Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

battle of the side arms

Go down 
+4
lonesniper24
killyouno5
pasniper21
silent--likethenight
8 posters
AuthorMessage
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

battle of the side arms Empty
PostSubject: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:06 pm

I want any and all opinions on side arms.
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:51 pm

A sniper's left hand man. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:16 am

Basiclly as long as it is compact can fit in a holster and will fire when I need it I will always carry one with me not matter if I have a crap load of other stuff it will never leave my side.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:17 am

anything you want it to be Pistols,SMG's,assault rifles what ever you want I personally use a double M4 all it is, is the M4 and mag I cut off the front site took off the carrying handle no stock
it's just the M4 and mag.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:20 am

I have several, all for different purposes. IMO the best you can have would be an AEP- reliable, a lot of firepower. The only downside is a lack of power and accuracy, but then, I mostly use my sidearm to suppress the enemy so I can escape, or engage at a short enough range that a hit is guaranteed

Jim
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:32 pm

I consider a 'sidearm' a pistol or a compact SMG that is stored in a holster, anything else is a secondary. They are almost the same thing, especially in airsoft where most people use their secondary'(s) as a sidearm.

Well they can be completely worthless, or they can be your best friend. I say completely because some people learn to reload alot faster(with AEG's) among other things.

You could basically toss that aside since were talking about sniping however I thought it should be known.

As far as personal experience goes my pistol is my CQB/urban gun of choice and my trustful backup during ambushes. I could probably bore you guys to death by writing paragraphs on why I do this, but I will save you the time and dumb it down alot........

The pistol when used correctly is the most maneuverable weapon in airsoft, therefor it is a prime weapon for smaller areas(ie. ambushes and CQC)........ Done.....

When you purchase a pistol go name brand. Some really good brands are KSC, KWA, Tokyo Marui, Western Arms(WA not WE), and KJW. When you purchase with one of these brands get the brands mags, Ie TM hi-cappa gets TM mags Not WE hi-cappa mags. This will ensure better consistency and quality. Also I made the mistake of buying a gun with $40 mags a pop, make sure you really like the gun, then research some other stuff about it such as mag cost and reliability. I have found that there have been very few situations where I have needed another mag, in the past my extra GBB mag money has gone towards more games Smile.

Thats pretty much all you need to know about side arms. Secondaries have a totally different thought process. I'll let someone else fill you in on that stuff.

sticks
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:39 pm

get a reliable side arm, my tsd 1911 has a jamming problem and therefore in the future i will be purchasing a kwa 1911. I will always buy at least one extra because it will always come in handy.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:22 pm

in the summer i use a TSD M9 or a KWA Mac 11 and it works out nicely...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: battle of the side arms   battle of the side arms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

battle of the side arms
Page 1 of 1