Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

JG Bar 10 Upgrading

Go down 
+2
Seabass_9000
Fox13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

JG Bar 10 Upgrading Empty
PostSubject: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:27 am

The JG Bar 10. This gun is a great gun to upgrade. First off it is compatible with all TM VSR parts. So if you wanted to totally overhaul it you could do that, but most people that wanted a really reliable and nice sniper probably would have gotten the TM in the first place. So this upgrade guide is aimed at "Noobs" (No Pun Intended) who want to upgrade their rifle without spending any serious dough.

There is 3 easy upgrades:
1.) The Air Brake Mod:
This is a fairly simple procedure that will get the FPS up to around 470-490. First disassemble the cylinder and take out the piston. On the end of the piston is a plastic stick protruding from it. Take a saw and cut to approx. half of its previous length. Just in case you are worried about this affecting some other aspect of your gun it won't do anything negitive performance wise. But it will make your gun louder, but don't worry. No guns even have this silencing feature. The way this works is it creates a seal in the barrel by that little stick going into it. This traps some air inside the cylinder which causes the piston to slow because of the compressed air. So when the piston strikes the piston head it is moving much slower. But then this also reduces the volume of air being exerted through the barrel. Shortening the air brake then allows more air to travel down the barrel more quickly. Thus raising FPS. (Hope I didn't get to nerdy and scientific there.)

2.) The Teflon Tape Mod:
This is another easy mod that will raise FPS. Take Teflon (also known as plumbers tape) tape and wrap it in these area's. Around that outside of the hop-up. On the tip of the cylinder head on the indented part. And finally around the base of the tip of the cylinder head. You can wrap it around the Piston head but I would prefer to go to Home Depot. Buy a case of assorted O-rings and choose the one that would give me the tightest possible seal.

3.) (Note: Don't do this mod if you don't want any thing to break.)
Washer Mod:
OK, I made this one up myself. Take your piston to Home Depot and get some washers that will fit inside of it. Then take some electrical tape and tape them together. Then place them inside the cylinder. What this will do is
A.) Compress the spring more for more FPS.
B.) Give it that recoil effect.
However, the extra weight slamming into the cylinder head will cause fatigue and eventually break something. The raised FPS will cause the sears to wear out quickly. But then you can just but a Zero Trigger system.

Sorry I don't have any pics yet but I'll try to get them soon. If you have questions just PM me.

Happy Hunting

Last edited by Fox13 on Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 am

Very interesting... I dont have a bolt action, but if I think about buying one, I will definitely consider the JG just because it looks easy to get high fps with basically free mods. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Yah the JG is a beast, you can literally get it from 360 fps to 500 in about 5 mins with about $0.99.

I didn't want to get it though, because if i messed it up and it broke, i wouldnt have enough money muh-lah to get a new one. No
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey if you are worried about messing up, don't be. Its pretty hard to screw up a BAR 10 and like I said you could just PM me. But your choice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:12 am

does the teflon tape mod work with the VSR 10????
Back to top Go down
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Uh why would you want to do that with such a nice gun? Not sure if it does, i don't know anyone who has tried it...
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:01 pm

yes the Teflon mod should work for you VSR10. the reason i say this is because the Teflon mod is made for the V Hop-Up. the VSR series was the fist style gun to have this V style Hop-Up

sticks
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:49 pm

hey, if teflon tape increases the FPS as drastically as it does... then I would use it, no matter how nice the gun is
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Funny now that, a month and a half later, Seabass now has the Bar 10.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I have had it a while... I need to post the results from the mods. I am waiting on a nice day with low wind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JG Bar 10 Upgrading   JG Bar 10 Upgrading Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JG Bar 10 Upgrading
Page 1 of 1