Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gearbox problems~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Gearbox problems~ Empty
PostSubject: Gearbox problems~   Gearbox problems~ Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 pm

So i finally picked up a torx screwdriver with which to open up my old JG gearbox. (which had broken about 6 months ago

I opened it up, took it apart, and examined the pieces. I found a few problems that would explain why it stopped working.

First problem that i noticed was one of the gears was severely messed up. It was missing teeth and everything explaining why it wouldn't cycle.

Second problem. I took off my cylinder head to see a nightmare inside the cylinder. The inside (the spacer between the cylinder head and the piston. not sure what it's called.) was totally destroyed and wrecked which explains why there was no compression and air coming from the nozzle.

Good thing was that some parts were salvagable. I cleaned off the crappy chinese grease on them, and set them aside for later use.

Also I have a GB shell as well~ Definitely helped me learn the gearbox a little more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Gearbox problems~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox problems~   Gearbox problems~ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:18 am

Find out why you are HIGH Siding the Piston, willing to bet the missing ( Destroyed ) spacer on your piston head is the reason why ( Tooth Misalignment ).

Double check your Piston Ring as well, chances are that if there was spacer residue inside the cylinder the ``O´´ Ring, and maybe even the cylinder walls were damaged.
Back to top Go down
Awesome_egg12
Private
Private
Awesome_egg12

Gearbox problems~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox problems~   Gearbox problems~ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:08 am

On another side note you might want to put some better grease on the parts. with out grease theres a lot of friction that can ruin the parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gearbox problems~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox problems~   Gearbox problems~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gearbox problems~
Page 1 of 1