Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Are RPG'S Effective?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Major
Major
david

Are RPG'S Effective? Empty
PostSubject: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 pm

If so... how do u make one. Any links?
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:44 pm

I believe Alexkmml has some idea, Durkee does too (but is expensive Laughing )
the factory made ones are m203s in the shape of RPGs (rhymes)
so it would make sense to get an m203 or whatever fits your gun (I don't remember the other names)
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 pm

They really aren't all that effective at all. You could probably do more good throwing handful of BB's in the general direction of the opposing players.
I got into them for the cool factor, not necessarily the playability (most fields wont allow homemade ones).
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:07 am

[quote="Spl. Durkee"]They really aren't all that effective at all. You could probably do more good throwing handful of BB's in the general direction of the opposing players.
I got into them for the cool factor, not necessarily the playability (most fields wont allow homemade ones).[/quote]

How'd u make it?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:07 am

Short answer: No.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am

The only reason RPG's are ever used in Airsoft Scenarios is when there are vehicles involved. Like Durkee, I also got into RPGs just because of the cool factor. The most effective way to make one is using pressurized Co2 canisters. They usually fire stuff like to the nerf mini-footballs. Like I said, they're really only used when there are vehicles involved. Now of course I still haven't quite perfected the art of building one, but its an ongoing project. Theres lots of tweeking involved.
Although others have built such devices as anti-personel rounds fired out of anti-tank guns or mortars, almost all of them involve two stage explosives (Which fields almost NEVER allow) and usually never actually shoot BB's, but instead have radius rules (Ex. If you are X amount of feet away from an exploding 'shell', your out).
Now, if your really interested, I'll discribe the project Im working on now. Its still in the research stages, but I'll discribe what I have so far.
Basically, it is built in two parts. You have your barrel, and your firing device. the barrel is in the front, firing device in the back.
Part 1, The Barrel: Now, the most affective barrel is going to be one that is tight around your object your firing (In this case, a mini nerf football). PVC is the easiest because of its simplicity and lightness. Now, there is a formula to find the certain length your barrel should be in comparison to the PSI you are firing it with for maximum velocity, but I couldnt give it to you off the top of my head.
Part 2, the firing mechinisam: Now, like I said before, the easiest way is with Co2 Canisters. Basically, your going to have a place to screw the Canister into. Hooked up to that is going to be a quick-release dump valve. Have a tube going from your dump valve to the back of your barrel and your all set. Just cover the back part in PVC to conceal the mechinisams, give it a slick paintjob, etc etc, and your all set to go.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:07 pm

[quote="alexkmmll"]The only reason RPG's are ever used in Airsoft Scenarios is when there are vehicles involved. Like Durkee, I also got into RPGs just because of the cool factor. The most effective way to make one is using pressurized Co2 canisters. They usually fire stuff like to the nerf mini-footballs. Like I said, they're really only used when there are vehicles involved. Now of course I still haven't quite perfected the art of building one, but its an ongoing project. Theres lots of tweeking involved.
Although others have built such devices as anti-personel rounds fired out of anti-tank guns or mortars, almost all of them involve two stage explosives (Which fields almost NEVER allow) and usually never actually shoot BB's, but instead have radius rules (Ex. If you are X amount of feet away from an exploding 'shell', your out).
Now, if your really interested, I'll discribe the project Im working on now. Its still in the research stages, but I'll discribe what I have so far.
Basically, it is built in two parts. You have your barrel, and your firing device. the barrel is in the front, firing device in the back.
Part 1, The Barrel: Now, the most affective barrel is going to be one that is tight around your object your firing (In this case, a mini nerf football). PVC is the easiest because of its simplicity and lightness. Now, there is a formula to find the certain length your barrel should be in comparison to the PSI you are firing it with for maximum velocity, but I couldnt give it to you off the top of my head.
Part 2, the firing mechinisam: Now, like I said before, the easiest way is with Co2 Canisters. Basically, your going to have a place to screw the Canister into. Hooked up to that is going to be a quick-release dump valve. Have a tube going from your dump valve to the back of your barrel and your all set. Just cover the back part in PVC to conceal the mechinisams, give it a slick paintjob, etc etc, and your all set to go.[/quote]

OOOH LALA!! PM me on some more detailed info please!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are RPG'S Effective?   Are RPG'S Effective? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are RPG'S Effective?
Page 1 of 1