Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

CIRAS/RRV?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Hey i'm looking for a CIRAS or RRV (with back section) plate carrier. I've been looking around but haven't found much other then Pantac and Eagle Industries vests. I don't want a Condor/OE Tech clone or something cheap, i want something nice and also in Ranger Green since i'm planing out a Ranger kit. Pantac has a RRV that i can go with but i kinda rather have a CIRAS but can't afford to pay $400-$600 for the EI CIRAS. Is there any other nice makers of RRV or CIRAS plate carriers? My max budget for a vest would probably have to be around $250-$300 and it must be RG unless there's no alternative then i may accept tan or OD.

I have most of the other stuff i'll need already picked out.

Crye Precision MC field pants with knee inserts
Crye Precision MC tactical shirt (or Tru-Spec version)
Tru-Spec MC PASGT helmet cover
Tru-Spec MC boonie
Tan desert style boot
Various Pantac and Eagle Industries pouches (Ranger Green)
Ranger beads
Ranger patch
OD Arena Flackjak V2 googles
Black Oakley Factory Pilot gloves

Any other things i may need? This will replace my Flecktarn as my primary loadout and i also want it to be serious and realistic looking.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Hey i'm looking for a CIRAS or RRV (with back section) plate carrier. I've been looking around but haven't found much other then Pantac and Eagle Industries vests. I don't want a Condor/OE Tech clone or something cheap, i want something nice and also in Ranger Green since i'm planing out a Ranger kit. Pantac has a RRV that i can go with but i kinda rather have a CIRAS but can't afford to pay $400-$600 for the EI CIRAS. Is there any other nice makers of RRV or CIRAS plate carriers? My max budget for a vest would probably have to be around $250-$300 and it must be RG unless there's no alternative then i may accept tan or OD.

I have most of the other stuff i'll need already picked out.

Crye Precision MC field pants with knee inserts
Crye Precision MC tactical shirt (or Tru-Spec version)
Tru-Spec MC PASGT helmet cover
Tru-Spec MC boonie
Tan desert style boot
Various Pantac and Eagle Industries pouches (Ranger Green)
Ranger beads
Ranger patch
OD Arena Flackjak V2 googles
Black Oakley Factory Pilot gloves

Any other things i may need? This will replace my Flecktarn as my primary loadout and i also want it to be serious and realistic looking.

I'm not 100%..but I remember seeing a CIRAS on Evike by "Matrix" something or another...I'll go take another look.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Matrix gets their stuff from the Philippines, its made in a guys house, all 600D quality(same quality as OE tech). I know this because my friend traced his roots, and found the shop. Bought a few vests for the MSRP over there($30) and doubles his money. Thats what I call a hustle!

Pantac makes a RG CIRAS, good luck getting a RG RPC for their RRV though.

CIRAS: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=1530

RG pouches: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Ranger+Green&search_in_description=1&x=36&y=15&categories_id=75&inc_subcat=1&manufacturers_id=&pfrom=&pto=&dfrom=&dto=
The pics might have a little different coloration, don't worry about it they are all the same color.

sticks
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

@Durkee
Thanks but yeah no Matrix or anything like Condor/OE Tech.

@sticks
Thanks for the links. I actually found that CIRAS there while i was in class today and so right now that's probably what i'll get and where i'll buy from. Didn't even see their nice selection of RG pouches, saves me a lot of trouble and money. Oh yeah sticks, how nice is Pantac exactly? I've seen you mention them a few times before which got me looking at them for this loadout.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 pm

They are almost EXACT copy's of EI gear. They have double/triple stitching, 1000D cordura(actual cordura brand, not just china brand nylon), YKZ zippers/buckles(same on some EI and most BHI gear), and relatively similar colors to EI and BHI. IMO their RG is the best copy of the EI shades, followed by OD, Khaki, and CB coming in last.

I'm sending my cousin some Pantac gear to use in the sandbox, I almost ordered some EI gear for him but due to price and reports from other airsofting vets the Pantac is a much cheaper and better option for him. Having heard reports from people who have been to the "box" or "asshatistan" Pantac did totally fine and is still in working condition today.

sticks
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:29 pm

That's exactly what i'm looking for then. Thanks again.

If anyone knows a good place to get velcro backed Ranger patches let me know. Already have an American flag so i'm good there.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Personally I wouldn't wear the tab/75th patch, as you haven't earned either. Some guys don't even wear the 75th patch. You will most certainly look more "operator" without a patch on as well.

Do you need help with the pouches? The Ranger kit actually runs pretty cheap. I may sell a Pantac Modular Assault Pack here pretty soon, keep your eye on the buy/sell forums.

sticks
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Yeah the patch is something i'm thinking heavily on. I have the deepest respect for our service men and women so i really didn't want to "flaunt" something like that of theirs that like you said i haven't earned. So i may just keep it simple and wear the flag and my dragon and infidel patches.

As for pouches i was thinking of like 3 of those open top mag pouches, radio pouch, a utility and med pouch, admin, dump pouch, and one of those canteen pouches since i don't want to mess with hydration rigs bladder. May need a pistol mag pouch as well but i plan on getting a MC drop-leg holster and i'd have to see if the version i choose has a place for an extra mag already. Plus a OD riggers belt would be needed for that as well. That's basically what i'd get off the top of my head since it's similar to what i have now and i'm used to it. Any thoughts on that setup?

I'll keep my eyes out although right now i'm flat broke with no income until April.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Its all pretty good, the only thing I would change it the open tops to closed top ones. Theres a simple way to make the closed top "open" when you need to. Basically you insert mags into the pouches, then tuck the flap behind the pouches when you think your going to com into contact. They don't issue the double open top mag pouches, they do issue a pannel of snap retained M4 pouches, they usually place this behind the closed top M4 pouches.

Snap pouch panel: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120453905708&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=M*F%3F&GUID=0d1969e31240a02653554075fe8495e0&itemid=120453905708&ff4=263602_263622

sticks
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Ah, well i have my mag pouche flaps tucked in now so it's works fine. I just thought i'd skip that with open tops but since they aren't issued i'll be cool with the closed top style. I'll just get the triple mag pouch for then. I only carry 3 extra mid-caps and then 2 high-caps in the utility pouch as back ups so i don't need tons of mag space at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CIRAS/RRV? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIRAS/RRV?   CIRAS/RRV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CIRAS/RRV?
Page 1 of 1