Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it

Go down 
+4
Breckton
Creed769
DrummerBoyz95
Spl. Durkee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Empty
PostSubject: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 am

Share the following on as many accessible social media sites as you can.
Anywhere you'd believe to be unblocked and in view of Egyptian nationals.

The Egyptian government has launched a massive censorship campaign to keep eyewitness accounts of recent unrest from reaching the internet and foreign news media.
Re-post for justice!

Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Egypti10

or

http://www.torproject.org/

Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:51 am

If we already know about the censorship campaign and unrest... and there is a video of it on YouTube... then is the job not already done? scratch

\"Watch your language\" that's a cool water cannon
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
If we already know about the censorship campaign and unrest... and there is a video of it on YouTube... then is the job not already done? scratch

"Watch your language" that's a cool water cannon
Not at all. There are still many injustices occurring without the proper coverage.
Even with foreign reporters swarming into Cairo, the principle behind circumventing this tyrant's attempts at suppressing individual liberties still remains.

Guy needs to GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:

Not at all. There are still many injustices occurring without the proper coverage.
Even with foreign reporters swarming into Cairo, the principle behind circumventing this tyrant's attempts at suppressing individual liberties still remains.

Guy needs to GTFO.
I agree it needs to change, but the rioters will just usher in a extremist (most likely.) and then we have a problem. Remember, Egypt is our ally, and have signed a treaty with Israel, if an extremist gets in, bye bye Israel.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Creed769 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:

Guy needs to GTFO.
I agree it needs to change, but the rioters will just usher in a extremist (most likely.) and then we have a problem. Remember, Egypt is our ally, and have signed a treaty with Israel, if an extremist gets in, bye bye Israel.

-_- The Minutemen were extremists. Ghandi was an extremist. Malcom X was an extremist.

Extreme injustice requires extreme action. The Egyptian military and private police have turned against The People because of their sworn allegiance to their ruler...so they are fair game when pressed. The majority of demonstrations have begun as peaceful protest, but were escalated by Mubarak's out of control security forces.

What most don't understand is that it's Mubarak's henchmen that are doing the looting and inciting violence...not the Egyptian people. They round them up like cattle and beat them to the ground. They've run them over with police vehicles and water trucks. They've dressed up as civilians to spark violence at peaceful protests so their forces have an excuse to beat the \"Watch your language\" out of civilians.

I don't understand what you mean by "if an extremist gets in". That's exactly what they need right now.
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Creed769 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:

Guy needs to GTFO.

-_- The Minutemen were extremists. Ghandi was an extremist. Malcom X was an extremist.

Extreme injustice requires extreme action. The Egyptian military and private police have turned against The People because of their sworn allegiance to their ruler...so they are fair game when pressed. The majority of demonstrations have begun as peaceful protest, but were escalated by Mubarak's out of control security forces.

What most don't understand is that it's Mubarak's henchmen that are doing the looting and inciting violence...not the Egyptian people. They round them up like cattle and beat them to the ground. They've run them over with police vehicles and water trucks. They've dressed up as civilians to spark violence at peaceful protests so their forces have an excuse to beat the "Watch your language" out of civilians.

I don't understand what you mean by "if an extremist gets in". That's exactly what they need right now.
I think by "extremist" he meant the wrong kind of extremist we want in.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:00 pm

Breckton wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
Creed769 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:

Guy needs to GTFO.

What most don't understand is that it's Mubarak's henchmen that are doing the looting and inciting violence...not the Egyptian people. They round them up like cattle and beat them to the ground. They've run them over with police vehicles and water trucks. They've dressed up as civilians to spark violence at peaceful protests so their forces have an excuse to beat the "Watch your language" out of civilians.

Well they're trying to overthrow, essentially, a man that has become an authoritarian dictator. It's not matter of religion or even politics, but the principle of the will of the people in a democracy. Violence is incited by violence, but I highly doubt it will result in civil war or extremist attacks. The opposition to Mubarak is too much of the majority, his active supporters are greatly outnumbered. In a sense, Mubarak's forces are the extremists here if you look at the definition of the word.

The incumbent president has turned the government against The People in a nation where democracy is now desired...so the only way out of this is to have Mubarak removed and extensive reform in the Egyptian government, starting with ElBaradei taking office. The man is a genius. Would kill to have him sitting in our Oval Office right about now. I guess I'll let Egypt have him though, they need him more.

Egypt army rules out using force
^^^We'll see how long that lasts this time around.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Breckton wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
Creed769 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:

Guy needs to GTFO.

Well they're trying to overthrow, essentially, a man that has become an authoritarian dictator. It's not matter of religion or even politics, but the principle of the will of the people in a democracy. Violence is incited by violence, but I highly doubt it will result in civil war or extremist attacks. The opposition to Mubarak is too much of the majority, his active supporters are greatly outnumbered. In a sense, Mubarak's forces are the extremists here if you look at the definition of the word.

The incumbent president has turned the government against The People in a nation where democracy is now desired...so the only way out of this is to have Mubarak removed and extensive reform in the Egyptian government, starting with ElBaradei taking office. The man is a genius. Would kill to have him sitting in our Oval Office right about now. I guess I'll let Egypt have him though, they need him more.

