Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Sector chip....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mercenary
Private
Private

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:39 am

What is a sector chip? - it is a piece of material usually made of metal, or plastic. Usually round in shape placed inside the gearbox

where is it used? - it is placed on the sector gear, as it rotates it would engage the tappet plate.

When is it used? - it is used when there are feeding problems with the bb's.

** in my opinion sector chips should be the last resort if you aeg is having feeding problems. all other areas should first be checked to determine if one really needs the chip. Some feeding problems maybe caused by other factors like weak magazine coil spring, mis-alignment of mag and hop assembly, problems with hop rubber, or battery too fast etc etc etc... sometimes a little silicone oil solves everything without having to use a sector chip.. Using a sector chip may also put stress on your stock tappet plate (the reason why reinforced tappet plates exist)

Sector chip.... Af31scd
Thanks to the owner of the pic .. you know who you are...

WITHOUT SECTOR CHIP
Sector chip.... Metalgearboxinternals
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 am

AAAAHHHHH,

Now some fun stuff !!!

The Sector clip !!!!

Here is my take on the Sector Clip,

Unless you are doing the HARD, extreme, Piston and Sector Gear modifications for a HIGH HIGH Speed set-up, you are wasting your money. These mods include, Swiss Cheesing of the piston, Tooth modification or removal on the Piston, Tooth removal on the sector gear, Short Stroking the Piston.

The added time that you gain from using a sector clip is not worth the Price or installation of a Sector clip.
If somebody is having feeding issues with ther gun, any number of things can be causing it, worn tappet plate, weak tappet plate spring, improperly installed nozzle, wrong nozzle, and probably the most overlooked cause, defect in/on magazine, just to name a few.

Mercenary has hit the nail right on the head here, maintainance is the key, every so often the GB should be opened, cleaned, controlled and maintained, nothing will get the blood presure up faster than knowing your gun worked great last weekend, but today after 1 shot, nothing else works right.

Thanks for brining this up Mercenary Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mercenary
Private
Private

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:33 am

hahaha.... I never subcribed to the idea of tooth removal on the sector gear (short stroking). these ideas were brought about by achieving high speed setups with MINIMAL COST.. This was prior to the onset of the lipoly batts..

Hi-speed is low rated spring + 9.6v batt + High speed motor (optional like the eg1000)..

Hi-speed w high fps is 11.1v lipo batts + TU min (STU better) + M130min spring (border line so to speak) .... How this affects your game play? YOU MUST LEARN TO SHOOT IN SHORT BURST, NOT IN LONG FULL AUTO MODE (Machine Gun kelly style.. or Al Capone)... THIS IS EXTREME ROF.... that's almost 12v of power
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:48 am

Good point merc, but think about this Razz

11.1V Lipo batt, on a Short stroked set up !! Result when done correctly, INSANE ROF !!!

but that is something for the tuning crazies such as myself, always wanting to see just how far the GB can be pushed, never taking anything for granted, and sometimes actually trying to destroy parts.

M130 in a High Speed set-up, personally I would consider that to be the absolute limit, as a Mil-Sim player, I don´t do many High speed setups, I consider High speed to be used more for CQB, and most MIL-Sims are Land games. Even tho I did do an experiment with a High speed set up with a M150( 2760 RPM), was funny as heck for a while, but something like that would never see the field. ( S&M Airsoft, something for a Mercy Game ) Twisted Evil

I agree with your statement about learning to shoot, Trigger control is am must, Spraying and Praying, is not airsoft.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:22 am

Hmm, would it be wiser to install a MOSFET in that case where the burst are controlled and risk less of those 'halve shots' or 'mid draw' situations.

swiss cheesing is kind of over my head right now so are sector chips.

-thanks for bring it up, very interesting.

Last edited by Lone Wolf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
slob212
slob212

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:35 pm

The largest benifit of a Mosfet, is the reduction of wear on the Switch assembly. It has nothing to do with trigger control, or trigger disipline, a half shot is usualy the result of letting go of the trigger before the cycyle is complete, or playing on a weak battery ( another benifit of a good Mosfet, won´t let you shoot on a weak battery).

If you really want to reduce the posibilty of `` half shots´´ istall a Mosfet with active braking, just remember these are only good for SEMI play, as far as I know there is no active braking system on the market yet for full automatic play. If somebody knows otherwise I would really like to hear about it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sector chip.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sector chip....   Sector chip.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sector chip....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Airsoft Weapons :: AEG upgrades-
Jump to: