Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

This made me sad.

Go down 
+9
Preacher
M14 double-taps
Ksquared
Spl. Durkee
Warsawwarrior9
iliveforthis99
Creed769
SnoSnipe
DrummerBoyz95
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

This made me sad. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This made me sad.   This made me sad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:50 am

Sorry Drummer, your not getting off that easy Wink

1, I donīt need to read any book to gather insight into the Homeless experiance, Iīve been there !

Try to grasp the concept of a deadbeat father that takes off and leaves your mother sitting there with 7 kids and not a pot to piss in, never a cent of Alimony or Child Support sent, heck not even a freaking Birthday Card.

Yes, Iīve ssurvived of the Government Surplus rations, the powdered eggs, dried beans, reconstituted milk, cheese that could be used as building mortar.
Forced to suffer the embarassment of food stamps, ridiculed by those that had it better.
Going through the New England winters with old socks on the hands as mittens, no such thing as boots, sneakers the whole time, wearing 2 or 3 windbreakers against the cold.

The abandoned house that we hunkered down in had plastic sheeting for windows, no heating, and only because of the generosity of others did we have running water and electricity, we would sleep 2 or 3 to a bed just to stay warm at night, the only room that was ever even remotly heated was the kitchen only because my mother would turn on the oven and leave the oven door open.

We all went to school, did our school work, played like kids are supposed to, but at the same time we would also see if we could find some way of bringing cash into the house, Babysitting, Mowing Laws, Cutting Grass, Shoveling Snow, Scamming the City Folk, Combing the Beach, stocking shelves at the local Cumberland Farms or Stop & Shop, it was never a fortune but it was enough that my mother was able to go to night school, get her hairdressing licence, and with a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears, make the situation better. So please donīt assume that I am so prejudiced not to inderstand the problems of the homeless, Iīve lived it.

You said your Dad was `almost ī homeless and that he has fought his way back out of the hole, well sorry to break the bad news to you, but that is a shining example of what I was saying, a vast Majority of the Homeless, want to be that way, thank goodness your dad is not one of them, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that fight back with every fiber of thier being, these people are the exception to the rule and deserve all the assistance available, sadly the scum that abuses the system make it so much harder for the willing to get back on track.

As an example as to how `Prejudiced ī I truely am, while stationed in CA, we had homeless at every gate onto base with their `will work fo food ī signs, it didnīt matter which gate, Seaside, Moterey, Sand City, they were there every day, come rain or shine, all the BN Noncoms got together with the CSM and came up with a plan, working with the MPīs, Local Law, Human Resource agencyīs and Child Services, Those truely in need, with no criminal record, were given jobs on base, Assistant Grounds Keepers on Bayonet/Blackhorse golf Courses, Range Control/Range Maintainance, COBs in Impossible City, COBs in Hunter Ligget during large CONUS-EXs, Base Beutification, ect ect ect......
During screening it became evident to all those involved that a vast majority just wanted to abuse the system, from 100 applications with luck maybe 10 would be qualified, Surviving under the Poverty Level, Homeless, No Criminal Record, No History of Drug Alcohol Abuse, Reccomended by Human and Child Services, Unemployed. Hard as it may be to believe, we actualy had a hard time filling all the positions available, but those that did get jobs used the oppertunity to turn their situations around and get back on their feet again.

You said that this thread makes you angry, well turn the anger onto those that deserve it, Identify those that are employing the illegals, taking the jobs away from those that need them, but be prepared to start paying higher prices for those products and services that you love, few legals will do the jobs that illegals do for the same pay under the same working conditions, so the increase in overhead is going to be passed on to the consumer, thatīs just good buisness.

Quote :
They smoke cigarettes and drink beer because they think it makes them feel better...

Again with the excuses !! NN2H hit the nail on the head, and in my words I would say that they are weak ! not deserving of the kindness of others, playin and feeding off the complacency, apathy, sympathy of the local community, the next time you are getting ready to toss them a bit of spare change, take a good look at them, can you smell the alcohol over the stench of thier unwashed bodies, see those deep yellow nicotine stains on their fingers and lips, notice the tracks on the webbing between their fingers, see the empty liquor bottles in their shopping carts/bags or just laying nearby, do they look like they just escaped from some gulag, under fed ( amazing how many are grossly overweight ) ? To H€ll with them, let them rot ! Take your spare change and donate it to the local shelter, soup kitchen, free clinic, this way you will know that your money has a good chance of helping somebody that is actualy deserving, who knows maybe it will be just that extra little bit that makes a difference, it is a slim chance, but still better than giving it to the street bum.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: This made me sad.   This made me sad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:57 pm

slob212 wrote:
Sorry Drummer, your not getting off that easy Wink

1, I donīt need to read any book to gather insight into the Homeless experiance, Iīve been there !

Try to grasp the concept of a deadbeat father that takes off and leaves your mother sitting there with 7 kids and not a pot to piss in, never a cent of Alimony or Child Support sent, heck not even a freaking Birthday Card.

