Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Are spotters neccessary?

Go down 
+21
bboy.snow
organdonor
Spl. Durkee
Gridlock
STAT
.25 Gram Sniper
Jman
Sniper004
TheJim
minilogoman
kkoerber
djstasevich
Tater
Satan
wombinator
sticks.13
USMC-HENDLER
Alabama_Sniper
JamillaTheKilla
speedloader1
March_ARB
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think spotters are neccessary?
Yes!
Are spotters neccessary? Vote_lcap41%Are spotters neccessary? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 25 ]
NO!
Are spotters neccessary? Vote_lcap10%Are spotters neccessary? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 6 ]
Depends (post why)
Are spotters neccessary? Vote_lcap49%Are spotters neccessary? Vote_rcap
 49% [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

Are spotters neccessary? Empty
PostSubject: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:14 am

Just wanting so see what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
speedloader1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:51 pm

No, who snipes?
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:08 am

I chose depends. I think its a good question and there can be arguements for each side. Having a spotter can be nice to have an extra pair of eyes to help try to keep from getting into bad situations. They also can provide a little extra support if you're spotted and have to get out of there. I think it would be good to always have a person that can be a good spotter if you really need one, but can also do good as a rifleman or another role.

On the other side you may say no, i don't want or need a spotter. I had one of my friends say the same to me, i offered to be a spotter for him, but he refused. He claimed that he works better on his own, he can move more quietly on his own, its just plain tougher with two people than one, which are all valid points.

So i think that having one can be a life saver, but maybe not completely necessary.

Just my opinion.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:29 am

Depends , when I go out on an assassination mission I need my spotter however in some wars I have played with outa spotter just for the solitary when I did not have an assassination mission ready for me at the time .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:02 am

True True True. I marked depends also. If I can see alot of enemies then i wont really need a spotter but if im only trying to get a certain person i go with a spotter to confirm.
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Having a spotter depends on your personal opinion and skill of you and your spotter. If your spotter is new and lacks the skill then you wouldnt want him because that might put your mission in danger. On the other hand i think it is always good to have a spotter if both yours and your spotters skills are at a high level and their is good communication between you two. The reason for this is now instead of having two eyes you have four and your spotter usally has a rifle with him so if you get into a fire fight he is always there to help. It depends on how you interact with each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Hendler05
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Thats very very true. I think its also depends on if you have a good secondary too. For the fact that if all you have is your sniper you gonna want a spotter to give you suppressive fire and such if you get compromised.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:02 pm

A spotter isn't just for back up fire ARB , he is for spotting the target telling the wind conditions and amoung others things , such as , keeping you company on a long and dull mission . My Spotter is experience and good at what he does just as I am good at what I do but if my Spotter was a newbie and terrible at his job , not saying all newbies are this way some are actually quiet good but most aren't , I wouldn't want my spotter to come along , because it is like Hendler said the spotter would just get in your way and jeapordize the mission . When you are behind enemy lines and after hours of waiting your target comes into sight and your spotter sneezes or coughs or gets exicted and yells there he is , trust me it has happened not by me of course Very Happy , but by some one ealses spotter . And the target ( s ) get away then you wants to take out your pistol and shoot a hole in him or her . Next thing you know you are getting flanked and took out .

........................... Alabama_Sniper .................................
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:48 pm

The most effective sniper teams that i have seen use spotters. there always seems to be a wrong time or place where the sniper is spotted (could be multiple reasons), try fending off 10+ people who have AEGs, probably a DM and or a Support gunner. its hard to say the least.

I consistently have people watch my back when im in the zone. as soon as im in the zone i know i have lost 2 of my main senses, sight (as far as surroundings are concerned) and sound. the one time where i did not have someone watch my back i got 2 in the back of the head (we were a flank guard and a squad pulled a very hard flank on us). Now i try to have someone watch my back so that doesn't happen again.

sticks
Back to top Go down
wombinator
Private
Private
wombinator

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Just to sum it up, whats the harm in having a friend by your side to help you? Maybe your not the best of friends but get to be because you could be in for the long run. Anyways, yeah, they're needed. And yes I know you're going to say, "they might give away your position." But really, that's a risk I'm willing to take. As long as my spotter knows what he's doing we shouldn't have the problem arise.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:34 pm

depends bacause i use a spotter when im in a larger field of play also iuse them for defense and supporting but when im scouting or just out on spec ops i go alone cause 2 people are easier to see than one
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:40 pm

i trained my spotter and he an expert i don't need company by the way im fine when i work alone but he is good to have to like sticks said the only thing i know is what i se through my scope nothing else so my spotter fills that gap
Back to top Go down
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:41 pm

i put depends becouse in certain situations i don't need a spotter and alot of times i find them to be anoying or they slow me down say i have to be in a certain spot in an amout of time and my spoter is way behind me trying to keep up an alot of times he gives away were im at becouse of this.

on the other side i could have used a spotter to tell me if somebody is trying to get behind me or on my flank and while im taking care of the main target he can deal with the guy or sometimes guys that is trying to get me out

so im kinda both just depends on the situation at hand
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:54 pm

I don't feel i need a spotter in a deathmatch, but for just sighting in my gun it is really nice to have someone experienced.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:41 pm

i think that some times it is nice to have a spotter because someone might sneak up behind you and your spotter can take them out faster than you can with a sniper or trying to pull out a pistol.
Back to top Go down
minilogoman
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:35 pm

I always prefer to have a spotter with me for a couple reasons
1) I like the company
2) like some one said before me 4 eyes are better than 2
3) I like some one at my back
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:14 pm

I also like having a Spotter to talk to and pass the time .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:51 pm

Well since I play on a site that rarely has very large, slow games. (they are normally short, always less than 2 hours, and fast paced) I rarely use a spotter because

a) I travel light and very fast and they would slow me down
b) 2 people are more likely to be seen than 1
c) On some games I play more as a DM so I'm with a squad
d) It's one more thing to worry about

However, spotters can be VERY useful on the longer games and when I visit larger sites such as Ground Zero. Because

a) Snipers will find they get tunnel vision while tracking targets and can become less aware of their surroundings. A spotter will have a much wider field of view and will not be focusing as heavily on target acquisition, so they can tell you when the enemy are getting too close for comfort or you need to move on for another reason
b) It's nice to have that firepower when the proverbial hits the fan and you need to get out of there, with someone to cover your retreat
c) Spotter's will be able to focus on communicating with the rest of the team via comms, watching your back, and everything listed above, dramatically lifting the weight of things to consider from your shoulders, leaving you to concentrate on just getting the shots in.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:57 am

it depends on the situation
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:31 pm

I would say almost exacly what Jim said and i would add if you are rushing to get to the center of the map before the other team your spotter can't keep up and they get lost and sometimes shot. On the other hand tunnel vision is a big problem but i can hear if people are coming. Then there is what happens if I am seen and they are rushing me well run but if you had a spotter he could give cover fire while you are running back and he can conmunicate to the team so you don't get interruped right as you take a shot.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Of course they have and always will be .
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Quote :
Of course they have and always will be .

Can't agree with you more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
STAT
Corporal
Corporal
STAT

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:07 pm

you need 4 eyes on the target (pellet drop high, low etc...) also somebody for close end security somebody to bound with covering
Back to top Go down
http://www.smtactical.com http://www.tango-5.com
Gridlock
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Ive never found one I liked.They do make nice bait though... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gridlock
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:55 pm

Ive never found one I liked.They do make nice bait though... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are spotters neccessary?   Are spotters neccessary? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are spotters neccessary?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next