Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Virtual Hachintosh!

Go down 
+2
Wertuk
elementfrvr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Virtual Hachintosh! Empty
PostSubject: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:24 am

Continuing my efforts to create a poor mans Macbook I've been up all night compiling code in virtual box for Mac OS X on my laptop. I had it running and all set up..... up until I ran the updater and caused a kernel panic affraid Now I'm reinstalling it and then finally going to bed. If anyone else wants to set up a virtual hackintosh I can walk you through it if whoever wants.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Who would want to? Windows 7>Ubuntu>OSX
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Nah bro, it's more like ubuntu> os x> windows
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm

I back my arguement up with: Steam. The greatest PC gaming community out there. I like running my photoshop, aftereffects, and other things without having to emulate them in WINE or just have to use OSX.
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Wertuk wrote:
I back my arguement up with: Steam. The greatest PC gaming community out there. I like running my photoshop, aftereffects, and other things without having to emulate them in WINE or just have to use OSX.
I second that! Without Steam, my life is futile...
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Touché Steam deffinitely gives windows and mac the gaming edge but for general computing ubuntu definitely takes it. Linux has finally evolved to a point where terminal commands are no longer a necessity and where the customization is unrivaled.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 am

Steam also gives WIndows the edge over OSX, only some games can be played on mac's steam/
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:00 pm

The two reasons I will never buy a Mac:
1. Steam. Steam freakin' rocks!
2. Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Yes, also rocks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Steam is available on Macs. And you can also run Windows on Apple hardware for gaming but it's rather redundant.
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 pm

So am I the only Linux supporter here? So lonely....
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:10 am

i run windows on mac its pretty good but its still based around mac so no upgrading it to more ram and such
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Hachintosh!   Virtual Hachintosh! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtual Hachintosh!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: