Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Empty
PostSubject: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 8:54 am

This topic comes up so often, I think it deserves itīs own thread.

Depending on the level of tuning that you want to achieve, most increases can be done just by changing the size and capacity of battery that you use.
Here is an excellent example, Deepfire M4, from 4,4V to 15,8V, no modifications, just increases in voltage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB6yKfMOpic

Things that need to be kept in mind, if you are going to be going from small to large type batteries, some re-wiring may be needed, Battery Bag, new connectors.

If you are going to be trying to reach really insane rates of fire( above 35 rounds per second ), then we are talking about some radical modifications to the Piston, Short Stroking, Swiss Cheese-ing. Installation of a High Speed motor, High Speed Gears, new bushings, lower level tuning Spring, Vented piston head, ported Cylinder.

Something else to keep in mind, not all guns are right for High Speed Tunings, and this is because of the length of the Barrel, my General Rule of Thumb, anything longer than a M4 ( 363mm Inner Barrel ) just isnīt made for High Speed. Not saying it canīt be done, but depending on the level of tuning, other problems start to pop up, Barrel Suck being the first and hardest to tackle.

Last edited by slob212 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:36 pm

Slob my friend you've done it again cheers
First and foremost, EXCELLENT find on the video. I watched it twice. And I'm going to be showing it around to my teammates, also Cool
I upgraded the battery in my Thompson, which put it at around 850--900 RPM, and it used to be 600 RPM. I achieved that by going from a 8.4 to a 9.6. just ONE battery size. However, I know I'll need to replace the gears in the not too distant future.
Slob, what is "barrel suck"? never heard of this problem. once again good post and excellent video find.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Yes I agree it sure is a good thing to have you here on the fourms
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:54 pm

`` BARREL SUCKīī is a problem that happens to long guns when the ROF is to high.

What happens is the cycling of the GB actually pulls or attempts to pull the BB back up the barrel, at a minimum you have a extremely reduced FPS, and at a maximum you end up with a Jammed Barrel.

The Firing cycle is just too fast, the BB does not have the time to leave the gun before the piston is stating to compress, sucking in air and pulling the BB back up the gun. this problem can more often than not be solved by increasing the Spring strength, or dropping down the Battery power.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Ah its makes sense , the piston creates suction that pulls on the bb . The bb would be pulled back down the barrel if not for the bb traveling at a high enough speed to resist the suction . Now I understand thanks .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:08 pm

no problem

We all learn something new every day,

Happy to help Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )   Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Increasing your ROF ( Rate of Fire )
Page 1 of 1