Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Mosin Nagant!

Go down 
+4
DrummerBoyz95
iliveforthis99
Sanguinary Angel
Ksquared
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:52 pm

My dad just picked up my Mosin Nagant yesterday. It's very nice, stock is in good condition. The bayonet is longer than my forearm haha. Also, although we have done "real steel" threads before, I was wondering if anybody else had a Mosin Nagant and they want to share. Talking about any other guns you own is great too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:17 pm

I thought it was bad personally. me and a marine sharpshooter were bored picked one up and it was off so bad. We concluded that it was only made to put lead down range
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 pm

I've had one for about a year, great gun.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:58 pm

One day I shall buy one from Big 5.
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Great gun picked one up for $80 like 4 months ago, with accessories, in very nice condition in my opinion. Make sure you clean it by the end of the day because almost all of the ammo is corrosive. Recoil is not as bad as everyone says it is. Trigger pull is a bit to heavy though. They can be very accurate. Mosin Nagant! Obrez11*not myn*
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm

THAT'S SHOOPED
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 pm

It's a sin either way. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:44 pm

I don't know much about them, but I hear not to get one that was made during a war, as those ones are mass produced, and are lower quality.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 pm

It's a Russian made weapon, Russians are experts at making cheap mass produced weapons that are full of awesomeness. War time Mosin's aren't as nice looking as say pre-war models but they're still good guns.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Man now I really want to get one. Not gonna happen as long as I'm living at home though. :L
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 pm

I do not own one of those but, that Mosin pistol is called an obrez they were made during the Russian Civil War I believe. Even the ones made during the wars still seem pretty nice from what I have seen at least. I believe myn is a 1945?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Yeah mine's a 1928 model and my brothers is a 1944 i think. The finish is nicer on mine but that's about it other then the cooler looking Hex receiver on mine. Basically though any Mosin you buy now is going to be refurbished so stock quality which was rougher in war time models shouldn't be an issue now.
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 pm

I don't think myn was refurbished. Oh and something I forgot to mention is that when you buy it is to make sure you clean it very very well because it is completely soaked in cosomoline.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:29 pm

You can check by looking for any reburb marks.

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMarks01.htm

That site has tons of information on the Mosin as well.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:33 pm

I heard that the accuracy varies, sometimes you get lucky and it's extremely accurate or you get unlucky and it doesn't shoot worth sh!t. I also talked to a guy at Cabela's who told me the recoil wasn't much worse than a 30.06 so really not too bad. I can't wait to shoot it!
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 pm

You can also try sticking the bayonet on for added accuracy.

Recoil is pretty strong but it's far from being nasty as long as it's held tight into the the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:37 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
You can also try sticking the bayonet on for added accuracy.

Added accuracy? Last time I checked, having a couple pounds of extra steel hanging off the end of my barrel didnt help me with accuracy... scratch
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Well supposedly from what i've read from more than one source it does when it comes to the Mosin. Apparently once a rifle was completed and sighted in the testers would always do it with the bayonet attached. That being so the bayonet changed the harmonics just enough to effect accuracy making it more accurate. I doubt it actually changes much but i don't know maybe it does, i haven't done any tests to find out.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am

My experience with bayonets is they always make the gun freakin' front heavy, which means you shake a lot more than you would without it on. But, Im not sure, maybe your right.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 am

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Well supposedly from what i've read from more than one source it does when it comes to the Mosin. Apparently once a rifle was completed and sighted in the testers would always do it with the bayonet attached. That being so the bayonet changed the harmonics just enough to effect accuracy making it more accurate. I doubt it actually changes much but i don't know maybe it does, i haven't done any tests to find out.
Can't say that I've ever fired a Mosin with a bayonet, but the rifle I shot did seem extremely poorly balanced. I guess that's just how Mosins are.
In that sense, I could see the added weight of a bayonet possibly helping even out the weight of the rifle.

Mosins are far from ergonomic or shooter friendly. That said, they are still fun as h3ll to shoot.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 am

It doesn't effect the feel or balance much with the bayonet on. Mosin's are over a hundred years old so ergonomics were never part of their design plan. In fact the reason i've heard of why the sights go up to 2 klicks is because they were meant for use in volley firing! That's how old they are lol!

Shoot a few of them a couple of times and you get use to their weight and feel.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 am

Maybe it would help fight against the recoil or something scratch
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:52 am

The bayonet? No, the extra 16 inches of steel at the end change the barrel harmonics enough to effect how the bullet flies.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:12 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
The bayonet? No, the extra 16 inches of steel at the end change the barrel harmonics enough to effect how the bullet flies.
LOL or maybe it's a placebo... like you THINK it will improve accuracy, so you fire the weapon with greater confidence which would result in greater accuracy is it is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Meh, I don\'t really think they went as far as harmonics, but ok!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mosin Nagant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mosin Nagant!   Mosin Nagant! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mosin Nagant!
Page 1 of 1