Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11 Empty
PostSubject: Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11   Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:06 am

Hey guys! I just wanted to drop in and see if anyone else has developed an interest in the OccupyWallStreet movement or sister movements?

I participated in a demonstration today on behalf of OccupyLosAngeles, an indefinite occupation of the Los Angeles City Hall by the taxpayers that bought the \"Watch your language\" place. The mayor has given us his blessing and says he backs the movement, saying he will hold LAPD responsible for any issues regarding police intervention.

Today we combined with teacher's unions and marched through Downtown to the Mellon Bank Building (Chase) in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street demonstrations against unfair tax cuts on Wall Street and LASD's laying off of over 3500 teachers. Once there, our march attempted to enter the building's lobby but only about 10 of us (all teachers) were able to get through before the building was locked down. The rest of us, at least 400 strong, addressed the media with the demands of the 99% and remained on the property where students, teachers, and Occupy Wall Street protesters were able to have an open-mic session to speak with the crowd for about an hour before we reorganized and marched a few miles back "home" to the Los Angeles City Hall, where thousands of protesters have set up a self-sufficient camp that will remain on the property (with the Mayor's blessing) indefinitely. Another group that had marched to separate location returned, then a few thousand of us sat down over dinner and had a General Assembly meeting to come to a consensus on what today's press release would include. I took a few hours worth of video, hundreds of pictures, and have stories that will last me a lifetime. This is the first time in my life that I have ever seen a true demonstration of democracy, and it is a beautiful thing.

Here's a video I threw together real quickly after I got home 2 hours ago Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11   Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:22 pm

What are your goals for these protests...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11   Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:02 am

Insane Mercc wrote:
What are your goals for these protests...

Beginning from one simple demand – a presidential commission to separate money from politics – we start setting the agenda for a new America. The basic message of this protest: Wall Street is oozing corruption and criminality and its unrestrained political power is destroying financial security for everyone else...the 99%.

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11   Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 12:22 pm

So, if many of the participants have differing demands, wouldn't it be hard to get the government to answer all of them. What happens if they answer one groups demands, and that group stands down, but they don't answer another's? Does that group continue to protest after that? and then, if their demands are met, would not there be another group that hasn't been recognized? It sounds like a bunch of people just getting together for different reasons. How can you stand together if your reasons for standing are different?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11   Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occupy Los Angeles - 10/3/11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: The Lounge-
Jump to: