Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

what would YOU do?

Go down 
+6
Wertuk
Spl. Durkee
russki308
A. sniper
DrummerBoyz95
michaelsniper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
michaelsniper
Private
Private

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:24 pm

hey guys,
I've had a few situations lately, where i didnt know what to do.
So, i'll post em here, and please tell me what you would do.
1) You're about to get spotted by an enemy, So, ofcourse you change to a better location. But, you're likely to get spotted when you move; Move, or stay?
2) You're at a great position, near the hot spot. But, for some reason you haven\'t seen anyone yet. Move to a better spot, or wait till people do get there?
3) You can shoot someone of a squad, but you risk to get the whole squad on you, Shoot, or don\'t shoot?

thnx in advance !
& for the poeple who read my gun was broke, is till had warranty, so ive send it back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 pm

I think you are a sniper so I will answer with the mind of a sniper.

1. Stay put. You're more likely to be spotted if you move around when they're looking for you. You can shoot them when they get in range as long as you have a clear shot.

2. Wait it out. That's what snipers do.

3. Take out as many as you can. Whether or not they realize where you are, bug out. In my opinion getting noticed and getting shot is worth getting a couple hits
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:06 pm

1) it depends on the spot you're in. if it's relatively protected, stay put. then again, if you know for sure that the enemy has spotted you, you might as well move anyways if you already have a better spot in mind.

2) I can't say it any better than drummerboyz did.

3) this one would depend on your specific objective. if your objective is to just harrass the enemy, then take the shot and hit as many of them as you can. if, on the other hand, your objective is recon, wait. there is no immedieate need to take out the enemy and, unless it would move you towards your objective, it would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
russki308
Private
Private
russki308

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:37 pm

1) stay where you are. he might look the other way. then you can shoot/knife kill him.
2) wait. even bait the area. its best to fish rather than hunt.
3) don't shoot. ghost them for a bit, then wait for anyone away to empty their bladder, or for any careless move(s)
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:59 pm

michaelsniper wrote:
hey guys,
1) You're about to get spotted by an enemy, So, ofcourse you change to a better location. But, you're likely to get spotted when you move; Move, or stay?
2) You're at a great position, near the hot spot. But, for some reason you haven't seen anyone yet. Move to a better spot, or wait till people do get there?
3) You can shoot someone of a squad, but you risk to get the whole squad on you, Shoot, or don't shoot?

thnx in advance !
& for the poeple who read my gun was broke, is till had warranty, so ive send it back Very Happy

1. Stay. Your fault for picking a bad spot.
2. Move. Your fault for picking a bad spot.
3. Shoot. Maybe next time you'll bring more firepower.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:03 pm

3.) Toss my tornado impact for the win Smile
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
michaelsniper wrote:
hey guys,
2) You're at a great position, near the hot spot. But, for some reason you haven't seen anyone yet. Move to a better spot, or wait till people do get there?
3) You can shoot someone of a squad, but you risk to get the whole squad on you, Shoot, or don't shoot?

thnx in advance !

I'm not sure if you're a sniper durkee, but I believe that a main part of sniping is sitting and waiting for a shot. once you have a position, you don't move unless necessary.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:17 pm

1-3: take some PCP, run at you with a shiv screaming "NARNIA!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm

A. sniper wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
michaelsniper wrote:
hey guys,

thnx in advance !

I'm not sure if you're a sniper durkee, but I believe that a main part of sniping is sitting and waiting for a shot. once you have a position, you don't move unless necessary.
Lol I'm not sure you're a "sniper" either, "A.Sniper"...but I know that if you are obviously not in a spot of advantage and can't provide something of use to your team from said point (because there's not even anyone there...despite him saying its near the "hot spot", whatever that means), you need to pick your ass up and move somewhere that you can be of use. It's all fine and good sitting around waiting for people, but while you're having your little cookie break your teammates are probably actually doing something...no?
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:23 pm

And Durkee makes a perfect point of why snipers are of very little use in airsoft. (i didn't say no use)
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
A. sniper wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
michaelsniper wrote:
hey guys,

thnx in advance !

Lol I'm not sure you're a "sniper" either, "A.Sniper"...but I know that if you are obviously not in a spot of advantage and can't provide something of use to your team from said point (because there's not even anyone there...despite him saying its near the "hot spot", whatever that means), you need to pick your ass up and move somewhere that you can be of use. It's all fine and good sitting around waiting for people, but while you're having your little cookie break your teammates are probably actually doing something...no?
apologies, I didn't mean to insult your knowledge of airsoft or airsoft sniping. I only meant that I wasn't sure if you played as a sniper or not. my "I'm not sure if you're a sniper" was nothing more than that. back to the topic, generally a sniper's job is to stay put. that's why most ppl don't like it, cause they buy a sniper rifle and then realize "hey this is boring".
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 pm

SnoSnipe wrote:
And Durkee makes a perfect point of why snipers are of very little use in airsoft. (i didn't say no use)
Amen.

I will say it then: "SNIPERS" ARE OF NO USE IN AIRSOFT.

Sure they are allowed 50 FPS more (most of the time), but 50 FPS isn't going to make carrying a bolt action springer around worth your time (or your team's time).
Anyone can be "stealthy"...you don't need to be carrying a sniper rifle replica to have any semblance of fieldcraft. Anyone can take accurate, well placed shots...

I get it, if you're doing some immersive roleplay scenario of some kind, I get it..."snipers" perform a role within the roleplay...but the average airsoft "sniper" is not doing immersive military roleplay...
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:15 pm

I say of almost no use, because i have seen some amazingly upgraded ($1500+) guns that make no sound, and actually do have a huge range/accuracy advantage compared to an AEG. Other than that 1% of the population of airsoft snipers, they have zero...or less use. I respect real life snipers very much, and hope to become a SWAT sniper some day, but in airsoft, it has no point. Please feel free to disagree with me.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 am

1. Sit and stay don't move.
2. move a little I would geuss make sure your facing the right direction.
3. shoot and scoot, shoot people in the back and move up. If they know how to play dead don't talk.

And yeah durkee's got a point it's going to be a never ending term all snipers are designated marksmen really. It's not a bad thing, but really nothing any more special. They may have more range and what not and a nice person to have break off from squads to cover when assaulting somthing to pick off people
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 pm

not necessarilly. a sniper uses an airsoft sniper rilfe replica, which makes less noise than your average aeg, making them harder to pinpoint after they take a shot. that's a sniper's main advantage.
Back to top Go down
diablo@sdm
Private
Private
diablo@sdm

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm

As for #1). Stay put being almost spotted doesnt mean spotted. Moving around when theres people that can see you is a definite no no.
#2) Wait, wait, wait. Your a sniper not an assaulter. Its not like in the movies where your running around the bush and tall grass knifing and shooting every one you come accross.
and #3) if you can shoot someone from a squad? lol squads ive seen range from ten people and up. If there is a force on force engagement possibility and your alone and there is a squad in your sights? don\'t take the shot, observe and report into whatever unit your supporting so a a proper force on force engagement can occur if applicable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what would YOU do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what would YOU do?   what would YOU do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what would YOU do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Sniper's Nest :: Tactics-
Jump to: