Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

What type of spring?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Major
Major
david

What type of spring? Empty
PostSubject: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 pm

I have a G&G GR16 R4... I'm wondering what type of spring would work in it without being too big/long/strong/whatever. I'm upgrading my gun to a DMR and I'm looking to get more range out of it.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:54 pm

you know WHAT IS too big/long/strong??? Wink Wink me

haha anywho, an m110 or m120 should be fine. Honestly you don't need a spring for long range. Just good quality bb's and a tight bore barrel. Also a full cylinder in your gearbox (one without slits) and a concave hop up spacer.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Concave hop up spacer... the hourglass kind? Hopefully an m120 will help though.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 pm

david wrote:
Concave hop up spacer... the hourglass kind?
yeah

I think he means this one
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 pm

A. sniper wrote:
david wrote:
Concave hop up spacer... the hourglass kind?
yeah

I think he means this one

OOoh FINALLY ONE IN STOCK!! Will this one actually help as good as the other one would?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 am

that would be ze wun. but any concave spacer will do. m120 should be fine, but it might stress your internals a little more than normal
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 am

Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 am

For your DMR thing, buy my G&G front kit, and then have one for long range and one for closer range Very Happy
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:14 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
that would be ze wun. but any concave spacer will do. m120 should be fine, but it might stress your internals a little more than normal

Yeah true, I'll just upgrade then get some more gears and what-not when it break's down
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Another thing to look into would be shimming. So that your gears are properly aligned this will help prevent them snagging on one another causing breakages. (especially because they will move at a higher speed than with a 8.4v in the case you fire full auto)
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:41 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Another thing to look into would be shimming. So that your gears are properly aligned this will help prevent them snagging on one another causing breakages. (especially because they will move at a higher speed than with a 8.4v in the case you fire full auto)

K thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of spring?   What type of spring? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What type of spring?
Page 1 of 1