Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

M-PEG Upgrading

Go down 
+5
Ace
stormtrupr
Roamer
Seabass_9000
Fox13
9 posters

Would you rather...
a. Buy a great AEG and upgrade it (Ex. CA)
M-PEG Upgrading Vote_lcap60%M-PEG Upgrading Vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
b. Buy a MPEG and have more money to upgrade it with. (Ex. Echo1)
M-PEG Upgrading Vote_lcap40%M-PEG Upgrading Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:16 pm

OK so lets say you want to upgrade a airsoft replica. You could:
a. Buy a nice AEG and upgrade it.(Ex: Classic Army)
b. Buy a M-PEG and have more money to spend on upgrades

What do you guys think. Vote but also post and explain what one you chose and why.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 pm

I have a Classic Army and 2 Echo 1's. The CA36 without a doubt is a much better replica, but for the money the Echo 1's do a fantastic job at keeping up.

I personally would build up higher end replica's as opposed to building up mpeg's. The higher end replica's usually have reinforced gearboxes, better wiring, and are built with strong internals. High end replica's normally respond to mods better because of this.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:33 am

First off, great topic/poll. I think there is a lot of talk about disputes out there today.

Call me inexperienced, but I went with Echo 1. I have owned two thus far and honestly couldn't be more pleased. BUT I must admit some ignorance in my answer for I have never owned a CA or TM AEG. With that in my I went w/ echo 1 b/c:
1) you have to buy batteries and a charger with CA and TM
2) internals may be better, but you'll have a lower STOCK FPS rating with higher end guns
3) I haven't had a single problem with Echo 1 guns... and I think I will always have a soft spot b/c it was my first AEG

Please, feel free to educate me on how I am wrong as I am still comparably very young in the sport of airsoft. I just don't see myself spending money on another companies guns when Echo 1 has never let me down!!
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
stormtrupr
Private
Private
stormtrupr

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:02 am

ok..firstly...if you can afford it...go CA! im very pleased with myne and the craftsmenship is great.

The fps thing you are talking about roamer is true, but a spring is only like 10 bucks...so not much, plus the ca or tm will last longer on stock internals than echo with stronger springs.

that said...the echo's seem a heck of a deal for the money! they are great and buying the batt/charger does kinda suck...that said...i think im gonna stick to CA though and i doubt you can get a 9.6v battery with the echo1 either where you could with the CA for little more money.

yes...this all adds up, but you have a gun that will last longer on without upgrading internals and i think you can also get more out of the stock internals of a CA/ TM if you want to just upgrade the spring for cheap fps.

i think its echo1 for budget, but CA if you can handle it. sure you have more money for upgrades, but you may need to upgrade things you wouldnt need to if you had the CA to begin with. plus, my experience with paintball....i always wished i woulda spent the extra money for the nicer gun rather than modding quickly, than the cheaper gun with mods cause i could alsways add the mods later when i had the cash. i know im being kinda circular in this post, but i think both have their strong points

should you want a gun to leave as stock say the mp5k for CBC...then save the money and go echo1.

you want a AEG at high fps.....spend the extra money for better reliability down the road.

.02 from me:)
Back to top Go down
https://ohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=606815017
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:51 am

Nice post Stormtrupr...

Roamer, if you are using the battery that came with your Echo 1... I am sorry, but in most cases people that get Echo 1's never even touch the battery that comes with them. A 9.6 volt battery is a must just to get a competitive rate of fire. The Echo 1 motors in my opinion arent nearly as good as CA or TM, which require upgrading to be as good or better. In most cases, when you add up the money spent on upgrades to get the Echo 1's up to CA / TM performance levels they generally end up costing as much or more. While it is true that Echo 1's usually have higher FPS, that doesnt always mean its a good thing. It could mean that it is less reliable as a result of having a stiffer spring that is putting added stress on the gearbox and internals.
I would also say that in most cases Echo 1's are quite as accurate as higher end replica's either. They do a nice job, but even when you upgrade the crap out of them they dont seem to have as tight of a grouping as a CA, TM, etc...

Just my observations.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Corporal
Corporal
Ace

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Seabass, what about the vector arms editions of the Echo 1?
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Id say go with the better gun, and just keep adding things at a slow rate, for example get a cylinder set for christmas, tightbore barrel for your birthday, spring and spring guide with some of your own money, etc.

If you want to go all out right at the beginning, it depends whether you want a loger lasting gun, or a power house that you will have to becareful not to wear out.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:14 pm

go with a higher end gun if you are planning on upgrading it.

the reason E1's and JG guns have a higher stock FPS is because they are not made to be upgraded, they can be but they were not designed for the extra stresses that upgrades provide. its nice that they are compatible but that doesnt mean that they were made to be upgraded(like TM's, and CA's are). E1 made their guns with the mentality that if we put some upgrades into them then people wont have to upgrade them, therefor providing a replica that can compete with some of the higher end replicas.
again there is no problem with upgrading an MPEG(or LPEG if your old-school) but their not made for it.

besides its funner to waste more money on upgrades than fixing a broken gun because there was too much stress on the internals.

just my 2 cents

sticks

PS: TM FTW!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Well now that people have voted I have to say. I voted b. but this is probably because it is what I did to my JG M16. Although now that I look back I wish I had just bought a CA and upgraded it because now I want a metal body. However I think that it is a slight waste to buy a Tokyo Marui for upgrading because most of there parts will need to be replaced anyways. The only reason I would buy a TM is if I wanted a gun that, if maintained properly and the gear box is never opened, will never break.

(It's funny that the gun I had before my JG was a shot gun springer. Now my gun penetrates all parts of a pop can except for the top center. Kinda a big step but I could have never predicted that I would love the sport this much. tongue )
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Ace... the Vector Arms AK is great for the money, but it doesnt really compete on the same level of performance as the CA36 does. I also had to add a tightbore, CA motor and a 9.6 volt battery just to get it close... then I still wasnt happy with the ROF and upgraded to a deep fire piston with titanium teeth and a Systema Magnum... In the end I could have bought a CA pretty easy, but I still enjoy the Vector Arms AK. Very Happy

Kinda wierd but since I got it, it does this wierd thing where no matter what the first shot always drops off. On semi auto it is basically useless... full auto it works good though.
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 am

I would get an ICS or a CA for the fact that most are all metal and wont need as much upgrading as an Mpeg
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Thread CPR (apology for necropost, but this thread aint dead yet)   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I would buy a CA because it has the reinforced gb and internals such as metal bushings and metal shims. Though my only gun thus far is a JG, which is similar to Echo 1. Next month i will be ordering metal bushings and a spring guide, because i have already had it for 6 months now.

Buying a CA or ICS would be a more logical decision because even though you do not have the 360 FPS spring, you would have the reinforced gb and metal hardware already installed professionaly.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

M-PEG Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: Re: M-PEG Upgrading   M-PEG Upgrading Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M-PEG Upgrading
Page 1 of 1