Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Me? A security risk?

Go down 
+4
SnoSnipe
M14 double-taps
Spl. Durkee
elementfrvr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Me? A security risk? Empty
PostSubject: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:03 am

So on the day before my last day of school I was called down to the office, the dean of students informed me that a teacher emailed him and said I had a program on my flash drive that breaches school firewalls. Unfortunately that day my bag happened to contain 3 flash drives, the one he spoke of, one with ophcrack (windows password recovery), and one with Backtrack linux (loaded to the gills with hacking tools). So with it being the second day of finals, he sent me back to class and said the IT guy would look at them and that I probably wouldn't get them back until summer (last friday). Any ideas of how to justify the drives? I already admitted that I bypassed the firewall to research for a class project on drugs, so I can't claim ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:24 am

elementfrvr wrote:
So on the day before my last day of school I was called down to the office, the dean of students informed me that a teacher emailed him and said I had a program on my flash drive that breaches school firewalls. Unfortunately that day my bag happened to contain 3 flash drives, the one he spoke of, one with ophcrack (windows password recovery), and one with Backtrack linux (loaded to the gills with hacking tools). So with it being the second day of finals, he sent me back to class and said the IT guy would look at them and that I probably wouldn't get them back until summer (last friday). Any ideas of how to justify the drives? I already admitted that I bypassed the firewall to research for a class project on drugs, so I can't claim ignorance.
Tell them what they are, no need to lie. The IT guy will know exactly what everything is once he searches them...so you're going to get in trouble. My opinion? You broke school rules and at the very least they have every right to permanently confiscate the drives, so just come clean and tell them exactly what everything is before they find out for themselves. Check with your counselor or a teacher about getting a copy of the web use contract you signed when you enrolled....it will tell you the possible outcomes. Bear in mind that expulsion and suspension are entirely possible. Next time just use layered in-browser proxies.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Lulz weak sauce....
My buddy and I implanted an "UltraSurf" program in every single file of our schools local "L" drive which is basically a program that runs just like internet explorer but bypasses all locks and firewalls they've put in....
It exploded bigger than I thought it would! within two weeks every student was using it and was on FB or comp. games, email, etc. everytime they touched a computer. It took the school over 3 months to figure out how to get the thing off and when they did, we re-planted it in every file under the name of "NEVERRRR say NEVERR!!!"
LOL element my best suggestion would be to embark on a covert OP to recover and/or destroy the Drives after school hours.... Suspect

EDIT: I just rememberd...you might want to 'silence' any loose ends....the biggest one being your SNITCH of a teacher Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Okay, undercover operation to recover the files. En Route.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:43 pm

I found some old knives today.... Do you need my assistance? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Negative. No casualty mission.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:51 pm

Our UAV is online!

Our UAV is online!

Our UAV is online!
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:53 pm

.... Mercc's on standby waiting for further orders..

HAHA This is fun!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:42 am

Lol the funny thing is that the only RULE I broke is breaching the firewall once because our class had to do research in the computer lab DURING class. I would of gotten in trouble if I had not done anything during the period and since the firewall works on keywords rather than URLs I could not research otherwise. Aside from that, I'm basically in trouble for potential to hack, which is like arresting every person because they COULD commit a crime.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:27 am

plead the 5th and deny everything other than the files? Neutral

Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 pm

white wolf wrote:
plead the 5th and deny everything other than the files? Neutral

Sounds about right
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Explain what the files are for
BUT don\'t forget to put on your
COOL FACE
Me? A security risk? Cool_f10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me? A security risk?   Me? A security risk? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me? A security risk?
Page 1 of 1