Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Battery problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm

hey so i went out to me field last week and i have a KWA M4 and my battery is an Intellect 9.6v 2000mAH 4 stick and the night before i went out i charged the battery on my smart charger. It says that the charger has a trickle charger that kicks in when the battery is full but i don't trust it so i un plugged it when it was finished. when i put the battery in the gun i pulled the trigger and it acted as if it was not charged at all. needless to say, i am very frustrated. any help? why did this happen? is it the gun, battery, or the charger?

THE MARINE STRIKES AGAIN!!!
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:58 pm

If the battery was cold, that could cause this. If that were the case, bringing the battery to room temperature would fix the problem. If not, is there any way you can try a different battery? How old is the battery? The problem could be a worn-out battery. How old is the gun? It could be the gun's fuse or wiring. Check the fuse even if your gun is new. Probability of problem source: battery > fuse > wiring > something else.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 am

What exactly do you mean by "It acted as if it was not charged at all."
What happened when you pulled the trigger?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

for the first guy: it was not cold, the temperature was around 65-70 F, i checked and the fuse is still perfect, i just got home from a trip so i am just now trying it with my other battery, the first battery is very new, ive used it only a few times

to the second guy: when i pulled the trigger it felt like the gears or gearbox were only turning a little bit, like there was not enough power to fully turn themw
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:03 pm

i remember something about smart charger. one is for charging batteries 2000mah and under
and one is for charging batteries 2001mah and over (or something like that) just make sure you have the right setting on while charging. it might just be one of the bad batteries that you unfortunately received
Back to top Go down
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:44 pm

well my smart charger is one where you put the dial to how many cells the battery has and choose what mAH you want it to charge at, i put it at 8 cells and 600mAH, the fastest and plugged it in, there is an LED that turns green when it is full so when i un plugged it, i was sure it was full

i just plugged in my other battery and it also does not work either. BUMMER, i also rechecked the fuse and I am 100% sure it is still intact. so i guess its the wiring. how do i get that fixed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery problems   Battery problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery problems
Page 1 of 1