Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Is it sad?

Go down 
+6
white wolf
alexkmmll
Spl. Durkee
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
DrummerBoyz95
Accordion man
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Is it sad? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it sad?   Is it sad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
-A law was recently passed in my city that states you can be fined up to $5000 for graffiti-related vandalism. Since the law was enacted, instances of graffiti-related vandalism have tripled. The content of the majority of new tags have been anti-government and social commentary art...with gang-related tags accounting for only about 5% of cases. (Frankly I'm proud of this one)
I honestly think graffiti is a good thing. Except for the "Julio wuz heer" kind of sh*t. But it looks worse when someone paints a huge white blotch over the graffiti.
Couldn't agree more. We need more Banksy's and Mr Brainwash's
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Is it sad? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it sad?   Is it sad? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
-A law was recently passed in my city that states you can be fined up to $5000 for graffiti-related vandalism. Since the law was enacted, instances of graffiti-related vandalism have tripled. The content of the majority of new tags have been anti-government and social commentary art...with gang-related tags accounting for only about 5% of cases. (Frankly I'm proud of this one)
I honestly think graffiti is a good thing. Except for the "Julio wuz heer" kind of sh*t. But it looks worse when someone paints a huge white blotch over the graffiti.
Couldn't agree more. We need more Banksy's and Mr Brainwash's
My brother is a big follower of freight train hoppers (figuratively. He doesn't actually follow them) and he'll occasionally spot some art on the RR cars and tell me the story behind it, or name the artist who painted it. The funny thing about that is people rarely paint over train graffiti. My brother has taken photos of art painted a decade ago.

That reminds me. Some of the homeless people in my city like to jump trains to get to where they want to go. On the contrary, several of them won't leave the same block their whole lives...
Back to top Go down

Is it sad?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: