Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Cummerbund pros and cons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Cummerbund pros and cons Empty
PostSubject: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 pm

I got a battlelab LBV from one of my friends who is in the AF , due to it being outdated and whatnot, and him living in a studio apartment he gladly gave me it to free up space. Anyways, I've been messing around with it, and realized that the cummerbund thingies come off. So I am trying to decided if I should keep them on, or just pull them off.

Since this is a vest I might actually use, I need some info I guess. I'm normally run my crossdraw (rarely), or ALICE rig.

I just would like to know the pros and cons of having them on. I have two pouches that are for molle gear so I can set anything up. Exact reason for asking you guys who have them set up.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Well.... A pro of having a cummerbund with MOLLE webbing is the obvious one.. more room for gear. A con I think would be the likely restriction of movement and ventilation.

It all depends on your play style...
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:06 am

Hmm, well I see where your coming from, the thing is though, the vest will wrap around itself so I will have the same amount of webbing either way. I am thinking for this particular vest it is so you can add plates in the side. But I could be wrong, I'll see what I can do about posting some pics of it. Along with the few other things I got today.

Play style really just depends, I adapt the best I can to the scenario given to me, and try to match gear up accordingly. Considering I claim to call myself a DM/sniper it will depend. I think I may use the vest more for CQB, since ALICE has my heart for woodland/desert. Things are closer to my body I can feel them get caught before they make noise.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:14 am

Laughing Since this vest was issued to someone in the service it would make sense that the cummerbund housed plates but.... I am just speculating and just using my common sense here so...yeah!

Pictures would be nice!
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:52 am

Okay well I got 4 pics of it, long process lol, from my phone to my iPod to photobucket to here, you guys best be happy haha.

Anyways these two DO NOT have the cummerbunds on. the first shows it spread out. And the second shows is being connected by the Velcro located there.
Cummerbund pros and cons Textfree_181306905
Cummerbund pros and cons Textfree_181318115

Same as the last two, but this time the cummerbunds are in place.
Cummerbund pros and cons Textfree_181317363
Cummerbund pros and cons Textfree_181317745

Sorry for the crap pictures, old phone and stuff. Anyways, these are the best ways I can show how they work you know? Look closely and you'll see as well. Like I said I think it was more for plates then anything but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:16 am

To me it does look like its just more room for plates a few more straps of MOLLE along with it.... Again its up to you but if your doing CQB then I wouldnt have the cummerbund on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cummerbund pros and cons   Cummerbund pros and cons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cummerbund pros and cons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Airsoft :: Clothing/Gear/Accessories-
Jump to: