

I honestly dont think they are that much larger than an M14 with a scope. The M14 sight rail is kinda tall due to the fact that it has to clear the chamber so it sticks up there a good ways. <-- This coming from an M14 owner. Very Happy

To be completely honest, if he can stalk with his L96, I think he will be alright with the CA8. It will definitely be a lot lighter than what he is used to carrying around. Of course, take in to consideration I chase people down with an AK47 with an M203 on it. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:06 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
you might want to reconsider your choice of the CA 82... nothing wrong with it if you a DM or a normal rifleman. but it is kinda high profile, the scope on top is only 3.5X magnifacation. and the gun is pretty big....
sticks

Seabass_9000 wrote:
Actually they are really nice if you eliminate the integrated scope and put whatever scope you want on there instead...
To be completely honest, if he can stalk with his L96, I think he will be alright with the CA8. It will definitely be a lot lighter than what he is used to carrying around. Of course, take in to consideration I chase people down with an AK47 with an M203 on it. jocolor

You both bring up really good points, but I think I have to agree with Seabass. I did consider the size and scope of the gun before making the purchase. I know you're not trying to say the CA8-2 is a bad choice, necessarily, but I actually think it's a great choice. First of all, it does have great internals, and a solid external setup... Lots of metal, and the main body is made of a strong fiberglass (feels great). If I can lug around my 12 pound, 45" long L96, I can definitely carry the 8 lb, 36" CA8-2 Smile Also, the scope will definitely be coming off. I believe the size is 1.5X magnification (it says 3X, but it's not) with a 10mm lens - way too small. I'll def. have to upgrade the scope! But other than that, I think it's a great choice Smile
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:38 pm

ha, I had to go with the PSG1... but not because of its functional reasons in airsoft...

Mostly b/c I played metal gear solid lol, what... everybody plays that game right!?! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 2:32 am

VSR 10 all the way. The smaller size and for mad upgradability(sp).
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Twisted Evil M24 because my friends would see it run and soil them selves just from looking at its mass realism pale
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 12:30 am

I chose Tokyo Marui VSR10 bolt action and UTG/Well Shadow Ops L96 bolt action because personally I enjoy bolt action rifles and I heard they were both good guns.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am

i would have the gun i have (well l96) and a Mauri vsr-10
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Definentely the marui vsr 10
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:59 pm

Well I have the L-96 , and it is manufactured by UTG , while it may not be the best of all of the gunslisted above in the poll above , I would still have to go with my L-96 .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sponsored content

Just for fun... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for fun...   Just for fun... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just for fun...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Sniper's Nest :: General Sniper Discussion-
Jump to: