Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gun metal 55
Private
Private

A&K M249 SAW  Mk 1  upgraded. any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?   A&K M249 SAW  Mk 1  upgraded. any suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:54 am

ok ive got a new SAW from A&K so i get it and i immediately start to think i need to upgrade it... so i do. first i put in low resistance deans connectors, then i take out the fuse, put in an 11.1V lipo battery, put in a G&P m120 high speed motor, a G&P polyethital (im not sure if i spelled that right) piston, a G&P piston head. so im shooting around 24 bb"s per second at about 360-380 fps. im trading my piston and piston head for aluminum ones though. any suggestions on how i can make this gun more effective? suggestions?
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?   A&K M249 SAW  Mk 1  upgraded. any suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:21 am

no suggestions but wow that is a nice gun congrats on the purcase
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?   A&K M249 SAW  Mk 1  upgraded. any suggestions? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:22 am

Are you sure Dean's conectors can handle a li-po? It wouldent hurt to drop a tightbore. I wouldent go below a 6.04 though. Watch out the 249 hop-up is a little finiky. Good move with the metal piston. I've seen people over tax their pistons so much they melted the head to the piston. Normally I would say to takeout the fuse but since your running with a li-po and 24rps I would actually run a higher volt fuse. Optics? Maybe a good red dot or holosite.

I would definately look into the tightbore though. What's the point of support fire if the support isn't going where it should?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?   A&K M249 SAW  Mk 1  upgraded. any suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:58 pm

If your A&K Saw is exceeding the rate of fire of a Real Saw... and you aren't effective with a rope of BB's being unleashed over the field...

Maybe its time to start relying on accuracy. Very Happy

(Keep in mind I play support with my CA MG36 that is highly modified)
From what I have seen... a lot of people go for high rates of fire with Support guns and all they do is hose. If you are interested in kills... generally being quiet and just doing small accurate bursts is going to keep you under the radar. There definitely is a time for sustained fire, but use it only when needed. I would suggest getting a good tightbore barrel, decent hop up rubber, use high quality BB's such as KSC or Excels, and put a red-dot on your Saw so that your first shot accuracy will be improved.

My only other advice to improve your effectiveness is to upgrade to a slightly stiffer spring and go for about 400-420 FPS so you have more range and then if you use slightly heavier bb's like .23's or .25's you will increase your accuracy even more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?   A&K M249 SAW  Mk 1  upgraded. any suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A&K M249 SAW Mk 1 upgraded. any suggestions?
Page 1 of 1