Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need your immediate response and attention!

Go down 
+7
pasniper21
kkoerber
Sniper004
slob212
djstasevich
.25 Gram Sniper
Admin
11 posters

Which Domain (site) name?
1. www.airsoftallies.com (Airsoft Allies)
Need your immediate response and attention! Vote_lcap66%Need your immediate response and attention! Vote_rcap
 66% [ 21 ]
2. www.airsoftgathering.com (Airsoft Gathering)
Need your immediate response and attention! Vote_lcap3%Need your immediate response and attention! Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
3. www.airsoftexclusive.com (Airsoft Exclusive)
Need your immediate response and attention! Vote_lcap31%Need your immediate response and attention! Vote_rcap
 31% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Need your immediate response and attention! Empty
PostSubject: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 pm

It's time for an upgrade everyone! As most of you know I like to include everyone in the big decisions for this forum. And this is definitely a big one!

I'm going to be purchasing a domain name (ex. www.airsoftforum. com) soon to transfer the site over to. This means no more ".darkbb." in the name. However, how do I put 2.0 into a domain name? Simply put - I can't. I thought about purchasing www.airsoftforum2.com, but decided it was too close to another airsoft forum and I didn't really like the name too much anyway. This means it's time for a new Forum name AND domain name. For all those who liked "Airsoft Forum 2.0" I apologize for the sudden change. But I promise you'll be included in the decision making of the new name, and this'll be the last change EVER. So, I began searching for available domain names to purchase for the site and came up with very few worthwhile ones. There really aren't many left! So, long story short, I came up with three possible domain names. Remember though, whichever domain name we go with will also be the site name as well. So choose wisely. I'm leaning toward option number three, but before I make a decision I want to hear what you all have to say to help me decide. Thanks everyone!

By the way - I will be purchasing it VERY soon, so I apologize to all those that see this thread too late to vote!

Admin

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:54 pm

I too like the #1 post. I look forward to seeing the update! Very Happy

Last edited by .25 Gram Sniper on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:26 am

# 3 sefinentely gives the site a slick sounding name.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:31 am

I went with the first, we have members here from all over the world, and I just thought it was a better choice to describe the atmosphere here. Allies=Friends , really mates well with the opening banner, No Hating, No Politics, JUST AIRSOFT !
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:24 am

i like airsoft allies it makes me amigin being in combat and the aisoft allies bailing me out of a tite situation lol
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:25 am

i like no. 3 the best
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:08 pm

I like # 1 airsoft allies.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 pm

Airsoft Allies, that could lead to a kewl logo or patch....A.A Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:34 am

I'm switching tomorrow - get your votes in people!

I'll update this thread with the new URL and I'll be sending out an email to all members with the new URL as well.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:48 am

Hey we could do airsoftexclusiveallies.com but I bet that that is taken. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:11 pm

I think #3 is too exclusive... some people might think they can't join(stupid but stupid stuff happens).

so my vote goes to #1

sticks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, this makes things difficult - 6 to 5, advantage airsoftallies.com. I still prefer airsoftexclusive, because it gives off the idea that this forum is strictly for airsoft, not all that other garbage some other forums try to throw in. However, on the other hand I do like the sound of airsoftallies.com as well. It gives off the feeling that I'm trying to go for with this site, which is that we're all working together and on the same team here. Tough call, but even though there weren't many votes, I'm going to stay true to my word and go with www.AirsoftAllies.com as our new forum name. Spread the word people! This is going to be a big change for the site, so keep telling others about it and keep contributing quality posts to the forum! Thanks everyone for your support!

As a warning: I honestly am not sure what will happen when we switch over. I don't know if I'll lose www.airsoftforum.darkbb.com as an alternate URL, or if it'll simply redirect to the new URL. If the old URL (airsoftforum.darkbb.com) disappears I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope all those who haven't seen this thread eventually find the site again. I'll be sending everyone on the forum a newsletter as soon as the switch is made with the new domain name in it just to make sure.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Very well put Admin! cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:01 pm

Hello everyone. Quick update:
The domain purchase is in process. It could take as long as 5-7 days to process. Sorry for the wait!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:57 pm

.25 Gram Sniper wrote:
Hey we could do airsoftexclusiveallies.com but I bet that that is taken. Rolling Eyes

yea by my...place...to be vague

It'll be permitted.

EDIT. ok airsoftallies it is. my bad for not reading beforehand.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Quote :
my bad for not reading beforehand.

It's ok we all make mistakes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Alright guys, it's final! As you may already have noticed, we've finally made the switch to AirsoftAllies.com! Spread the word! Technically both airsoftforum.darkbb.com and AirsoftAllies.com direct to this site, but I'll be advertising the site as AirsoftAllies.com from now on. Thanks everyone for your help in deciding on the new name!
Back to top Go down
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:08 am

I'd like to see you guys on airsoftaliies.com to keep the name, I and so many others are spreading the word of the site and it is going to be HUGE when we get better weather.. back to the topic, yeah I love the site name, very catchy and it's the sites name that got me to investigate it and now im a member (only of 1 week though) Smile I love the site. sniperGokey out bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need your immediate response and attention!   Need your immediate response and attention! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need your immediate response and attention!
Page 1 of 1