Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The sniper BDU ghillie suit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stealthmonkey
Private
Private

The sniper BDU ghillie suit Empty
PostSubject: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm

So i was looking around on the internet, and i came across the sniper ghillie suit. The type thats a military BDU with jute sewn onto the back. but there is no netting, how would you add vegetation? Im just curious.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:11 pm

You would have to show us the Pic but my guess would be its sewn in or there IS netting just hard to see...
Back to top Go down
stealthmonkey
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:04 pm

just in case there isn't netting though, what would be some techniques for putting on vegetation?
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Sewing it on in clumps....thats all i can think of
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 am

rolling around a few times in the ground is SOP
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:31 am

Here's something directly pasted from my local airsoft website (I wrote it, so I allow it to be shared.)

Quote :
1. Get a BDU jacket you don't mind sacrificing.

2. Get some brownish and greenish burlap and cut it into strips.

3. Stitch the strips of burlap to the jacket until most of it is covered (You can make the burlap go down as far as you want. Down to your ankles, or just to your hip.)

4. Stitch some burlap on the sleeves so it hangs down 6-8 inches but not long enough to get caught in your rifle or whatever.

5. Gather some vegetation from the playing field and tie it to the jacket using paracord or just the burlap strips you already have on yourself. You should be able to see a bit of burlap through the plants, but not too much

I'd recommend getting a boonie hat as well and sticking some plants through the loops in the hat until you can't really tell it's a hat anymore.

P.S. This pretty much only useful if you shoot prone a lot....which most snipers do...
And I'll add this in now: You could do the exact same thing to a pair of BDU pants. I only clarified for the jacket because the guy didn't want a full suit.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:03 am

REMEMBER KIDS FRESH VEGGIES EVERYTIME!!! lol
Back to top Go down
diablo@sdm
Private
Private
diablo@sdm

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:44 pm

you can add vegetation on by tying it into the jute thread or synthetic thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sniper BDU ghillie suit   The sniper BDU ghillie suit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sniper BDU ghillie suit
Page 1 of 1