Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?

Go down 
+3
alexkmmll
iliveforthis99
sniper_32
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Empty
PostSubject: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 pm

What is your opinion of it?
Worth it? Not worth it?

Have noticed a couple Op's recently dealing with ww2 airsoft and a squadmate and I have decided to start working on WW2 Era German Panzer SS loadouts due to these.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

If i had the extra money i'd totally be doing it. WW2 is my favorite time in history, had both the best and worst of mankind. Oh and i love the weapons of that time Very Happy

Why are you going with an SS kit? Why not just a regular Panzer trooper?
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:57 pm

A little advice from a WWII Re-enactor:
DO NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO FOLLOW THROUGH.
There is nothing worse then an underdressed/incorrect uniform.
If your planning on doing it, do your research, make your uniforms accurate. Reenactors make our uniforms correct down to the straps, buttons, and insignia used. If your planning on Re-enacting WWII through airsoft, then do it right. It's the guys playing "WWII airsoft" with M4s and PAGST helmets that ticks me off.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 pm

If done right, it can be really cool. So do it right.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm

I've found some VERY similar uniform, found the era correct style smock, SS helmet, gear etc.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:05 pm

WW2 airsoft is awesome! But like the other guys said, don't ruin it with a half-assed uniform.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I found a full Wermacht setup for $1000 dollars but... checked out some surpluses and found the same style jacket/trousers only in more of a gray.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 am

Get waist down German WWII Uniform, and waist up, have 2010 75th Ranger Kit. Would look wonderful. You could be a moving timeline!
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Snipe you just gave me an idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Oh wow...
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:36 am

Doing any ERA load out cost some major $$ ( €€ ), if you are going to go for a full team reenactment,..

1, Research the events and games in your area, is it going to be worth it if you only play once a year.
2, Research what kind of games they play, would really bite to hunt down your load out only to find that the majority of the games are German v American, or American v French, Resistance V German.
3, Find out the Uniform requirements, 90-100% original, 50-50, time frame- Beggining, Middle, End, research how to tell the difference ie. Cotton thread burns straight and smolders, synthetics-flame, melt, curl, burn black and leave a black soot residue.
4, Insignias, Ranks, Forbidden equipment and markings, going to look like a mojor fool if you show up in full SS load-out only to find out it´s forbidden.
5, Check your local laws and remember to keep your local community in mind, if make the turn to being a re-enactor player, it could make your private life a bit difficult getting stamped as a NAZI.

Re-enactors are an even smaller sub community of the Airsoft enviorment, and are very selective as to who they allow in, the tollerance level for B.S. is extremely low, the last thing any re-enactor will tolerate is any player that could damage thier style and game play, regardless of era be it Civl War ( Yes, there are Civil War era Airsoft replicas on the market ), WWI, WWII, Korea,Vietnam ect, ect, ect, this style of game play is the most expesive, and the least tolerant. To be forwarned is to be forarmed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?   Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on WW2 Airsoft?
Page 1 of 1