Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

A Day to be Proud of

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

A Day to be Proud of Empty
PostSubject: A Day to be Proud of   A Day to be Proud of Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 pm

To those who have not heard, today the first Medal of Honor was awarded to a living service member since Vietnam.
After three years of processing, the award was given to Ssgt. Guinta, after heroic actions to save a wounded service member that was being dragged away by two members of the Taliban (Ssgt. Brennon-KIA). Although the number of Medals of Honor given is decreasing, we should remember what our soldiers are doing overseas is nothing short of heroic, yet its what they call their 'job' everyday.
Best regards to Ssgt. Guinta, for he has gone above and beyond the call of duty. And may Ssgt. Brennon, and all killed in the line of duty overseas, in any war, rest in peace.

If you want to read more about this story, look on Wiki (Ssgt. Salvadore Guinta), or on 60 Minutes.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: A Day to be Proud of   A Day to be Proud of Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:39 pm

My honor goes out to him.

I like the way Wikipedia shows what medals people have earned by using pictures of the medals and how they're set up on his dress uniform.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: A Day to be Proud of   A Day to be Proud of Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Yeah I really liked that too. Apparently that battle was crazy. No one came out without taking a hit. Guinta took a round to the Helmet, Chest, and the weapon on his back. Sgt. Brennon (Point) took six hits, and his jaw was blown off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Day to be Proud of   A Day to be Proud of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Day to be Proud of
Page 1 of 1