Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Well l96 upgrades!

Go down 
+2
SnoSnipe
Undertaker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:11 pm

I would like to upgrade my L96, and arnt sure what to do.

What would the most beneficial upgrades be on a lower end budget? i have about $100 to play with, maybe $125.
I would like to upgrade my accuracy and power first. I have looked at a Prometheus Tightbore barrel, but am not sure what length i need.
I have also been looking at a new spring, possiblly an m140 or m150, but i have no clue. If i do change the spring, would i need a new spring guide and hopup? what would you reccomend?

Links to products would be appreciated, doubly so if they are from Evike or ASGI!
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 am

I had a UTG L96, and I can say, by experience, that upgrades WILL screw up guns like that (WELL is pretty much the same). Sure, there are probably some that might work, but I recently sold my stock UTG, and the person I sold it to upgraded it. He tore the hop up apart (while being as careful as possible), and he could not find a new hop up. I would not recommend upgrading it, but instead saving the money you have for a better sniper rifle. PM me if you need any help on finding one (I used to be my team's sniper). Also, another retailer you might like to try is REDWOLFAIRSOFT. They ship VERY quickly, and in good packaging. I have no negative experiences, and they will actually call you if there is any problems. I would 100% recommend them for parts, and I was very satisfied with gun one gun (glock 23) that I ordered from them, but some people have said bad things (being confiscated at customs, etc.), but they removed the trademarks very well, and added an orange tip that was easily scratched off, so I would recommend them with caution for buying guns too.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 am

Wow, thanks for the info! If i were to buy a new rifle, i would probably go gas, they are more reliable from my experience. Have a rifle you would reccomend? If i am buying a new rifle, i have anywhere up to about 300-400 i can spend.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 pm

If you are going for expensive, I had an ARES AW 338 (L96) recently (traded for my CQB weapon) that was an amazing gun. If you want cheaper, you can get a KJW M700(NOT THE TAKEDOWN MODEL) As I said before, feel free to PM me with any questions about anything Smile
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:00 am

Well l96 upgrades! Searchfirst9bc6hm

link
link
That should get you started...theres thousands of posts here on upgrades for the l96 so just search xD

And im not sure if youve heard this..STAY AWAY FROM EVIKE..youll get burned.

if your looking for a new rifle

This rifle is very good, easy to upgrade very good quelity, the downside is it looks like a L96 and everyone and thier dog has a little bar 10 JG or UTG so your rifle doesnt stand out :p

All the TM VSR models are very good, they are THE most upgradeable rifles out there, agian very well made and thier pretty cheap allowing alot of money for upgrades.

If your looking for gas these are good

in my opinion tho you can upgrade a spring rifle to the same accuracy and FPS as a gas, the springer will be more reliable on cold days as well and some fields limit the use of gas. Say your shooting 500fps with your gas, it probly cost you 500-600, for the same price you can start with a VSR at 185 and throw in a upgrade like this, keep in mind it will be much cheaper if you do it yourself which brings the total the same as the gas, for the same fps and accuracy without the hassle of a gas rifle.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 am

If i upgread my spring do i have to upgread my barel too?
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:52 am

No, barral uogrades are just for better accurcy. You will have to upgrade some of the internals to handle the increased strengh of the spring since the stock onj most can't handle upgrades.
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 pm

ok so what would be a good barral would be? Also i is this an ataible goal to be albe to fire a .28g BB around 175-200 yards effictivly???
Back to top Go down
James
Private
Private

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:49 pm

No matter how good your gun is or what upgrades you do, An airsoft gun is not going to shoot 200 yards.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 pm

lol dude youd be lucky to see 200 feet, top you could maybe hope to hit somthing at 150 ft. Just get a tighbore barral, first focus on the free upgrades I mentioned
Back to top Go down
RED89
Private
Private

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

what exactly is a OK cylinder upgread kit?, sorry for all the ? if you can't tell im and noob to this lol
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Ok, say you want to upgrade your rifle to 500fps with .25
you wold do this

CA APS 300% Spring
First Factory APS Cylinder L2
First Factory APS Piston & Piston head
First Factory APS Taper Cylinder Head
First Factory APS Spring Guide
Guarder Reinforced Bolt Handle

If you have a budget READ THE THREAD BELOW!! it will give you a very good guide for upgrades you can do yourself at home with no extra purchases.

http://www.airsoftallies.com/sniper-rifle-upgrades-modifications-f8/jg-bar-10-free-mods-tutorial-with-pics-t201.htm
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm just curious, why is there a link to upgrades for a bar 10 in a topic about l96 upgrades. also, any idea how to make the l96 a little quieter? Mine's way too loud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well l96 upgrades! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well l96 upgrades!   Well l96 upgrades! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well l96 upgrades!
Page 1 of 1