Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

How you other snipers carry your gear

Go down 
+4
JARHEAD
Spl. Durkee
white wolf
lonesniper24
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

How you other snipers carry your gear Empty
PostSubject: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:41 am

since my gear is only cheap ghillie, under armor, pants that i out grew in the past few mounths, and boots. I'm looking to make a new gear set up, I'm going to do airforce survival utilities, but i need a way to carry extra mags, pistol clips, my pistol, cantine, knife all that good "Watch your language" I've been thinking the af survival vest but im on my bellaye to much, and alice gear just kinda bugs me im to cheap to aford cheap pouche a backpack is to bulky, so any thing you guys do
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:14 am

well, I am more quick than stealthy right now
1 no ghuille
2 haversac
3 back pack
just the way I like to airsoft, more of a challenge to stalk but more fun!
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Get a chest rig... You can easily wear it underneath a ghillie and a good model has enough space for just about everything. My current chest rig has 4 mag pouches, utility pouch, gas mask pouch, and radio pouch built in. It was a great buy and I am in the process of making a ghillie...yes for those of you who are living under a rock, DM's use ghillies...
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 pm

yes they do, im a dm and i use one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, DM's are kinda strange, I understand they use a ghillie (even though they shouldn't) Because a DM is suposed to travel with the squad and serve as a long distance shooter, that the average rifleman can't hit. They should look like or similar to what the other squad members are using, so this means for everybody (including me) that says a sniper rifle can't be semi automatic is wrong.

I got this from the history channel they started back in nam, but didn't really become a hit till Desert Storm (first one) most riflemen in the squad only had an M16 iron sites, meaning if a sniper had them pinned down, they had no way to defend them selfs, so for all you snipers that we all have wrongly accused of being a DM you guys are probely snipers UNLESS you travel with your squad or stay close by the squad you are then a DM

Back on subject now, I was looking at Sniper Survival vests and I was seeing what they did, it's a cool little thing, they have all there pouches, then they have a thing that straps over it, so when you are and crawling your mags, and what not don't get dirt and stuff in them, I am trying to think of a way to do that myself. can anybody link me to a site that has just cheap vests with no pouches and not MOLLE gear, I will make it myself, I just can't find a Vest like that.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:48 pm

I would just think f your going to be on your belly alot then either use a combat belt and attach some utility pouches and mag pouches on the BACK of the belt then wear it either under or over your ghillie if you need to use it.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 am

i tried and it bugs me and it makes ghillie look weird, that why im aiming towards a vest or a chest rig
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:23 am

Then how are you going to belly crawl? With the belt were the pouches compact and fastened securely?
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:49 am

Drag Bag originaly i used a pouch system on a belt.
Mag pouch for 2 l96 mags
Map pouch with a compass
radio pouch
misc pouch for knife and stuff
Then i upgraded to a dump pouch which worked amazingly but now im finally moving to my last use a drag bag hold my 2 scopes mags for m4 (when without spotter) and l96 holds l96 and m4 and ammo for the longer games and a tool kit.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:35 pm

From what I've observed, when you're working as a sniper, a minimalist approach is often best. Only bring with you what you absolutely need, which isn't much more than just your ghillie and your rifle. That will allow you to move faster and with greater stealth.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

don't forget emergency jerky sticks and a few band-aids
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:15 pm

get the jerky thats thicker too, much more flavor and longer lasting Very Happy

and I always bring a 2-8 binoc. and some quick energy bubble gum(when ya'll walking back to the respawn chew one, it'll give you some energy for the way back!)
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 am

yeah, whenever im going out for a big game i go out and get a nice amount of jerky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 am

I run pretty much the same when I had my M24 and when I now use my SR25. I don't try to be all that stealthy because it can be a bit hard in airsoft with how far your guns are shooting. I just used a CIRAS or another form of Plate carrier and got M14 pouches for my SR25 and like pisotl pouches for the M24. I found it to be more combat effective using a vest and BDUs rather then a ghillie and like backpack. The chest rig idea however is also a good idea I know a few people with sniper rifles who run that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:13 am

yeah, i think im going to run up to the surplus store my next pay check (which is tuseday) and by a whole bunch of strap (49 cents a foot) and make my own alice chest rig type thing, but make it so everything is more by my sides so i can lay comfortable, but yet still carry nessicary equipment. (cantine, map, mags, pistol, knife ect.) and since my grandma works on drapes she has all the sewing stuff ill need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you other snipers carry your gear   How you other snipers carry your gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How you other snipers carry your gear
Page 1 of 1