Yes, Iīve ssurvived of the Government Surplus rations, the powdered eggs, dried beans, reconstituted milk, cheese that could be used as building mortar.
Forced to suffer the embarassment of food stamps, ridiculed by those that had it better.
Going through the New England winters with old socks on the hands as mittens, no such thing as boots, sneakers the whole time, wearing 2 or 3 windbreakers against the cold.

The abandoned house that we hunkered down in had plastic sheeting for windows, no heating, and only because of the generosity of others did we have running water and electricity, we would sleep 2 or 3 to a bed just to stay warm at night, the only room that was ever even remotly heated was the kitchen only because my mother would turn on the oven and leave the oven door open.

We all went to school, did our school work, played like kids are supposed to, but at the same time we would also see if we could find some way of bringing cash into the house, Babysitting, Mowing Laws, Cutting Grass, Shoveling Snow, Scamming the City Folk, Combing the Beach, stocking shelves at the local Cumberland Farms or Stop & Shop, it was never a fortune but it was enough that my mother was able to go to night school, get her hairdressing licence, and with a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears, make the situation better. So please donīt assume that I am so prejudiced not to inderstand the problems of the homeless, Iīve lived it.

You said your Dad was `almost ī homeless and that he has fought his way back out of the hole, well sorry to break the bad news to you, but that is a shining example of what I was saying, a vast Majority of the Homeless, want to be that way, thank goodness your dad is not one of them, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that fight back with every fiber of thier being, these people are the exception to the rule and deserve all the assistance available, sadly the scum that abuses the system make it so much harder for the willing to get back on track.

As an example as to how `Prejudiced ī I truely am, while stationed in CA, we had homeless at every gate onto base with their `will work fo food ī signs, it didnīt matter which gate, Seaside, Moterey, Sand City, they were there every day, come rain or shine, all the BN Noncoms got together with the CSM and came up with a plan, working with the MPīs, Local Law, Human Resource agencyīs and Child Services, Those truely in need, with no criminal record, were given jobs on base, Assistant Grounds Keepers on Bayonet/Blackhorse golf Courses, Range Control/Range Maintainance, COBs in Impossible City, COBs in Hunter Ligget during large CONUS-EXs, Base Beutification, ect ect ect......
During screening it became evident to all those involved that a vast majority just wanted to abuse the system, from 100 applications with luck maybe 10 would be qualified, Surviving under the Poverty Level, Homeless, No Criminal Record, No History of Drug Alcohol Abuse, Reccomended by Human and Child Services, Unemployed. Hard as it may be to believe, we actualy had a hard time filling all the positions available, but those that did get jobs used the oppertunity to turn their situations around and get back on their feet again.

You said that this thread makes you angry, well turn the anger onto those that deserve it, Identify those that are employing the illegals, taking the jobs away from those that need them, but be prepared to start paying higher prices for those products and services that you love, few legals will do the jobs that illegals do for the same pay under the same working conditions, so the increase in overhead is going to be passed on to the consumer, thatīs just good buisness.

Quote :
They smoke cigarettes and drink beer because they think it makes them feel better...

Again with the excuses !! NN2H hit the nail on the head, and in my words I would say that they are weak ! not deserving of the kindness of others, playin and feeding off the complacency, apathy, sympathy of the local community, the next time you are getting ready to toss them a bit of spare change, take a good look at them, can you smell the alcohol over the stench of thier unwashed bodies, see those deep yellow nicotine stains on their fingers and lips, notice the tracks on the webbing between their fingers, see the empty liquor bottles in their shopping carts/bags or just laying nearby, do they look like they just escaped from some gulag, under fed ( amazing how many are grossly overweight ) ? To H€ll with them, let them rot ! Take your spare change and donate it to the local shelter, soup kitchen, free clinic, this way you will know that your money has a good chance of helping somebody that is actualy deserving, who knows maybe it will be just that extra little bit that makes a difference, it is a slim chance, but still better than giving it to the street bum.

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

i swear SLOB is the Don\'t use the Lord\'s name in vain. of knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

PostSubject: Re: This made me sad.   This made me sad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 pm

slob212, you are an intelligent man.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: This made me sad.   This made me sad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

There was this lady who owned a mansion who made just as much if not more than my dad an O-6 in the Army by pushing around a grocery cart in a commerce center
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: This made me sad.   This made me sad. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:33 am

Thanks for the compliments guys, but it has nothing to do with intelligence or knowlege it is all experiance, Iīm actualy quite thick headed and some time dumber than a box of rocks.

@Sanguinary Angel,

We used to ridicule those dumpster divers that show up every monday morning on base in thier old beat up pick-ups,........

till we saw where some of them live and what kind of cars the really drive and after talking to them,
Everything financed through 4-6 hours of work and based on the drinking habits of the American Soldier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This made me sad.   This made me sad. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This made me sad.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2