Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Barrel SUCK

Go down 
+3
djstasevich
slob212
victorface
7 posters
AuthorMessage
victorface
Private
Private

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:53 am

if i installed a mock silencer with a tightbore running tthe ed of it on my G&G GR16 (basically a m4a1) would i need a bore up kit in order to prevent the infamous "barrel suck"?

oh btw, the silencer would be about 8 inches, making the barrel around 550 mm.

follow-up: also, whats the difference between an m4 bore up kit and an m16 bore up? would the m16 have a different cylinder and therefore be able to push more air?

m4: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=443_444_499&products_id=3641
m16: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=443_444_499&products_id=3643

thanks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:54 am

Barrel Suck only becomes an issue if you are running a High Speed set up, if you have left the gun alone, no High Speed tuning, you can install the Silencer with no worries.

Differences between an M4 and M16 Bore up kit,

The Number, and the packaging label, nothing more and nothing less.

All M-4 s are variants of the M16.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Lets say you have a high speed set, what would you have to do to prevent this "barrel suck."
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
sticks.13

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm

You would need to get a bore up set. Also some people think that the suck comes with larger barrel, it does however you only need it if you barrel exceeds 650mm(IE. AUG Phantom owners).

sticks
Back to top Go down
victorface
Private
Private

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 am

great, sounds good. is it also true that if u have a bore-up kit, yet your barrel is too short, u will have a dramatic decrease in fps?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:54 am

Bore Up Kits actually only start to show worth while benefits and increases at the M120 level.
If you are using a spring under this you will increase your FPS output regardless of the gun, but the will be minimal increases.

All barrel lengths are prone to barrel suck, it is all based on the ROF, and the amount of tuning that has been done to increase it.
If you stay with your `` Normal īī tuning parts, make no additional modifications
Twisted Evil Barrel Suck should never become an Issue for you. If it should, all you need to do to fix it is to increase your spring strength, it will slow down your set-up, decreasing your ROF, increasing your FPS, and no more problems.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:43 pm

What exactly is "Barrel Suck" What a nOOb question Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 pm

its when the piston sucks air from the barrel and if your rof is to high and the bb is still in the barrel then you will have a huge decrease in fps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
victorface
Private
Private

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:42 am

yeah i never planned to upgrade to a high rof... too much $$ for bbs -.-

thanks. my question is well answered
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 6:19 am

Actually itīs not a Noob ( I hate that word ) question,
most players never encounter it, and the ones that do are the ones that have been around in the game for a while, know how to tune a gun, but just go a little to far.

Donīt ever consider a question Dumb or think that People will think your new to the Game just because you ask a question, nobody has all the answers, and as fast as the game is developing and changing, even the old timers have a hard time keeping up, sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:59 pm

I hate the Noob word to slob. But I was wondering how fast does the rate of fire normal have to be before you encounter the barrel suck problem.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:42 am

Depending on the Barrel length it shows up or becomes a factor at different ROF,

Taking the middle of the road Inner Barrel length ( Since the field is flooded with them ) 363mm, the standard for an M4, Barrel suck starts to develop at the 40 +/- shots per second.

Different set-ups can go higher, especially when you start short stroking a piston, or do the tooth removal MOD.

On the Playing Field, I have seen this problem mainly show up on weapons that are being used specificly for CQB, Suppression, more than accuracy, and in every type of gun from MP to G3/M41 ( donīt ask, I also never understood why you would want a G3 for CQB, Players Choice)
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:57 am

Lol the g3 is awsome in every way high rof decent fps but it is heavy and long. But now they have a retractable stock version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Sponsored content

Barrel SUCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barrel SUCK   Barrel SUCK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barrel SUCK
Page 1 of 1