Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

PSG-1 sniper

Go down 
+3
Seabass_9000
Slacker
wf sniper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 pm

what u guys think about the psg-1 i really like it but it $450:( just wanted to no ur opinion
Back to top Go down
Slacker
Private
Private
Slacker

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 pm

This gun sucks to put it in a nutshell.

We were able to hold one up at airsoft arms in C-bus. The second that gun hit my hands I head a dreadful plasitc creeeeekkk. It seems extremely plasticy to me. It didn't feel solid as the stock wiggled about annolying. The way the gun shoots is it's bonust though. A regular Aeg holds the spring in the released position you have to pull and hold the trigger as the motor winds up the gears to pull back the spring into it's loaded position. With the psg-1 the spring is alread depressed making snap shots much easier. This is it's redeaming factor.

The price of the gun plus the price to get it to shoot reliably at over 400 is going to be more the $500. Also this has the longest barrel of all of the Aeg's at 650mm.

In short it is a waste of money unless you want to dump alot into one

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Honestly, thought it was a huge disappointment. VERY plasticy, and for that kind of money it really needs to be high quality metal. Another thing is that it is only shooting about 300fps out of the box... while this is a good thing for reliability, as a sniper rifle it should be shooting about 400fps out of the box just so it is legit.

I would much rather build up a Classic Army CA8 or Classic Army G3 variant instead, as they both use good metal bodies, are cheaper to begin with, and feel more like a real steel than the TM PSG1.

If you ever hold one you can decide, but it wasnt for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:02 pm

well, that is all you need to know right there.
The Airsoft gods have pretty much trashed it.... if you still like it beyond this point, you are stupid
lolol
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Sorry Roamer, he asked for our opinion's and Slacker and I just put down what we honestly thought since we have both actually held them before...

Back to topic:
Well, if you have ever held it... you might know what we are talking about. It just doesnt have the solid feel of a CA8, CA G3 varient, etc... and when you consider the price tag on it, I have Echo 1's that are 100 times more solid feeling as far as structural integrity go. They may not shoot as well, but they do win in the fit and finish category.

It is also maybe the noiseiest replica I have ever touched in terms of the plastic rubbing and making noise, not from firing. Very Happy

Yes it probably shoots pretty good being TM and I am sure it is accurate, but it wouldnt be my first choice and when you consider you will have close to $550-$600 in it by the time its ready to compete with, you might as well just buy a Systema or upgrade the crap out of a Classic Army.

If you like the look of the PSG1, why not get this and make it into one? Chances are it would be cheaper anyways...
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_91&products_id=1781
I havent ever really seen one of these, but atleast it has some metal parts on it. Not to mention it is about $200 cheaper and made by one of the best companies in the business (not putting TM down).
Back to top Go down
stormtrupr
Private
Private
stormtrupr

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:55 pm

again....know you've heard this from the other two....but i was there also and was very disappointed in the plastic feel....i do think it is a good gun but indeed is a ton of money to have to mod b4 it is useful.
Back to top Go down
https://ohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=606815017
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:21 am

thanx guys when i said i liked it i meant the look thanx seabass for the other gun that looks like it im starting to look into semi snipers thanx again
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:33 am

wf sniper wrote:
thanx guys when i said i liked it i meant the look thanx seabass for the other gun that looks like it im starting to look into semi snipers thanx again

I agree that it would be hard to be satisfied with such a gun. Sure it looks beautiful from afar, and has potential if you're willing to dump a ton of money into it, but it really just doesn't make sense unless you're a collector and you've got the $$$.

Anyway, you're looking into semi-auto sniper rifles, huh? Semi-auto only, or can it have full-auto function as well? The Star SL9 is an option. And at only $600 stock, it'd be real easy to afford Wink If you're willing to buy a semi/full auto rifle, then you've got plenty of options. Semi-auto only really limits you though. That is, unless you're interested in messing with the internals a little to "turn off" the full-auto function so it's semi-auto only. Just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:37 am

wow, that was a compliment to you guys.
Usually gods is used to signify that someone is all knowing all powerful.

I still have to say that if you two are in agreement that a gun sucks.... then it really does SUCK.
Sorry if you took that in a bad way, i was just reassuring WF that you guys know what your talking about.

So shoot me why don't you... in our next practive... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:31 pm

if u guys say its a piece of crap im not going to buy i just wanted to know ty
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 3:27 pm

Well I wouldnt say its crap, but it just isnt what you might expect for that kind of money. It is a TM, which means it would be reliable and probably shoots really good. Just the exterior of the replica isnt up to my standards... I would recommend another TM or get a CA version of the SG1.
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Yeah, guys with a little money and knowlage.. you can turn a C.A SG1 into a PSG1.. well close.. they have the grips, and i belive they have all the externals too... hook that up with a nice long tight bore, slap a scope on, get a heavier spring, you are set.. If you guys saw the older movie "sniper" The one guy uses a psg1/g3 sg1.. it's got like a PSG1 reciever, but Sg1 hand guards and barrel.. i think, haven't seen the movie in a while.. But yes, I wouldn't reccomend one either unless you are dedicated to it, finaciacly and "emotionaly"
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PSG-1 sniper Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSG-1 sniper   PSG-1 sniper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSG-1 sniper
Page 1 of 1