Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Mil-sim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zane
Major
Major

Mil-sim Empty
PostSubject: Mil-sim   Mil-sim Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Well I have been asked by our commander to come up with some millsim ideas..we are looking for 48 hour events as im rather new Im not sure how this would work. So I ask you for some ideas..from what I gather there should be several objectives during the day/night. I know its not much to work with..ah and here is a little thing he send me about our unit

"We are a milsim group , that try and keep our games authentic to real military tactics. We started our team on October 2, while we were talking on things that would be fun to do with a whole bunch of friends. As we brainstormed on what would be fun to do as a group, something with life-like military simulations came up as something we would all like to do. Airsoft was one of the primary hobbies that we had, and with a little more investigation, everyone was more than happy to start playing. Chating with eachother, planning, and finally piecing it all together was just an extreme pleasure. Our practices include tactical manoeuvers, stealth and assorted other military aspects. We all love airsoft, and have an inclination to continue playing for quite some time, to get better and better until we can win every tournament we enter."

So..I need some help on planning some events study
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Mil-sim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mil-sim   Mil-sim Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi Zane,

Some questions first,

1, How large is your playing field ? Transportation to starting points ?
2, Structures, Bulldings, Bunkers, Trench network, Woods, Open Terrain ?
3, How many Players?
4, Nicities, Porta Potties, Water,Snacks, Drinks, Electricity, Shelter in case of bad weather, Location for tents ?
5, Do you plan on playing the full 48 hours ? ( Most players can't handle it, just a friendly tip, schedule some down time in the game, it can be part of the game )
6, Are you sponsering this event ?
7, What will it cost ? ( keep it a low as possible)
8, What are you offering for thier money? ( Some of the best events I have attended offered nothing more than great game play, with a small party after)
9. Communication, Radios, Cell Phones, Land lines ?
10, Judges/Referees both on and off the playing field, and at least one embedded with each Team.
11, ORGAS, have to be available at all times, before, during and after the event.
12, Briefing material, Maps, GPS, ArmBands, Uniforms.
13, Method for determining the winner, and are you going to offer a prize( advize against giving a prize, for whatever reason, when there is something tangible to be won, it encourages cheating ).
14, Limiting it to only Low/Mid-Cap magazines ( A must if it is going to be a MIL-SIM ).
15, FPS Limits, Semi, F/A, Sniper, Pistol ?
16, First aid ? , people are going to get hurt ! ( last event was 24 hours and there were 20 real world injuries ).
17, Age restrictions ?
18, If this is going to be a large event, and you are going to have underage players, signed parental consent is a must, over 18 years of age need to sign a waiver covering you in case of injury or Death, ( this is not a Joke ).
19, Restrictions on the type of ammo to be used, Bio, Plastic, if you leave it up to the player I can promise you at least one will show up with Glass, or Alu BB´s.
20, Your Teams standing with the Local Law Authorities, and informing them of your Game, Location and Times the Event will be held. ( 6mm Bio BB is no match for a 9MM Parabellum ! )

So now that you got some things to think about, Hit me up I will be more than happy to help you in the planning of your event.
Back to top Go down

Mil-sim
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: