Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

better rate of fire

Go down 
+3
slob212
Admin
WorldsEdge
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

better rate of fire Empty
PostSubject: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:38 am

can anyone tell about how to upgrade an aeg's rate of fire? i heard it has something to do with a faster gear box with smaller gears, but wouldnt that also lower the fps with those smaller gears?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:34 pm

WorldsEdge wrote:
can anyone tell about how to upgrade an aeg's rate of fire? i heard it has something to do with a faster gear box with smaller gears, but wouldnt that also lower the fps with those smaller gears?

There are many components you can change to increase the ROF of an AEG. Simply put, here are the main ones:
- Upgrade motor (and gearbox) to one that offers a higher ROF (ex. Systema Turbo)
- Power-down your spring: The more powered-down your spring is, the faster the rate of fire. (ex. an M120 spring will cause a slower ROF than an m100).
- Upgrade your battery: The better the battery and higher the voltage, the faster your rate of fire. The rate of fire my gun put out greatly increased when I switched from an 1800 MAH 8.6v battery to a 3600 MAH 9.6v battery
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:33 pm

[quote]There are many components you can change to increase the ROF of an AEG. Simply put, here are the main ones:
- Upgrade motor (and gearbox) to one that offers a higher ROF (ex. Systema Turbo)
- Power-down your spring: The more powered-down your spring is, the faster the rate of fire. (ex. an M120 spring will cause a slower ROF than an m100).
- Upgrade your battery: The better the battery and higher the voltage, the faster your rate of fire. The rate of fire my gun put out greatly increased when I switched from an 1800 MAH 8.6v battery to a 3600 MAH 9.6v battery

Great to see that others understand the concept of using better parts to increase performance.

The first question should also be, How much do you want to increase your ROF ? keep in mind that the higher or more radical the tuning, the sooner parts are going to break. Thats just a fact of AirSoft.

Most improvements to rate of fire can be achieved by using the above stated reccomendations, unless you are trying to achieve the Insane Shocked , an example being a ROF of 86 BBīs in the second Smile , and this mesurment was proofed, but the gearbox lived for just the test firing.

It dosnīt make any sense to tune a gun to a crazy level, then spend most of your playing time changing pistons, gears or cleaning out the metal shavingings inside your GB.

The ADMINS reccomendations are the best, you can achieve 30 BBīs the second quite easy without having to go to the extreme, Swiss Cheesing, Short Stroking ......

Keep it simple and you will have mor fun on the playing field.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeah Slob and ADMINs posts blow mine away, but I figured I would add that my Thompson had a cyclic rate of 600 RPM with an 8.4v battery, and went up about 300 RPM just by switching to a 9.6v.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
minilogoman
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:04 pm

i saw a video on youtube where a kid used 4 regualr non airsoft 9 volts and was using a p90 and had something like 2400 rpm
it was crazy
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:17 pm

You can also get better wiring/conectors. The increase won't be that dramatic but it's definately noticible.

I would recomend Systema wiring. Ive heard great things about deans conectors but the hastle to switch to Deans from Tamiya was to great for me(you need to cange the conectors on everything, charger, battery, and wiring). Tamiya is the standard block conector for reference.

I wouldent sugest going past a 9.6V battery unless it's a lipo and you have a lipo ready gearbox.

Before I switched to systema wiring I didn't use a fuse. It's not that big of a deal if you don't use a fuse if your careful with your gun. If you have E1 wiring I would keep the fuse on, this is mainly because E1 wiring isn't the same quality as say TM or G&G wiring is.

Thats all I got, I would check out a new motor before you do anything I meantioned above. Oh yeh and you need a quality battery if you plan on skipping a fuse.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am

@ sticks.13,
Make the change, go with the Deans connectors, it is a pain in the A.., but only at the beginning, and the benifits are more than worth it.

A solid connection, no wiggling, or Arcing as they get worn.
Almost no resistance, unlike the Tamiya connectors,
Require less space,
Easier to work with when you go with a larger diameter cabel, or go from small to large AKKUīs
Easier to waterproof if you play in the rain or really humid Climate,
No need for a flashlight if you are in a night game and have to change Akku,( I managed to cross pole with Tamiya connectors,)

After refitting our team with Deanīs connectors, nobody will go back to Tamiya.

Systema Wiring is good, but donīt get hung up on buying into brand names, for the amount of money that Systema or Prometheus wants you can get a better quality and larger diameter of cabe at your local hardware store, and alot more of it. Keep in mind the larger the diameter, the easier your Akku works, the easier your Akku works the better performance you get from your motor. Things to keep in mind, when using Teflon coated cabels, they are real easy to short out if you are not careful, Silicon coated ( insulated ) cabels are more flexible, better insulated but require more room for the same size diameter as Teflon coated.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:21 pm

I gave you my answer on your upgrade parts for M4 thread. Please refer to that page for my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: better rate of fire   better rate of fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

better rate of fire
Page 1 of 1