Egypt army rules out using force
^^^We'll see how long that lasts this time around.
SUPER-MEGA QUOTING CHAIN OF AWESOMENESS RETURNS!! Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Happy0201
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 pm

I can just see them turning to Sharia Law.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Creed769 wrote:
I can't see it. Don't get me wrong, Egyptian law and social norm have been heavily influenced by Sharia...but it's impact is what led to many human rights violations in the past.

Frankly I don't see any problem with the Muslim Brotherhood re-founding the nation. They're not really extremist Muslims, nor do they share ideals with the Baath party.
They despise Jihad and believe in democratic processes.

How is that any different then our nation being founded on Christianity?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
Creed769 wrote:
I can't see it. Don't get me wrong, Egyptian law and social norm have been heavily influenced by Sharia...but it's impact is what led to many human rights violations in the past.

Frankly I don't see any problem with the Muslim Brotherhood re-founding the nation. They're not really extremist Muslims, nor do they share ideals with the Baath party.
They despise Jihad and believe in democratic processes.

How is that any different then our nation being founded on Christianity?

but muslim = bad?!?!? any american knows that because they attacked us. duhhhh

not......

honestly, it doesn't matter if the main religion of Egypt continues to be islamic.

i think this whole conflict is a chance for egypt for to better itself. the leader was a tyrant, so he had it coming to him.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:58 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:

i think this whole conflict is a chance for egypt for to better itself. the leader was a tyrant, so he had it coming to him.
Amen
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:55 am

I think the entire situation is good and bad.
Bad just because egypt, was an ally, but this puts the US into some type of "pickle" forsay.
But it is good because the people, majority of them, have gotten up and began to speak for what they want and act the way they feel is appropriate for the situation at hand. And that takes balls... serious balls to go up against a corrupt government/dictator the way they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Well, at least the gov. now was better than the last one. Remember though, the "dictator" fired all of his "staff," so maybe he will listen.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:54 pm

JARHEAD wrote:
Bad just because egypt, was an ally, but this puts the US into some type of "pickle" forsay.
But it is good because the people, majority of them, have gotten up and began to speak for what they want and act the way they feel is appropriate for the situation at hand. And that takes balls... serious balls to go up against a corrupt government/dictator the way they are.

well when its almost the entire country rising up. it's not a matter of balls.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 am

I guess your right, I think what I really meant were the original people that started the movement.
This 'dictator' isn\'t as radical as this but in some countries you'd get very sever punishment for going against the ruler... Stalin, Hitler... Ever going against the king/queen during the US revolution... the men that signed the Declaration of Independence risked their lives for freedom, a situation like that must have run through the minds of a couple who helped start this movement in Egypt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 am

lol TorProxy or Foxyproxy if you haves firefox. OR Ultrareach, or learn how to use a proxy list.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:52 am

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
JARHEAD wrote:

well when its almost the entire country rising up. it's not a matter of balls.

I don't even think half of the country is rising up, in fact, now alot of people are rising in support of the "dictator."

I also believe that, if the Muslim Brotherhood is behind this, it will spell trouble for the world. Maybe another Iran
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:10 am

another tip to pass on ( all my friends in egypt are using it ), also for any of you that are living in highly censored areas,

http://hotspotshield.com/

Never once in past history has the Islamic Revolution resulted in a peaceful outcome, Darfur, Sierra Leon, Ivory Coast, Turkey, Iran, Somalia, Pakistan, Afgahnistan ( Before the War ), Syria, Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, just to name a few, all it is going to take is for the wrong faction to get to power and thatīs it, Game Over !

Egypt is also reported to have WMDīs ( Chemical and Biological ), letīs take this at worst case scenario, Revolutionists assend to the highest seat of power, impose and enforce Islamic Law ( letīs use Iranīs version as an example ), so you have a country infested with poverty, no rule of law, immoral and over run with western influences, how are they going to resolve these problems ?

1, Blame the western influences, remove them from within the boarders ( They are actualy leaving on thier own in droves ).

2, Impose strict Islamic Laws, enforced by Local sub governments.

3, Remove all opposing voices and movements.

4, Start putting the Blame on local enemy countries for the slow improvement wanting to be brought about by the new government, namely Isreal.

5, Open political ties with such nice, peace loving leaders/countries like, Rammabigdickinjohn/Iran, Khaled Mashaal/Hamas-Palistine, Bashar Assad/Syria, and discuss how to best remove the problem from their area, and then act apon it.

6, All Heck breaks out, first to run to assist will be the U.S, Britain, France, then with political pressure the rest of Europe and North America will be forced to take positive political and Military action, The New Crusades are now in full swing, now it will also come down to the People/Residents of each participating country to protect themselves and the ones they love from within, 7/7, 9/11 have proved without a doubt that they are already within our boarders, they are just waiting for the oppertunity/orders to carry out their plans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it   Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Internet Censorship: How to get around it
Page 1 of 1